Leopard AMD Flat Image

MacDaddyIRC

141 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

The line "./patcher cupid.txt" didn't work for me. Well, actually "./patcher cpuid.txt", since that is what it should have meant, right?

I get this error:

bash: ./patcher: Bad executable (or shared library)

How do I fix this? Is it really needed? Thanks!

By the way, I run tiger in VMWare if it makes any difference.... Cheers!

Hi Guys,

The line "./patcher cupid.txt" didn't work for me. Well, actually "./patcher cpuid.txt", since that is what it should have meant, right?

I get this error:

bash: ./patcher: Bad executable (or shared library)

How do I fix this? Is it really needed? Thanks!

By the way, I run tiger in VMWare if it makes any difference.... Cheers!

never seen that befor are you doing it is root ? eg sudo -s or sudo ./patcher cupid.txt

never seen that befor are you doing it is root ? eg sudo -s or sudo ./patcher cupid.txt

Yes, I did a sudo -s before this command. I am definately root. And the ./replace.sh command did work, but that is a simple shell.

Could it perhaps have something to do with the fact that the tiger image that I run in VMWare is the intel version, and that the patcher binary is for AMD? I think that would be strange...

Additional info:

- Host OS: Ubuntu 7.10 AMD64 (I have a 3200+ CPU, 939)

- Using the VMWare tiger flat image (thus intel)

- Added the Leopard flat image as an extra HD. (converted the raw image to vmdk using QEMU)

- I had to reset the root password as I didn't have it for the tiger flat image for VMWare. I dit this after booting in single user mode:

mount -uw /

cd /private/var/db/netinfo

mv local.nidb local.old

rm ../.AppleSetupDone

exit

I don' t suppose that deleted extra libraries.... ?

TIA for any info. Cheers!

Yes, I did a sudo -s before this command. I am definately root. And the ./replace.sh command did work, but that is a simple shell.

Could it perhaps have something to do with the fact that the tiger image that I run in VMWare is the intel version, and that the patcher binary is for AMD? I think that would be strange...

Additional info:

- Host OS: Ubuntu 7.10 AMD64 (I have a 3200+ CPU, 939)

- Using the VMWare tiger flat image (thus intel)

- Added the Leopard flat image as an extra HD. (converted the raw image to vmdk using QEMU)

- I had to reset the root password as I didn't have it for the tiger flat image for VMWare. I dit this after booting in single user mode:

mount -uw /

cd /private/var/db/netinfo

mv local.nidb local.old

rm ../.AppleSetupDone

exit

I don' t suppose that deleted extra libraries.... ?

TIA for any info. Cheers!

Opps Typo dident see ./patcher cupid.txt Should Be ./patcher cpuid.txt < see the difference :)

Opps Typo dident see ./patcher cupid.txt Should Be ./patcher cpuid.txt < see the difference :)

Right, I saw that. Autocompletion in bash: I wouldn't want to live without it :P

But that was not the problem. Problem is that I cannot execute "patcher". Really strange. What does the program do? Perhaps I can do it manually? Or maybe I can compile it myself. It's really frustrating :censored2: . No offence to you btw, you make the world a better place :angel:

I don't understand how I can run tiger, but a simple program is giving me a hard time....

Is there anyway you can install to a partition instead of a disk.

Example: in the "write leopard to disk 0.bat" could i change it from:

dd if=leopard-x86-flat-img of=\\?\Device\Harddisk0\Partition0 bs=5M --progress
pause

to:

dd if=leopard-x86-flat-img of=\\?\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2 bs=5M --progress
pause

How about the following configuration:

I have 1 SATA Drive on nForce4 Ultra controller: (AMD Athlon64 SSE3)

1. 20GB = Vista

2. 12GB = OSX 10.4.10 (Tubgirl)

3. Rest = NTFS (basically games only)

a). Does Leo require at least 20GB, ot 12GB is enough

:D. I want to remove 10.4.10 and have Leo instead running

What are my options in this case? BTW, on other drives I got Linux running, if that helps.

hi..

can i install... but i dont have previous install (mac os x 10)... i have only flat img leopard .... can i install my sys config is...

AMD 3200+ / ASUS a8n vm Graphics CHipset MB / 1 gb Ram / 120gb SATA (xp) / 120 gb (ide for mac )

now i want to install mac os x in my second HDD (120 gb IDE) .... specially 2nd partition (d:)

guide me... install

thanks

Is there anyway you can install to a partition instead of a disk.Example: in the "write leopard to disk 0.bat" could i change it from:
dd if=leopard-x86-flat-img of=\\?\Device\Harddisk0\Partition0 bs=5M --progresspause

to:

dd if=leopard-x86-flat-img of=\\?\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2 bs=5M --progresspause

Apparently it works never gave it a go but
Right, I saw that. Autocompletion in bash: I wouldn't want to live without it :P But that was not the problem. Problem is that I cannot execute "patcher". Really strange. What does the program do? Perhaps I can do it manually? Or maybe I can compile it myself. It's really frustrating :censored2: . No offence to you btw, you make the world a better place :angel: I don't understand how I can run tiger, but a simple program is giving me a hard time....
Sorry dude have searched and i have no idea why you get this error. cold be Vmware related
Okay i followed this verbatim and I'm now getting Unknown SIGSEGV Code 0 after Jettisoning kernel linker. Any advice?
i have searched the forum a couple of people have had this error try repatching from Tigeri have no idea what the error is.

Apparently it works never gave it a go butSorry dude have searched and i have no idea why you get this error. cold be Vmware relatedi have searched the forum a couple of people have had this error try repatching from Tigeri have no idea what the error is.

Well, I'll have to go hacking then... Thanks for your time, I will report back if I succeed. Cheers

Thats the best thing to do vhaasteren just jump in the deep end thats how you learn to swim ;)

Allso just made Widget for this forum if anyone is interested HERE RSS Feed for 10 latest posts on this forum.

Hi,

got a small problem. this is what i typed

ibook-g4s-ibook-g4:~ ibookg4$ sudo -s 
Password:
ibook-g4s-ibook-g4:~ root# cd desktop
ibook-g4s-ibook-g4:~/desktop root# cd 9A581_HD
ibook-g4s-ibook-g4:~/desktop/9A581_HD root# ./patcher cpuid.txt
bash: ./patcher: cannot execute binary file

What does this mean?

Hi,

got a small problem. this is what i typed

ibook-g4s-ibook-g4:~ ibookg4$ sudo -s 
Password:
ibook-g4s-ibook-g4:~ root# cd desktop
ibook-g4s-ibook-g4:~/desktop root# cd 9A581_HD
ibook-g4s-ibook-g4:~/desktop/9A581_HD root# ./patcher cpuid.txt
bash: ./patcher: cannot execute binary file

What does this mean?

It means you are executing code for a x86 system on a PPC system. You cannot do this on a G4 powerpc

I got it working without a Tiger install. Instead I used MacDrive for Windows and the Terminal from the Tiger-Installation.

I followed the first 3 steps from the How-To and installed MacDrive, which you can get here:

http://www.mediafour.com/products/macdrive/freetrial/

Since MacDrive didn't allow me to rename the Partition to "LEOPARD" and only could name it "Leopard", I had to modify the AMD-Patch. So I replaced every "LEOPARD" with "Leopard" in replace.sh and cpuid.txt (even notepad can do that) and then copied the patch and shrinker to the Leopard-Drive with MacDrive.

Then I booted up my JaS 10.4.8-DVD and opened the Terminal from the Setup. Booting into single-user mode with -s won't work since you won't have access to the Harddrive, at least I didn't know how. So in the Terminal I followed steps 6 and 7. I also removed all NVidia-stuff (rm -rf NV*) in /System/Library/Extensions because it caused a kernel panic for me.

I then booted up without problems, although it took very long and Leopard itself also is very, very slow; I would say it is not even usable - but it works. Anyone an idea how to fix this?

You may wonder why I didn't use a Tiger install: simply because I could install every version I tried, but none of them booted. The only version that worked was 10.4.7 with my old 3200+, but that version doesn't work either since I have a 4000+.

Thx for the how-to and I hope that my how-to will help some guys as well. :)

Hardware:

AMD 64 4000+

MSI K8N Neo4

1GB RAM

GeForce 7800GTX

My Leo is also VERY SLOW :)

I thought, the reason was unsupported graphics card (ATI X800XL - no QE/CI), but now I realize it's not the one reason.

I also have a problem with my SATA disk (Win XP). I have NForce-4 chipset and sometimes the whole system hangs without any reasons and the only thing which still works is mouse cursor.

great....

now I'm stuck somewhere where the kernel tells mit some like this

first al lot of code concerning my graphics card and then this:

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task

Mac OS version:
9A581

Kernel Version:
Darwin Kernel Version 9.0.0 Tue Oct ......; blablabla

great....

now I'm stuck somewhere where the kernel tells mit some like this

first al lot of code concerning my graphics card and then this:

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task

Mac OS version:
9A581

Kernel Version:
Darwin Kernel Version 9.0.0 Tue Oct ......; blablabla

you and me both my friend! any way my sys specs are:

Asus Aa8N-SLI nforce 4

Nvidia 8800 gts

amd 3800+ x2 939

maby some one figured out a fix. o yea btw is your harddrive light solid when it gets stuck? mine is...

Any chance of a working Leopard install solution for my AMD X2 5200+ machine (system specs in my sig)? So far, I haven't been able to find a 10.4 OSx86 disc that produces a bootable installation for my system: they all install fine via DVD, but I haven't been able to get any of them to boot.

For those of you who want your about this mac to say what amd cpu you have,http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?sto...7&lsrc=osxhI just looked around, and happen to come by this, and just wondered maybe some people would like this. :D
Nice Find Thanks Works a Treat!
great....now I'm stuck somewhere where the kernel tells mit some like thisfirst al lot of code concerning my graphics card and then this:
BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_taskMac OS version:9A581Kernel Version:Darwin Kernel Version 9.0.0 Tue Oct ......; blablabla

try deleting all the graphics driver kexts if you can boot -s you can do it there. and if you can boot -s its a kext 100% just work out what one has the issue and remove it or first find the error and search for a solution on this forum or others :unsure: my first post says to delete the NV*.kexts better to delete them and put them back later at least you will be able to boot into Leo :P
Any chance of a working Leopard install solution for my AMD X2 5200+ machine (system specs in my sig)? So far, I haven't been able to find a 10.4 OSx86 disc that produces a bootable installation for my system: they all install fine via DVD, but I haven't been able to get any of them to boot.
No Reason why this wont work on your system try it. if you have no Tiger try mus's method

post-140629-1195456155_thumb.jpg

Nice Find Thanks Works a Treat!try deleting all the graphics driver kexts if you can boot -s you can do it there. and if you can boot -s its a kext 100% just work out what one has the issue and remove it or first find the error and search for a solution on this forum or others -_- my first post says to delete the NV*.kexts better to delete them and put them back later at least you will be able to boot into Leo :P

ok worked for me. now how do i get the drivers back in the system? and why doesn't leopard recognise my soundcard although it plays the music at the beginning?