Anywhere you can buy Vista cheap LEGALLY?

12 posts in this topic

Whats the cheapest way to get a LEGAL vista license? The cheapest that vista ultimate is going for on ebay is $170. And theres an upgrade disc for $43. Whats the cheapest method to get a full version/upgrade disc with a legal license?

You can buy an Upgrade to Windows Vista DVD. Use that to do a clean install (it would say that the serial key wouldn't work for the clean install, but continue reading this sentence), then after it has finished installing, pop in the DVD again and "Upgrade" itself (As in, upgrade to vista from vista :(); then, the key would work, and, furthermore, since it is technically an upgrade, it is legal. The upgrade DVD is way cheaper than the OEM or retail one.

You can buy an Upgrade to Windows Vista DVD. Use that to do a clean install (it would say that the serial key wouldn't work for the clean install, but continue reading this sentence), then after it has finished installing, pop in the DVD again and "Upgrade" itself (As in, upgrade to vista from vista :D ); then, the key would work, and, furthermore, since it is technically an upgrade, it is legal. The upgrade DVD is way cheaper than the OEM or retail one.

I like the way you think :D I'm gonna see if I can find an Upgrade copy of ultimate or home premium for cheap. Lol I just found a Home Basic upgrade disc for $0.98 cents on eBay :D And theres a Home Premium upgrade disc for $31 and the price of the Ultimate upgrade disc has been upped to $51.

Price of upgrade disc != price of legal license, which is what you want.

MS offers Employee discounts and don't forget college students get huge discounts through their schools.

As long as its not an educational version, it is a full copy and there is no difference, so have one of your friends in college buy it for you, and then you buy it off them.

If you get an upgrade disc with a valid serial, it's completely legal. MS has even said the upgrade to clean install is perfectly legit. You just have to make sure that those discs you get from ebay have a valid, working serial.