Working codec dump for alc662?

grendelkhan

19 posts in this topic

Does anyone have a working codec dump or install pkg for this? It worked out of the box under iATKOS for me, but I just loaded Kalyway and it's no joy. I did a dump from a linux boot and while it gives me the icon for the speaker, the volume doesn't work and I get no output when I play anything.

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone have a working codec dump or install pkg for this? It worked out of the box under iATKOS for me, but I just loaded Kalyway and it's no joy. I did a dump from a linux boot and while it gives me the icon for the speaker, the volume doesn't work and I get no output when I play anything.

Here's mine.Worked fine for me on Asus p5ld2-x/1333 using the same sound card.

Use this with Taruga Patcher v1.20

alc662.txt

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This worked for me as well! I'm extremely thankful for finding this and having it work correctly.

Now my only problem is no matter what I do, I can't change any permissions because it always tells me I have invalid permission to do this or that.

Here's mine.Worked fine for me on Asus p5ld2-x/1333 using the same sound card.Use this with Taruga Patcher v1.20
can you use your headphone jack though?helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Not working here. Trying on an Asus P5KPL (ALC662) - used Taruga's Patcher 1.20 and the ALC662 codec previded here by limneos - everything recognized, everything shows in system preferences and Audio MIDI Setup, but can't change volume setting and I hear no actual audio at all. Any ideas?

EDIT: working with the "generic" output-only AppleAzalia from Kakyway 10.5.1 DVD. But that's output only, of course.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there,

i've got the Gigabyte GA-73VM-S2 motherboard with onboard ALC662.

Can't get this to work at all using all sorts of methods like AppleAzalia, Taruga's Patcher 1.19 - 1.20 with my audio codec dump.

I've made the dump in Ubuntu 8.04, I also attach it to this post if someone can help me in some way.

Thank you.

dump.txt

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, here's my Codec Dump done with openSUSE 11 from my Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2C, I don't kwow if it works with other 662s. ALC662_GA_945GCM_S2C.txt

post-100500-1217981565_thumb.pngpost-100500-1217980723_thumb.png

Also here's my AppleHDA (Taruga's patch 1.20) edited to get audio volume control working, but, lost mute, you need HDAEnabler (included). GA_945GCM_S2C_HDA.zip

Microphone and Line In working.

I hope it works for you.

OcciJano

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...