10.5.2 killed my EFI Leopard install !

ipguy

16 posts in this topic

You sould have read netkas.org...

Btw PCEFI won't turn your Hardware (sound card, processor) into the EXACT same hardware as in Macs...It only fails because 10.5.2 kexts are only compatible with real macs so you need to tweak those (netkas.org is your friend).

Have a nice day !

EFI isn't the problem here. The big problem is the update installs files that by default OSX86 cannot use, the magical files that Apple uses to tie the OS to their hardware. The smaller but still very relevant problem is that they don't exactly care about breaking compatibility with your (not in any Mac) hardware.

PC_EFI does it's job perfectly here. It's everything else that flies apart at the seams.

We should set up our own update server, then edit /Library/Preferences/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate.plist to point to that server. Then we can have an updates server, but for already "fixed" stuff ^_^.

LOL that was very funny n true. however it must be illegal hosting

NEVER INSTALL A PURE UPDATE ON A HACKITOSH

Too late :shock:

Had just done it on the MPB, and clicked yes without thinking on the hackintosh...

Of course now it refuses to boot due to that damn kext...

Has anyone succeeded to restore a previously working kalyway 10.5.1 with backported nVidia kexts from 10.5.2 beta ? (GeForce 8800 GT... :/ )

I gained access to my HFS+ Macintosh HD partition in read-write thanks to MacDrive 7 from my bootcamp windows partition, have the Kalyway DVD at hand, would it be enough to replace the bad kext and try booting again ?

I can't remember from the update on my real Mac if the update continued install after the first reboot, or if he did it all when shuting down right after the download ?

Install a pure update, best way to get things to work. But make sure you backup you're stuff. For me I have my Windows drive which is my primary, OSx86 is my playtime drive. Just look at the problem that you have and keep a copy of your installation Kexts and other tools on a USB pen drive.

The only things I backed up are SMARTDriveTool, Limewire, Messenger 6.0, Camino.

Asrock Conroe945G-DVI - ICH7

Intel Core2Duo 1.86Ghz

2GB DDR2 667Mhz

250GB HDD SATA - OS X 10.5.2

256GB HDD SATA - Windows XP SP2 (120GB) Ex-Vista install (120GB Free)

GMA950 set to 64MB

DVDRW

10/100/1000+HD Audio

Too late :D

Had just done it on the MPB, and clicked yes without thinking on the hackintosh...

Of course now it refuses to boot due to that damn kext...

Has anyone succeeded to restore a previously working kalyway 10.5.1 with backported nVidia kexts from 10.5.2 beta ? (GeForce 8800 GT... :/ )

I gained access to my HFS+ Macintosh HD partition in read-write thanks to MacDrive 7 from my bootcamp windows partition, have the Kalyway DVD at hand, would it be enough to replace the bad kext and try booting again ?

I can't remember from the update on my real Mac if the update continued install after the first reboot, or if he did it all when shuting down right after the download ?

Yes it does reboot, at first it will prompt you that the computer will need to restart, and then when you select "ok" then it will start, the machine will reboot and at the white screen you will hear your drive crunching, and then it reboots again and then it cruches some more and the blue screen appears and BAM! you're on your desktop.

• 4 weeks later...

I wish I had looked here first......

I just killed my Hackintosh with the official update! boot now just goes round in circles....

Anyone have any idea how i can fix this? Can i replace the kext thats causing the problem?

Have been using iATKOS v1.0i (10.5.1)

Can i use a command at boot to enter terminal and do something?