HP TX1000Z Tablet Compatibility with Leopard

BlueCopter

979 posts in this topic

matias how did you get past the darwin boot loader after it finds the acpi ..did you slide the power switch at that point it stops? how long did you wait?

When the HP screen came out I used to press F9, to select from which device I'd wanna boot. I chose the hard drive, and then the darwin loader appeared. Waited for it to boot, without any flags, and when the loading stoped, I slided the power switch. Sometimes once, others twice (be sure to slide it till "the end", because there were a few times where I didn't slide it completely).

@Matiaslaporte...which install disc did you use? I used leo4allv2.By the way my specific model is tx2104ca...maybe they used a different type of cam on your model. but let me know which install disc you used and maybe I'll try it thanks :)

I used leo4allv3. I don't know specifically which type cam they used in my tablet model... I think although that it uses a USB interface, could it be?

Sorry for being vague. I have a tx1220 running Leo4All v4.1 and Vista Home Premium, my wifi has quit working in both operating systems. Everyhting else works fine. A couple of times I have removed the wifi card and reseated it and that seemed to work for a brief while (a couple of hours) but then it loses it again. This method has only worked two times out of about 50. It doesn't even show up in device manager (vista).

Definately your card or whatever you're plugging it into (mine is integrated, or at least I would have to open the notebook casing to remove it)

I used leo4allv3. I don't know specifically which type cam they used in my tablet model... I think although that it uses a USB interface, could it be?

In my quest to get my cam working, I found TONs of drivers for USB cams, so yes, the fact that it uses a USB interface must be why it's working....I don't know how mine is connected...How do you know yours has a USB interface? I have a tx2117c

UPDATE:

I went lookingthrough my device manager and it says my webcam has a USB interface too, so I have no idea why it doesn't also work :)

@matiaslaporte I see...I've tried leo4allv4.1, v1,v2 but Ive never tried v3...I'll try to explore the drivers on v3 and maybe I'll try some of them...by the way version 4.1 didn't work well for me..it's a success install with audio and power management working after install but randomly crashes some programs...specially Safari...even firefox.....so went back to v2 and I'm a happy camper again...I just wish I can make my webcam work then I'll be hapier :) @ American Yellow...any progress on the QE? by the way I have a background in Programming but mostly windows enviroment...never the other side....let me know if there's something I can do to help you guys...these are the languages I'm familiar with..C,C++,Java,Visual Basic, Assembly....are any of these tools helpful in you're project? let me know because I have no clue on what tools you guys are using to compile/decompile your codes and how you guys are implementing it and also what program you use to write/modify it? I just started on learning Xcode, cocoa and cocoa touch but I think it's going to take a while before I can really say I can write a mac/iphone application(usable anyways)...do you use these same programs for mac hardware drivers? give me a shout!

In my quest to get my cam working, I found TONs of drivers for USB cams, so yes, the fact that it uses a USB interface must be why it's working....I don't know how mine is connected...How do you know yours has a USB interface? I have a tx2117c

UPDATE:

I went lookingthrough my device manager and it says my webcam has a USB interface too, so I have no idea why it doesn't also work :)

When I have a clean XP Install, without any drivers of the notebook, in "my computer" an icon whit a camera pic appears saying "capture video from a USB Device"... when I click on it, the webcam starts working.

@matiaslaporte I see...I've tried leo4allv4.1, v1,v2 but Ive never tried v3...I'll try to explore the drivers on v3 and maybe I'll try some of them...by the way version 4.1 didn't work well for me..it's a success install with audio and power management working after install but randomly crashes some programs...specially Safari...even firefox.....so went back to v2 and I'm a happy camper again...I just wish I can make my webcam work then I'll be hapier :)

I finally desisted from using Leopard in my tablet. WiFi didn't work, graphics card didn't support QE/CI, and sometimes the OS crashed just like that... didn't have any answer from the machine, don't know why.

Leo4allv3 was the only one I tried, so I can't form an opinion for the others.

I got the following with the audio

The System extension "/system/library/extensions/appleazaliaaudio.kext/contends/plugins/appleazaliacontroller.kext" was installed iproperly and cannot be used. please try reinstalling it, or contact the products vender for an update.

Hi fellas,I just decided to do this to my costco tx1000z. I used the leo4allv2 got just about everything working except I keep getting these errors:

The System extension "/system/library/extensions/appleazaliaaudio.kext/contends/plugins/IOHDAudioFamily.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. please try reinstalling it, or contact the products vender for an update

and

The system extension "/system/library/extensions/appleazaliaaudio.kext/contents/plugins/appleazaliacontroller.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it or contact the products vendor for an update

Has there been any fix for this problem? different kext or vendor ID?

When I have a clean XP Install, without any drivers of the notebook, in "my computer" an icon whit a camera pic appears saying "capture video from a USB Device"... when I click on it, the webcam starts working.

I finally desisted from using Leopard in my tablet. WiFi didn't work, graphics card didn't support QE/CI, and sometimes the OS crashed just like that... didn't have any answer from the machine, don't know why.

Leo4allv3 was the only one I tried, so I can't form an opinion for the others.

I've never had XP on my tablet so I can't compare mine to that. Although after upgrading to 10.5.4, my webcam is now recognized and working great!!!

I can tell you EXACTLY why stuff wasn't working for your leopard install....You have to use Leo4all v2. Before finding this thread I tried about 15 times to install it using kalyway, leo4all v3 and iATKOS v4a and NONE installed and worked like Leo4all v2.

Hi fellas,I just decided to do this to my costco tx1000z. I used the leo4allv2 got just about everything working except I keep getting these errors:

The System extension "/system/library/extensions/appleazaliaaudio.kext/contends/plugins/IOHDAudioFamily.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. please try reinstalling it, or contact the products vender for an update

and

The system extension "/system/library/extensions/appleazaliaaudio.kext/contents/plugins/appleazaliacontroller.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it or contact the products vendor for an update

Has there been any fix for this problem? different kext or vendor ID?

To fix the azalia audio problem, just go to your applications folder and run Extensions Repair, after restarting that message will go away and your sound should work if you have the right BIOS. That's how it worked on my tx2000 anyway

@nevarDeath can you post the steps to update to 10.5.4...I know that bluecopter posted the steps but the link for the 10.5.4 update is no longer available because the new address is leo4all.com but they don't have the link for the 10.5.4 update anymore...can you tell me where you got your 10.5.4 update...and are you using tx2000...thanks for any information you can give me :poster_oops:

Hey guys,

Letting you know that we are still here working hard. Honestly, we haven't made much progress in the pass few weeks due to complications. So, we have decided to create a wiki posting all the work we've done in the hopes others will be able to contribute so that we can get this project completed.

is there a link to this wiki? :/

I've never had XP on my tablet so I can't compare mine to that. Although after upgrading to 10.5.4, my webcam is now recognized and working great!!!

I can tell you EXACTLY why stuff wasn't working for your leopard install....You have to use Leo4all v2. Before finding this thread I tried about 15 times to install it using kalyway, leo4all v3 and iATKOS v4a and NONE installed and worked like Leo4all v2.

Really? Cool, I'll take your word on that :wacko:. I'll wait for the recovery disks with Vista from HP to come, and then I'll dual boot between Vista (because XP didn't work for me) and Leo4allV2.

Thanks!

@nevarDeath

So, I tried leo4allv2. WiFi works (at least it recognizes the device and shows me some networks, couldn't test it yet). Couldn't update to 10.5.4 (I could to 10.5.3), everytime I tried (with another thread of this forum, this one specifically, because the link in this thread to leo4all.uni.cc doesn't work anymore) Leopard wouldn't hanged after the update, and won't boot anymore.

So, I don't have the webcam working, I still can't calibrate, and the OS still hangs when downloading large updates :) ...

He Guys!

I am sry to say, that i am out of this project!

As i was not satisfied with the touch tablet itself (i wanted touch with my fingers, not just with the pen).

So i decided to sell my HP (i sold it for the same amount, which i payd 6 months ago) and bought me a new Macbook :unsure:

Maybe i will be back when Dell launches their multi touchtablet -

The packages are still available to download (and the will be downloadable for some years).

I will visit this thread from time to time, to see if the hp is 100% working!

So, it was nice here and i wish you all the best!

sad to see you going the_29, although i've been thinking along the same lines myself and am looking at one of the new macbook pros. thanks for all your help. speaking of the new macbook... i don't have leo installed at the moment. since the new macbooks have integrated graphics now, has anyone tried adding our device id's to the new graphic kexts to see if we can get CI/QE? it's a long shot. i think the cards they use now have a different core BUT the memory addresses should be right leaving the possibility of getting it working? it'll be interesting to see how many stock many stock apple kexts we can use now seeing how they moved to nvidia chipsets just like us. hopefully this'll really open up compatibility with this laptop.

Marc

ah, that sucks. do you have another computer? i could last 3 weeks without the laptop but i think i'd go slowly crazy with no computer at all!

@AmericanYellow, you still out there mate? i'd imagine you're the person with the most knowledge of CI/QE and how it's initiated here. is it nvdanv30hal that would hold the memory addressing or nvresman? i know nvdanv30hal is responsible for CI/QE but i think i remember hearing somewhere that nvresman's responsible for the actual memory addressing. since this should have been updated to handle shared memory on the 9400's and is related to all nvidia cards, not just that one shouldn't we now be able to get CI/QE? we have memory addressed correctly in nvresman and CI/QE drivers for our specific graphics core in nvdanv30hal, what else do we need? i'm going to give leo another install tonight, will try to update to 10.5.5 and see what i can come up with. does anyone know how to modify an injector for our card to work with the new drivers?

Marc

@nevarDeath

So, I tried leo4allv2. WiFi works (at least it recognizes the device and shows me some networks, couldn't test it yet). Couldn't update to 10.5.4 (I could to 10.5.3), everytime I tried (with another thread of this forum, this one specifically, because the link in this thread to leo4all.uni.cc doesn't work anymore) Leopard wouldn't hanged after the update, and won't boot anymore.

So, I don't have the webcam working, I still can't calibrate, and the OS still hangs when downloading large updates :P ...

AFAIK you can't use the built-in update program from apple. I used the 10.5.3 update from a torrent. go to the bay of pirates and get 10.5.3 Update for AMD Working Then for 10.5.4, get the instructions and updates from the new Leo4All site here: http://forum.leo4all.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=269 I didn't have to type the console commands, just double clicked the package. On the second page of that thread: http://forum.leo4all.com/viewtopic.php?f=1...=a&start=10 he gives you an easy way to install the new kernel and system.kext file. Good luck if you try it!

He Guys!

I am sry to say, that i am out of this project!

As i was not satisfied with the touch tablet itself (i wanted touch with my fingers, not just with the pen).

So i decided to sell my HP (i sold it for the same amount, which i payd 6 months ago) and bought me a new Macbook ;)

Maybe i will be back when Dell launches their multi touchtablet -

The packages are still available to download (and the will be downloadable for some years).

I will visit this thread from time to time, to see if the hp is 100% working!

So, it was nice here and i wish you all the best!

Sucks to see you go, but honestly I don't see this going anywhere. By the way I have a tx2500 now, set up with vista the way I like it. Performance is great.

Btw, dell's multi touch tablet is already out.

AFAIK you can't use the built-in update program from apple. I used the 10.5.3 update from a torrent. go to the bay of pirates and get 10.5.3 Update for AMD Working Then for 10.5.4, get the instructions and updates from the new Leo4All site here: http://forum.leo4all.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=269 I didn't have to type the console commands, just double clicked the package. On the second page of that thread: http://forum.leo4all.com/viewtopic.php?f=1...=a&start=10 he gives you an easy way to install the new kernel and system.kext file. Good luck if you try it!

Well, I love you :P. I could install 10.5.4 following the instructions you put there, thanks :).

Webcam still doesn't work, though :).

Thank you very much!

Edit:

Error, *magically* the webcam now works :P. I really don't know what I did, if I did something... I just updated all the app's in "software update" (except the mac os X 10.5.4 to 10.5.5 of course).

Well, I love you :P. I could install 10.5.4 following the instructions you put there, thanks :).

Webcam still doesn't work, though :angry:.

Thank you very much!

Edit:

Error, *magically* the webcam now works :P. I really don't know what I did, if I did something... I just updated all the app's in "software update" (except the mac os X 10.5.4 to 10.5.5 of course).

Yay! Well it's saddening to see you post saying that you can't get it to work, when I KNOW it can work. I still don't know EXACTLY what makes the webcam work, all I know is once i updated, it did work. It still isn't recognized in the account setup screen or iChat though.

Does anyone know how to keep the mouse cursor from skipping down to the lower right hand corner randomly?? Plugging in a USB mouse usually corrects it for me, but it's done it like 5 times since I (six) started writing this dang post....