Not much on 10.4.4 from anyone? WHY?

slicemaster101

43 posts in this topic

Yea, watermarking is one thing (i also believe this is 100% BS), but seeding is another.

i don't know how many people are in the alt.binaries.

I don't know the shipping date of Intel Macs in Russia but err ... :angry: that could be a possible

timeline.

Edited by xtraa

I..have..to...be...careful not to use wrong words here. :)

It is that simple:

As long as there is no 10.4.4, there will be no Vista for Mactel. Simply because the people that could handle

EFI don't want an IntelMac. :)

But I think everybody knows that. Some are maybe just afaid about what could happen, if they would be

caught seeding it. Just a few even knows what a bouncer or proxy is. We have to resepect that, not

everybody is 'scene' if you know what I mean. So lets just give a litte time for all, to disover their new

macs.

Also think about seeders and leechers, there are always less people on the important side.

The likelihood of apple coming after anyone is no more likely then it was when people were leaking and distributing the previous versions of OS X x86. Therefore the argument seems irrational to me, although I suppose the fear of getting caught could intimate the inexperienced among us, although it is not the inexperienced that are leaking and cracking these releases so that also puts that theory into the realm of… lets say, somewhere in-between not likely to simple impossibility.

Slice

The likelihood of apple coming after anyone is no more likely then it was when people were leaking and distributing the previous versions of OS X x86. Therefore the argument seems irrational to me, although I suppose the fear of getting caught could intimate the inexperienced among us, although it is not the inexperienced that are leaking and cracking these releases so that also puts that theory into the realm of… lets say, somewhere in-between not likely to simple impossibility.

Slice

The difference is that 10.4.4 is no developer version and that means = no developer connection. And the

developer connection was the only source in the past. also there are only a few people, that I would call

"experienced" plus "active" and I don't know one of them with an IntelMac.

Edited by xtraa

Cost of hardware bogging down, maybe? IIRC, iLife '06, as soon as it hit the shelves, went straight from the shelves to the torrents in, what, 2 days? Some people bought the thing, $79 a pop, and just leased it into the underworld. Now we have iMac, and they go for $1299 minimum.

Yea, watermarking is one thing (i also believe this is 100% BS), but seeding is another.

i don't know how many people are in the alt.binaries.

I don't know the shipping date of Intel Macs in Russia but err ... :D that could be a possible

timeline.

In Russia we will get it on April. There are no problems to share DVD on torrents :D.

Hey, people:

10.4.4 is available as an "update" at the Mac OS X software link in the "apple button" on your Mac OS. But, man, I couldn't run it. It won't run in a 10.4.3 x86 installation, I think.

That's only for PPC, non-Developer version of Tiger.

Well, the right people definitely have it at this point, but there's still A LOT of work to be done on it. Stuff like getting the EFI ROM contents is important, and to get that we need to accomplish other stuff that's a bit hard at the moment.

If thats the case I am fine with it :poster_oops: It is better to let them

work on a solution first, before we have 10 releases flying

around in the wild :)

A little info would be nice of course, but otherwise maybe they

just want to surprise us :D

I also tryed to "update" my 10.4.3, and I got a "your version is up-to-date" (but I'm pretty sure it isn't).

Well, I thought 10.4.4 update was only for PPC. I suppose the new x86 macs come with 10.4.4. BTW, I don't know if it is possible to install 10.4.4 on a regular x86 PC. I have a friend that works in an Apple Store in Barcelona, so I will try to get one (mwahahaha).

I also tryed to "update" my 10.4.3, and I got a "your version is up-to-date" (but I'm pretty sure it isn't).

Well, I thought 10.4.4 update was only for PPC. I suppose the new x86 macs come with 10.4.4. BTW, I don't know if it is possible to install 10.4.4 on a regular x86 PC. I have a friend that works in an Apple Store in Barcelona, so I will try to get one (mwahahaha).

Basdala,

You are correct, the new machines ship with 10.4.4. There is no downloadable update from Apple to bring you up to 10.4.4 for Intel.

On another quick note, I notice a lot of people here mention friends working in Apple Stores. You know I don't know what the staffing levels are at these stores, but if you think folks from Apple don't read these forums, you are most likely dead wrong. Singling out a specific store is just going to get the higher ups at Apple really watching those stores. Please for your friends' job safety, do not mention the stores they work in.

Just my 2 cents...