Intel Wireless 2100, 2200bg, 2915bg, 3945abg, 4965agn

jalavoui

3,411 posts in this topic

iwi4965 rel 948

Still getting the BAD CRC or FIFO errors. Do I need to worry about those?

I see a reference to ADD_STA PASSED, but nothing else showing what or which station id was added.

Didn't see any association.

I will try to reboot, and if I get different result, I will post them.

systemlog_948.txt

post the full system.log

the driver is doing lots of things

if you send me short files i can't understand

here's the bug

iwl4965: U iwl4965_mac_config_interface leave

May 3 15:16:51 erics-mac-pro kernel[0]: scan_complete stabssid=00:1c:f0:40:1c:22

May 3 15:16:51 erics-mac-pro kernel[0]: ieee80211_sta_req_scan

quite easy to hack :o

not shure how it will work...

iwi4965 rel 950

Hello all, I used to test the kext when mlazy had posted the kexts. Now Im trying to figger out for the life of me, how to compile my own kexts. Ive downloaded xcode, and now with devoids and pere's guide, Im at loss to find out which files I need to compile the kexts, how to download the entire file trunk. Guess Im just a dumb noob. Im no stranger to code (c++/java under my belt) Anyone down for helpin me out?

Have come back right now, readed all the last posts, im going to try this for the 3945 timeouts:

tip to try:

ret = HOST_COMPLETE_TIMEOUT/10;

while(test_bit(STATUS_HCMD_ACTIVE, &priv->status)) {

IOSleep(10);

Will post a log in 10 minutes.

Hope there is luck. -_-

Hello all, I used to test the kext when mlazy had posted the kexts. Now Im trying to figger out for the life of me, how to compile my own kexts. Ive downloaded xcode, and now with devoids and pere's guide, Im at loss to find out which files I need to compile the kexts, how to download the entire file trunk. Guess Im just a dumb noob. Im no stranger to code (c++/java under my belt) Anyone down for helpin me out?

If you're under W!ndows, here's some way to download the full thing and keep it up to date (After you'll have to build it under OSX with xcode) :

Take TortoiseSVN... u can get it here then install it.

Now just make a new folder on desktop i.e. and make a right click on it to select "SVN Checkout" then add your iwi* card adress and click OK.

You can find the adress of your 3945 / 4965 on the devoid tuto.

To check new version: just right click on your folder and do "SVN Update" that will download and replace modified files...

open the xcode project file *.xcodeproj then press the build button on the toolbar... it will place the built kext in /your working directory/build/debug/

iwi 3945 ucode bug and timeouts.

Couldnt make it work with the suggested hack.

Searched on internet and this bug has been a pain in the a** for a lot of linux users using hardy release.

I have find someone has release a fix for the ucode errors on 3945, but i dont know how to reach this info:

The upstream bug report mentions the following commits as possibly fixing this bug report:

commit 5c0eef960bdb87a53ba390aab7b069b2bc8d7f6d

tree 7c219792536fc1bfcbdf35ae2741a0621f3ccdea

parent 7878a5a4fcc5002e805c054730c4c5639c9d071d

author Mohamed Abbas Thu, 29 Nov 2007 11:10:14 +0800

committer David S. Miller Mon, 28 Jan 2008 15:05:36 -0800

iwlwifi: fix ucode assertion for RX queue overrun

commit d68ab68066805fdfee1f5f29ec2ec0179fd92fe1

tree 6f457e23a5b44d759050e0039a68c9f8ce66ff18

parent c342a1b91f6ccd317c68defd3b4c7bb75397d967

author Mohamed Abbas Thu, 07 Feb 2008 13:16:33 -0800

committer John W. Linville Fri, 15 Feb 2008 13:44:18

iwlwifi: earlier rx allocation

The link from the main thread is here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/185470.

Also get this info:

They're currently working on packaging an updated driver which has a real fix for this problem and it will be available through the linux-backports-modules package. The Network Manager fix is strictly a workaround for the driver because the driver doesn't support SCAN_CAPA. The newer driver does however and also includes a fix for the LED light.

What can we do for help, Javalui?.

Thanks myself108 and x4hu. My issue now is every time I try to build the kext I get 27 warnings and then an error that the build has failed. Any ideas? Im off to comb this thread for anyone else having that problem

Thanks myself108 and x4hu. My issue now is every time I try to build the kext I get 27 warnings and then an error that the build has failed. Any ideas? Im off to comb this thread for anyone else having that problem

check to see what the error is... someone else had an one error earlier today it was because the script run to load the kext failed because it needed a password, but the build still worked... check to see if the kext is in the /svn source directory/build/debug if it is then load it manually... dont worry about the warnings, it will still build with warnings, the current 4965 builds with more than 400