[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

How about this, PM me your e-mail address, and I will share all of my current OS X files via the Dropbox with the interested parties? You will also continue to have access to my Dropbox OS X Folder as long as you wish. I continuously update said folder with the latest OS X developments as their pertain to our systems. As our systems are similar, the files that we require to run our systems optimally are also similar, so why go in circles and second guess where we could simply share? You will also have the write access to my OS X Dropbox folder, I only ask that you prudently utilize that privilege as others depend on those files as well.

That's a great idea! thanks for your help

I already sent you a PM :(

I would appreciate this too. There have to be some mistakes in the next i am using.

Thank you for the great help.

luggi

[Edit]

Rolling back the kext doesn't solve the Problem either. I have to roll those kext back every time before I can boot to a "working" screen.

I suspect that the video graphics section of your current DSDT.aml is the issue here. Remove it and retain the Chameleon graphics injection or simply use my latest DSDT.aml or the one found at the bottom of the first post of this thread:

[GUIDE] Making a DSDT.aml for Dell XPS M1330, XPS M1530, and XPS M1730

Direct download: DSDT_M1530_NVIDIA_ANYCPU_20110720.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

Also, ensure that you are using the latest Chameleon v2.1svn r1620.

im fine so far with enabler after rv11xx or 2.1. but im staying in 10.6.8 mostly, sometimes i fiddle with lion but the wake issue bugs me (maybe low power wake disable?)im going to try older dsdts with pci uid fix for lion

and smbios.plist needs macbookpro6,1 or macbook5,1 with proper identifier id.. and serial

WARNING - ACPI_SMC_CtrlLoop::initCPUCtrlLoop - no sub-config match for MacBookPro4,1 with 17 p-states, using default stepper instead

this means u have no /Extra/smbios.plist with MacBook5,1 .. so it defaults to pro 4,1 which wont work wireless.

I've changed my smbios:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
 <plist version="1.0">
 <dict>
 <key>SMbiosvendor</key>
 <string>Apple Computer, Inc.</string>
 <key>SMbiosversion</key>
 <string>MP31.88Z.00C1.B00.080209154</string>
 <key>SMmanufacter</key>
 <key>SMproductname</key>
 <string>MacBook5,1</string>
 <key>SMsystemversion</key>
 <string>1.0</string>
 <key>SMserial</key>
 <string>G87421B908S</string>
 <key>SMfamily</key>
 <string>macpro</string>
 <key>SMboardmanufacter</key>
 <key>SMboardproduct</key>
 <string>Mac-F4208DC8</string>
 <key>SMbustype</key>
 <string>0105</string>
 <key>SMmemtype</key>
 <string>19</string>
 <key>SMmemspeed</key>
 <string>890</string>
 <key>SMmemmanufacter_1</key>
 <string>Gskill</string>
 <key>SMmemmanufacter_3</key>
 <string>Gskill</string>
 <key>SMmempart_1</key>
 <string>N800C5</string>
 <key>SMmempart_3</key>
 <string>N800C5</string>
 <key>SMmemserial_1</key>
 <string>X356767I</string>
 <key>SMmemserial_3</key>
 <string>F83FJ367</string>
 <key>SMUUID</key>
 <string>93953512-41E4-377D-8A05-1A6106303001</string>

</dict>
</plist>

There is no ACPI_SMC_CtrlLoop::initCPUCtrlLoop warning any more, but the boot process still stops

http://pastebin.com/zZ0i4aS0

non matching devices

<key>SMbiosversion</key>
 <string>MP31.88Z.00C1.B00.080209154</string>
 <key>SMproductname</key>
 <string>MacBook5,1</string>
 <key>SMfamily</key>
 <string>macpro</string>
 <string>Mac-F4208DC8</string>

find elnic dsdt he has 1720. however 1720 and 1520 are similar if not the same dsdt. (my dsdt has an issue and im about to reverse to older perfect working one)

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMbiosdate</key>
<string>07/26/10</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MBP61.88Z.0057.B0C.1007261552</string>
<string>Mac-F22589C8</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacBook Pro</string>
<key>SMmanufacturer</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacBookPro6,1</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>SOMESRLNMBR</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Hi Guys,

I've created the lion USB from the guides available on the site, edited the settings in the BIOS to AHCI, and put my lion USB to install.

Now here is the part that is driving me crazy, sometimes it goes well all the way to the installer but gets stuck in random places when its installing.

sometimes the usb is stuck while booting into the installer, again in various places.

Am i missing something here? I've been working on this for the past day non stop.

My Laptop :

M1530 2.13 Ghz core 2 duo

2 GB Ram

Nvidia 8600 GT

Hardware formatted using GUID

SATA set to AHCI

Hi Guys,

I've created the lion USB from the guides available on the site, edited the settings in the BIOS to AHCI, and put my lion USB to install.

Now here is the part that is driving me crazy, sometimes it goes well all the way to the installer but gets stuck in random places when its installing.

sometimes the usb is stuck while booting into the installer, again in various places.

Am i missing something here? I've been working on this for the past day non stop.

My Laptop :

2 GB Ram

Nvidia 8600 GT

SATA set to AHCI

im thinking smbios.plist .. or UseKernelCache=Yes

Hi Guys,

My Laptop :

2 GB Ram

Nvidia 8600 GT

SATA set to AHCI

Which DSDT.aml are you using? Does it have the PCI Configuration Error fix?

smbios.plist:

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMbiosdate</key>
<string>07/26/10</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MBP61.88Z.0057.B0C.1007261552</string>
<string>Mac-F22589C8</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacBook Pro</string>
<key>SMmanufacturer</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacBookPro6,1</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>SOMESRLNMBR</string>
</dict>
</plist>

DSDT: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1706075

LOG: http://pastebin.com/2cBtkTHY

DSDT: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1718850

LOG: http://pastebin.com/yHQZ6fmk

Hi!

My hardware:

Dell Inspiron 1720

C2D T7700 @ 2.40 GHz

4GB RAM

GeForce 8600m gt

BIOS - A09

I'm trying to boot Lion 10.7 from external hdd

Try moving all your kexts from the /Extra/Extensions directory to the /System/Library/Extensions directory and adding UseKernelCache=Yes to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

im thinking smbios.plist .. or UseKernelCache=Yes

Tried UseKernalCache=Yes when booting and it frooze at :

System uptime in nanoseconds:15414423078

Could you elaborate more on smbios.plist Latin?

Which DSDT.aml are you using? Does it have the PCI Configuration Error fix?

i thought the DSDT is done post installation. could you point me in the right direction Darwin?

Tried UseKernalCache=Yes when booting and it frooze at :

System uptime in nanoseconds:15414423078

Could you elaborate more on smbios.plist Latin?

i thought the DSDT is done post installation. could you point me in the right direction Darwin?

You also need the DSDT.aml to actually utilize the Mac OS X Lion installation app.

The DSDT.aml is at the bottom of the first post of that thread. Use the one that corresponds to your system. Ensure to include the latest NVidia DSDT patch for the 10.7.2 unless you use the Chameleon's GraphicsEnabler=Yes argument in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist in which case simply remove the NVidia graphics injection from your DSDT.aml

You also need the DSDT.aml to actually utilize the Mac OS X Lion installation app.

The DSDT.aml is at the bottom of the first post of that thread. Use the one that corresponds to your system. Ensure to include the latest NVidia DSDT patch for the 10.7.2 unless you use the Chameleon's GraphicsEnabler=Yes argument in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist in which case simply remove the NVidia graphics injection from your DSDT.aml

sorry if i sound like such a noob but I'm a bit confused on how to inject the dsdt file after i've edited it as i know this is done post install with bootable copy of lion installed . my dell m1530 currently drive has no OS X installed in it.

sorry if i sound like such a noob but I'm a bit confused on how to inject the dsdt file after i've edited it as i know this is done post install with bootable copy of lion installed . my dell m1530 currently drive has no OS X installed in it.

make a usb installer. then install chamelon2.1 on it. then install /Extra/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext to it and /Extra/dsdt.aml and /Extra/smbios.plist and

/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist (make it if not found fromold rename com.apple.boot.plist)

now the usb should boot to install.

if you add the Acpips2nub (in my signature) to it the keyboard works. not the mouse (at least not in m1330 or inspiron 1520 synaptics.. so u need a usb mouse for install)

until it finishes and u install it to /System/Library/Extensions (then the touchpad works... synaptics)

i tried to install 10.7.2 combo update, but i get KP ((

can i use DSDT for 10.7.0 to run 10.7.2 ? do i need to rollback any kexts ?

helps if u post kernel panic details

(uncharted waters for me as i have not tried 10.7.2)worked fine with no special boot args.

i see already loaded different version of IOPCIFamily..did u mix them up with someones "fix" ?

with dsdt the Device (PCI0) _UID, Zero it should load without replacing older versions..

try -v -x UseKernelCache=No then try to do the update.

(dont have alot of kexts in /Extra, sometimes this is part of issue with lion)

Nice MacBookPro4,1 in bottom :) thats the problem use MacBook(notPro)5,1 or MacBookPro6,1

make a usb installer. then install chamelon2.1 on it. then install /Extra/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext to it and /Extra/dsdt.aml and /Extra/smbios.plist and /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

now the usb should boot to install.

if you add the Acpips2nub (in my signature) to it the keyboard works. not the mouse (at least not in m1330 or inspiron 1520 synaptics.. so u need a usb mouse for install)

until it finishes and u install it to /System/Library/Extensions (then the touchpad works... synaptics)

Ok Followed your instructions. though i can't seem to find org.chameleon.Boot.plist and when i boot the usb it goes into setup and then tell me "this copy of mac can't be installed on this machine"

should i do some edits to the DSDT files i got the link darwin gave me?

Ok Followed your instructions. though i can't seem to find org.chameleon.Boot.plist and when i boot the usb it goes into setup and then tell me "this copy of mac can't be installed on this machine"

should i do some edits to the DSDT files i got the link darwin gave me?

the dsdt should work fine.

the org.chameleon.. thats supposed to be made by chameleon installer.

if its not there.. grab an old (prior to name convention change 2.0 RC5 svn 102X)org.apple.boot.plist

and rename it.

is this for lion or snow ? lion u have to replace files on the usb like mach_kernel and BaseSystem...AND OSInstall (next post bellow of mine). (maldon has a guide that worked fine for me)

the dsdt should work fine.

the org.chameleon.. thats supposed to be made by chameleon installer.

if its not there.. grab an old (prior to name convention change 2.0 RC5 svn 102X)org.apple.boot.plist

and rename it.

is this for lion or snow ? lion u have to replace files on the usb like mach_kernel and BaseSystem.... (maldon has a guide that worked fine for me)

I used the latest version out there. it didn't create a org.chameleon.. file in the extras folder!

Do you mean this guide? http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=256729

thats the guide i'm using for the usb.

I'll give the version of chameleon you mentioned and let you know how it goes.

I used the latest version out there. it didn't create a org.chameleon.. file in the extras folder!

Do you mean this guide? http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=256729

thats the guide i'm using for the usb.

I'll give the version of chameleon you mentioned and let you know how it goes.

"* If you have problems in installation with the message "Mac OS X can't be installed on this computer", replace the file "OSInstall" in the folder System/Installation/Packages by this...

zip.gif OSInstall.zip ( 654.04K ) Number of downloads: 10258"

btw Midnightman pms me with

"Yahhoooo Lion 10.7.2 !!!!!!

THANK UUUUUUU !!!!

U are my hero )))))

Thank you very much !!!

Now i need some sleep and then i'll be able to write about my adventures ))"

so i guess hes working in 10.7.2 ...er sleeping