HP TX1000Z Tablet Compatibility with Leopard

BlueCopter

979 posts in this topic

I installed leopard like two weeks ago and everything had been running nicely.

a few days ago the camera stoped working (every time i tried to use it, it crashed the program. mebeam.com video conference) it used to work fine before.

And yesterday the wifi card (Broadcom 4321) stopped being recognized. i reinstalled the ACPI fix, but it still doesn't recognize the card.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Should i format and reinstall?

Thanks guys.

Hey guys, I tried forever (read 12 installs) to install leopard with iATKOS and Kalyway before i found this thread. Thanks! I'm still reading the whole thing, but I did a write-up of how to do a dual boot setup on the tx2000 for all the n00bs out there (aka people like me 2 days ago lol)

http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dfbrdmjs_184t2w2f5j

Just for the record I got iATKOS v4a to successfully install and boot just by selecting all the nVidia options on the customize screen, but didn't get wireless. I retried and couldn't boot. when I tried again with the exact same settings, it wouldn't boot lol.

My Tablet specs are as follows:

AMD Turion 64 2.1 Ghz

3GB RAM

250GB HD

Broadcom 4321 wi-fi adapter

NVidia Go graphics acceleration (dunno the exact one)

yeah just replacing leo.uni.cc with leo4all.com didn't work, but here is a link to the thread about those packages:

http://forum.leo4all.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=269

and direct link to the files, copied and pasted from the thread:

10.5.4 amd update (only for amd) This is 10.5.3 to 10.5.4 this is not the combo update

http://rapidshare.com/files/126185242/MacO....4.pkg.zip.html

the new modbin kernel (it can be used for AMD and Intel)

http://www.mediafire.com/?voiwzyo0yn3

also, the first post in this thread has the pcwiz kernel installer and kext helper b7:

http://forum.leo4all.com/viewtopic.php?f=1...=a&start=10

I'm still trying to read through this whole thread! I need to wipe my entire HD and give OSX some more room though, got less than 2GB free on it's partition. Although it runs wonderfully, Windows would be choking with so little free space! I've been really impressed with this OS for the few days I've ran it.

I installed leopard like two weeks ago and everything had been running nicely.

a few days ago the camera stoped working (every time i tried to use it, it crashed the program. mebeam.com video conference) it used to work fine before.

And yesterday the wifi card (Broadcom 4321) stopped being recognized. i reinstalled the ACPI fix, but it still doesn't recognize the card.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Should i format and reinstall?

Thanks guys.

Did anyone ever find a fix for this? I am experiencing the same thing. In fact it stopped working in Vista as well. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, removing and reseating the card itself, nothing has worked.

Did anyone ever find a fix for this? I am experiencing the same thing. In fact it stopped working in Vista as well. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, removing and reseating the card itself, nothing has worked.

I don't know about your cam, but if it's not working in either OS, it's probably broke. That's what I've read before. Anyone else care to sound off on this?

Now about the wireless card, is it still working in vista? What version/distro of OS X are you running?

Ok, does anyone know of an office program that works under our current setups? (leo4allv2 10.5.4 or 10.5.5) I got Microsoft Office 2008 Student and it worked fine on 10.5.2, but now in 10.5.5 everytime I opened word, it just took me to the autoupdater, messed with it for awhile, updated fully, and that's still all it would do. I tried openoffice and it wouldn't go because I don't have X11 installed. It said I needed to install that from my DVD lol. I assume it's not installed because of QE/CI?

So anybody here have a microsoft office compatible program running?

@nevarDeath: unistall office08 reinstall office 08 dont update the end

other news pcwiz has come up with a way to make a custume iso I will soon try to make one spesificly for the tx ill need too read some more on how but I would like to here from u all what i should call it

http://######.com/index.php?option=...7&Itemid=48

read more about the app

Cool thanks, I'll try that after I get my vista backup restored and my MBR fixed lol.

I saw that ISO maker, but don't feel confident enough to give it a shot. I'd suggest you throw tablet in the name or TX, so people attempting this will find it quickly with a google search. or Leo4HP? lolor txOSX?? I kinda like txOSX however obscure it sounds.

Also, I know we're all hoping THIS rumour is true! NVidia Powered macbooks on the way!?

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/mac-news/3730...red-nvidia.html

Make sure you read the first post after the OP too! He talks about how to 'rumour' site is registered to 1 infinite loop in cupertino.....I'm really excited about this. The thing is that this post says macbooks don't have GPU's, so why do we need them so badly?

Hey guys,

Letting you know that we are still here working hard. Honestly, we haven't made much progress in the pass few weeks due to complications. So, we have decided to create a wiki posting all the work we've done in the hopes others will be able to contribute so that we can get this project completed.

Cool thanks, I'll try that after I get my vista backup restored and my MBR fixed lol.

I saw that ISO maker, but don't feel confident enough to give it a shot. I'd suggest you throw tablet in the name or TX, so people attempting this will find it quickly with a google search. or Leo4HP? lolor txOSX?? I kinda like txOSX however obscure it sounds.

Also, I know we're all hoping THIS rumour is true! NVidia Powered macbooks on the way!?

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/mac-news/3730...red-nvidia.html

Make sure you read the first post after the OP too! He talks about how to 'rumour' site is registered to 1 infinite loop in cupertino.....I'm really excited about this. The thing is that this post says macbooks don't have GPU's, so why do we need them so badly?

thanks ill for the feedback need some more though just te get a general idea

how about iTx or 0sTx ("0"=is a zero not an "o") need more ideas keep em comming

we need to hope that these nvidia powered macbooks still have integrated graphics. that way we can try and hack the drivers to get out 6150's up and running. i think they probably will. there would be no point in making the macbooks similar in spec to the macbook pros graphics wise. surely besides the screen that's where the only main difference in hardware lays? and surely it'd be wise to stick with shared graphics memory but to just change from an intel card to an nvidia one. we'll soon see.

Marc

I don't know about your cam, but if it's not working in either OS, it's probably broke. That's what I've read before. Anyone else care to sound off on this?

Now about the wireless card, is it still working in vista? What version/distro of OS X are you running?

Sorry for being vague. I have a tx1220 running Leo4All v4.1 and Vista Home Premium, my wifi has quit working in both operating systems. Everyhting else works fine. A couple of times I have removed the wifi card and reseated it and that seemed to work for a brief while (a couple of hours) but then it loses it again. This method has only worked two times out of about 50. It doesn't even show up in device manager (vista).

Hey, thanks to you all, I already got the Leopard working in a HP tx2032la (Turion 1.9ghzx2, 2GB Ram, 160gb Toshiba HDD, nvidia go 6150, etc.), dualbooting with XP B).

It has a few issues, but well... at least it works SO much better than the one of the first ToH's versions that my desktop had :P.

I'll list here my errors, although I saw some of them already in the thread (not solved though)

-WiFi not working. It sees the device but can't find any network.

-OS crashes when downloading some files (not only, I've found it crashes at other times).

-QE not supported

-Can't calibrate the pencil

-Can't see videos in VLC Player i.e.

-Sleep mode not working.

The webcam works well, sound also works (having downgraded the BIOS of course), in XP and in Leopard. Ethernet ok, touchpad ok, touchscreen ok (although the pen's not calibrated).

Cheers

is there anybody here that is successful in making their hp cam work in tx2000? the blue light turns on but just green screen... :( and I guess American Yellow's team is still working on the QE....Hopefully they will be successful and make us all happy...I have a background on programming but mostly windows environment...not unix, cocoa or mac platform. I wish I had an exposure in mac programming so i can help them with the project....I'll try to learn these new platforms and maybe help a little bit....but I hope that by the time I learn how to do a hello world script that they've already solved our QE problem :)

and also my dvd player keep sayin that "a valid video device could not be found for playback" is this because of QE? anybody knows how to fix this too? thanks in advance!

i have a tx2510us and cant get past the part where you are supposed to slide the power switch after it stops ..this is right after the darwin loader and acpi is found....any ideas on how to get past this? i have used many dvd install discs including leo4all and kalyway, amd efi, etc... please help...thanks!

@Matiaslaporte...which install disc did you use? I used leo4allv2.By the way my specific model is tx2104ca...maybe they used a different type of cam on your model. but let me know which install disc you used and maybe I'll try it thanks :blink: