Is the Apple Tablet Real?

Numberzz

10 posts in this topic

Well, for one thing, Asus claims that they are helping Apple build one. AppleInsider has been reporting that the Tablet is real since this last February. But is it real? Most are expecting it to be released at MacWorld this coming January. But what will the Tablet look like and what specs will it have? Some say that it will be thin, have a 13.3 inch screen, have a solid state hard drive, and maybe no optical drive. And of course it will have a great battery life, something that all companies struggle with. Most, if not all tablets are expensive, above the $2000 range. But, if Apple were to release a sub notebook below $2000, they might have a winning product.

subnotebook_table.jpg

The Tablet Competition

Full Story

I think that the iPod touch is essentially Apple's way of testing the tablet PC waters, it sports a micro version of OS X, a virtual keyboard, a multi-touch screen, wifi, decent battery and processor...

It's definitely only a matter of time before it upscales. I can only hope for an Apple Multi-touch Tablet (MacTouch or MacTab anyone?) soon, it's why I am holding out in deciding if I want an actual MacBook or this (if ever produced).

Hmm theres definatly something in the works but dosent it seem unlikely that tablet rumors and subnotebook rumors will prove real? I imagine it is one device causing these rumors, one which has elements of both. I personally hope it is a sub notebook however I expect that despite the smaller size and lower specs it would cost more than the entry level macbook, maybe a lot more!

TabletPC's aren't expensive, numberz.

I picked up my tabletPC last month for a few bucks short of $1000 from BestBuy.

He meant ones that are for grown ups :D

I personally would never want or probably need to buy a tablet pc. What however I would love is a touch screen mac coming about. Can you imagine a 24" iMac-Touch where you use the screen for the odd things like moving a window or closing a window without having to reach for the mouse.

He meant ones that are for grown ups :)

I personally would never want or probably need to buy a tablet pc. What however I would love is a touch screen mac coming about. Can you imagine a 24" iMac-Touch where you use the screen for the odd things like moving a window or closing a window without having to reach for the mouse.

I'd rather reach for the mouse beside the keyboard than reach up at the screen.