[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

"* If you have problems in installation with the message "Mac OS X can't be installed on this computer", replace the file "OSInstall" in the folder System/Installation/Packages by this...

zip.gif OSInstall.zip ( 654.04K ) Number of downloads: 10258"

btw Midnightman pms me with

"Yahhoooo Lion 10.7.2 !!!!!!

THANK UUUUUUU !!!!

U are my hero )))))

Thank you very much !!!

Now i need some sleep and then i'll be able to write about my adventures ))"

so i guess hes working in 10.7.2 ...er sleeping

Haha, i can't wait to thank you :D

yeah i already applied that package, and it didn't do the trick at all ;)

I'm still getting the same error.

I used the guide from Madl0n , made sure i formatted using GPT and put the patch you mentioned. i put all the files you mentioned in their exact location. and it keeps telling me when i go into the install " this version of mac can't be installed on this computer" and gives me the option to either restart or restore from backup.

Funny thing is before i put the kexts and DSDT it would be fine (most of the time) and crash somwhere through the install itself. confusing

I'm still getting the same error.

I used the guide from Madl0n , made sure i formatted using GPT and put the patch you mentioned. i put all the files you mentioned in their exact location. and it keeps telling me when i go into the install " this version of mac can't be installed on this computer" and gives me the option to either restart or restore from backup.

Funny thing is before i put the kexts and DSDT it would be fine (most of the time) and crash somwhere through the install itself. confusing

what kexts ?

I put in FakeSMC in one copy

I also tried putting in another time :

FakeSMC

NVClockX

IntelCPUMonitor

VoodooBattery.kext

VoodooPS2Controller

EvoReboot.kext: Reboot fix

all produce the same message in the lion installer

Remove the PlatformSupport.plist from the /System/Library/CoreServices directory.

cd /Volumes/[---]/System/Library/CoreServices/ rm –rf PlatformSupport.plist

i recently upgrade 10.7.2 from 10.7 install on my dell xps m1530 using multbeast... thing is that everything boots fine and i don't get kernel panic but... trackpad and keyboard don't work...i try using a external keyboard and mouse and nothing seems to work... i know the USB ports are working because when i insert a USB drive it shows up on the desktop.

please help me

thanks in advanced

Hereby i sent you the requested Extra folder which i'm using

i recently upgrade 10.7.2 from 10.7 install on my dell xps m1530 using multbeast... thing is that everything boots fine and i don't get kernel panic but... trackpad and keyboard don't work...i try using a external keyboard and mouse and nothing seems to work... i know the USB ports are working because when i insert a USB drive it shows up on the desktop.

please help me

thanks in advanced

extra.zip

If your VoodooPS2Controller.kext is in the /Extra/Extensions directory, relocate it to the /System/Library/Extensions directory and fix permissions.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering if you all have sleep in 10.7.2? I've followed the last ten pages or so of this thread..

Install 10.7 and using the 'lionstuff' pack sleep is good. Update to 10.7.2 and suffer the black screen, then need to use luggi's modified DSDT to be able to boot. All good but no sleep :(

I've done this twice, once messing with loads of different options and then one clean install 10.7, latest Chameleon, latest DSDT and the lionstuff kexts, 10.7.2 update and its always black screen or no sleep :(

M1530/8600GTM

MB5.1 in smbios, graphics injection on, luggi's DSDT.

Thanks!

I'm wondering if you all have sleep in 10.7.2? I've followed the last ten pages or so of this thread..

Install 10.7 and using the 'lionstuff' pack sleep is good. Update to 10.7.2 and suffer the black screen, then need to use luggi's modified DSDT to be able to boot. All good but no sleep :weight_lift:

I've done this twice, once messing with loads of different options and then one clean install 10.7, latest Chameleon, latest DSDT and the lionstuff kexts, 10.7.2 update and its always black screen or no sleep :D

M1530/8600GTM

Thanks!

There is no known solution for the CMOS chip reset upon sleep invocation as the binary patch to the AppleRTC.kext fails to fully resolve this issue in our systems.

CMOS Resets on Restarts after Sleep and Wake in 10.7 (Lion),

BIOS reports CMOS Checksum Error on Startups after Sleep and Wake

Here is the active and regularly updated thread in which you will find the answers to your M1530 questions:

[GUIDE] Making a DSDT.aml for Dell XPS M1330, XPS M1530, and XPS M1730

The 10.7.2 update black screen upon boot up NVidia issue is fully resolved by the Chameleon's native graphics injection. Simply use this graphics injection free DSDT.aml along with the GraphicsEnabler=Yes in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

DSDT_M1530_NVIDIA_ANYCPU_20111029.zip

Here are all the current kexts, DSDT, smbios and boot plists for our rigs:

System_Library_Extensions.zip

Extra.zip

• 3 weeks later...
wow how many kexts....I only use those for touchpad for two fingers scrolling, fake with sensors,one for the battery, voodoo hda...well now I don't remember exactly, at this time... but can you explain why you use everyone of these? thank you

I do NOT use every one of these kexts. They are merely all the kexts that one may possibly require to install, boot and operate the OS X Lion on our hardware. Only the FakeSMC.kext without the plugins is actually required.

• 4 weeks later...

Install 10.7 and using the 'lionstuff' pack sleep is good. Update to 10.7.2 and suffer the black screen, then need to use luggi's modified DSDT to be able to boot. All good but no sleep :(

I've done this twice, once messing with loads of different options and then one clean install 10.7, latest Chameleon, latest DSDT and the lionstuff kexts, 10.7.2 update and its always black screen or no sleep :(

M1530/8600GTM

Thanks!

Magsy, I don't know if you're still trying to get sleep to work. The first thing I would do with a black screen on wake is check the system's hibernate mode. To do this, enter the following command in Terminal to see whether hibernate is set to 0:

pmset -g | grep hibernatemode

If your hibernate mode is not set to zero, set it by entering this command:

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

Restart (although not really necessary since the change should take effect immediately). Check if sleep works. Otherwise following DarwinX's suggestion to roll back AppleACPIPlatform.kext. It worked for me. See here for that solution:

http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1778458

• 2 weeks later...

Mysteriously my Apple-ID was deactivated and I can't login to iCloud from my Hackintosh anymore. All the Problems started after I borght iTunes Match a while ago (my Apple-ID worked approx. since yesterday) iTunes won't let me add my Apple-ID or activate Music/Book/App Sync. It always say that a Apple-ID was Activated with this Mac and can't change it for 90 Days. Could that be a Problem with the Serialnumber of the OS X in my smbios.plist or with my Hardware-UUID?

I would love to get some help.

Could Apple have detected that I am running on an Hackintosh with my Apple-ID and now close my Account forever? That would be bad because I have spend approx. 400€ on Apps and Music.

• 6 months later...

i'm trying to boot ML on my Inspiron 1720 ( T7700 / 4GB / 8600M GT )

i tried both scenario from here

i used dsdt and smbios.plist from 10.7.2

i tried to boot with npci=0x2000, GraphicEnabled=Yes and without dsdt

but no luck.

i pass [PCI config Begin…], my wifi and NTFS partions are recognized and then osx stucks with no errors or KP.

what i'm missing?

• 3 weeks later...

Installing ML on XPS M1330/M1530 Rough Guide

This guide is intended to give you a starting point into installing ML. It is not a step by step guide. If someone would like to write a step by step guide using these rough guidelines please feel free.

Follow this guide up to and including 2B:

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=280756

The guide is mostly applicable beyond 2B so you should probably read all of it for details on how to do the steps below.

Once you have the USB key, you can hack it just like any other install. I used Ermac's most recent Chameleon installer to install Chameleon to the USB drive, used Champlist to produce an SMBios.plist for MacBook5,2 with serial, and used ChampList to install the appropriate kexts to the USB drive and rebuild the caches. Use the kexts suggested on the first post of the DSDT thread (in my sig) along with AppleACPIPlatform.kext 1.3.5 (or 1.3.6 apparently works), the latest FakeSMC that DarwinX posted in the DSDT thread, and AppleHDADisabler.kext recently re-posted by DarwinX in the DSDT thread. Install everything in /System/Library/Extensions as a number of the extensions won't work in /Extra/Extensions. And use the latest DSDT on the first page on the DSDT thread.

Once the USB key is working on your machine, after you do the install, you can boot off the USB drive using single user mode to apply the same patches to the freshly installed system.

If you have a working install that you are upgrading, all the hacks mentioned are backwards compatible so you can update your existing hack as a test to get everything working. Upgrading an existing installation from the USB key does work. You just have to replace the new AppleACPIPlatform.kext with the rolled back one.

Immo

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I followed your guide and it worked great, thanks for that!

So for, I only encountered 3 problems:

(1) sleep does not work. The screen goes black, but the fans keep running. It's not possible to wake up from sleep, either, though. Hibernatemode is 0, and I also disabled "Wake for ethernet network access" as you suggested.

(2) I get KPs every time go to About this Mac -> More info.... This also happens when I start iStat Menus.

(3) Restart does not seem to work.

Here is a list of the kexts I added to /S/L/E (+AppleACPIPlatform from SL):

post-309091-0-34971800-1346356275_thumb.png

Most of the kexts are from DarwinXs 10.7.4 package. FakeSMC is the one you suggested.

Is any of these kexts unnecessary or causing any of the issues listed above? Or are any fundamental kexts missing?

Thanks for any replies :)

Edit:

(2) I was able to isolate this issue to the GPU. Opening System Information directly works, but clicking on "Graphics/Displays" causes the KP (everything else works fine). Deleting NVClockX.kext did NOT solve the problem, but I guess it didn't hurt either.

I followed your guide and it worked great, thanks for that!

So for, I only encountered 3 problems:

(1) sleep does not work. The screen goes black, but the fans keep running. It's not possible to wake up from sleep, either, though. Hibernatemode is 0, and I also disabled "Wake for ethernet network access" as you suggested.

(2) I get KPs every time go to About this Mac -> More info.... This also happens when I start iStat Menus.

(3) Restart does not seem to work.

Here is a list of the kexts I added to /S/L/E (+AppleACPIPlatform from SL):

post-309091-0-34971800-1346356275_thumb.png

Most of the kexts are from DarwinXs 10.7.4 package. FakeSMC is the one you suggested.

Is any of these kexts unnecessary or causing any of the issues listed above? Or are any fundamental kexts missing?

Thanks for any replies :)

Edit:

(2) I was able to isolate this issue to the GPU. Opening System Information directly works, but clicking on "Graphics/Displays" causes the KP (everything else works fine). Deleting NVClockX.kext did NOT solve the problem, but I guess it didn't hurt either.

It looks like you installed the FakeSMC plugins (IntelCPUMonitor, NVClockX, NSCP8739x) in System/Library/Extensions instead of within the Plugins folder of FakeSMC.kext. DarwinX posted FakeSMC with the plugin kexts in the correct location within FakeSMC.kext here:

http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1841419

I wonder if it's even possible that you have those plugin kexts in both locations. Might be worth checking out. Use Champlist to install them and to rebuild the caches to make sure the permissions are correct.

Immo

It looks like you installed the FakeSMC plugins (IntelCPUMonitor, NVClockX, NSCP8739x) in System/Library/Extensions instead of within the Plugins folder of FakeSMC.kext. DarwinX posted FakeSMC with the plugin kexts in the correct location within FakeSMC.kext here:

http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1841419

I wonder if it's even possible that you have those plugin kexts in both locations. Might be worth checking out. Use Champlist to install them and to rebuild the caches to make sure the permissions are correct.

Immo

Yes, they were installed in both places. I figured that out when I was digging through those kexts some days ago and deleted them from /S/L/E, so now they are just inside FakeSMC.kext. I also made sure to reinstall exactly that version of FakeSMC and rebuilt the caches, but I'm still able to trigger KPs like before.

I also tried installing them in both places, but - as expected - no dice.

Disabling GraphicsEnabler in Chameleon did not help, either. Oh well, if it works for you, there must be something wrong on my end. I even switched my IOPCIFamily.kext back to the original, but of course, that didn't help either.

Can you put the details of your computer in your sig? M1330 and M1530 are very similar but not the same, and mine is an M1330. Also, do you have an external monitor attached? If so, try disconnecting it.

Immo

I recall someone having the same problem and posted about it in the DSDT thread within the past few months. I can't remember if it was resolved or not. Might be worth digging up. I don't have any more ideas myself.

Immo

• 4 months later...