Leopard AMD Flat Image

MacDaddyIRC

141 posts in this topic

allright i got it working i just hat to delete the nv* ketxs i just dont have lan support for some odd reason. my mobo is an Asus A8N-SLI any one that has this mobo, if your lan is working can yal give me some insight? thanks

First, thanks for your help. I used MacDaddyIRC's and mus's instructions to install and modify the image using MacDrive, Vista (MacDrive won't run on XP 64 bit), and a 10.4.9 DVD image (for booting to a terminal). I did all the modifications that were described, including removing the NVIDIA stuff.On boot, I see that "Loading Darwin/x86" message, and then as soon as I see the Apple logo, I get the dreaded "You need to restart your computer" message. If I boot with "-v" (or "-v -legacy"), I get a kernel panic. I've attached a screen shot (well, really, a camera phone shot) of the panic, but I doubt you'll get much from it. Aside from the bad photo, I have a widescreen monitor, and part of the left side of the text gets cut off. What can I try next?

Update: at first I didn't completely delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext; I just renamed it to BACKUP_AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, and I guess that's not enough, as somehow the kernel was reading it anyway (I guess the name isn't important) and threw a panic. Once I deleted it, I could boot! Thanks!Some things I noticed right away:

• Ethernet/Internet doesn't work (Marvell Yukon onboard adapter)
  • Screen is stuck at 1024x768, even though I have a 1680x1050 flat screen. Maybe this is because I had to delete the NVIDIA stuff?
  • When I click Apple->About this Mac, the screen goes black and restarts the desktop (I guess X-Windows, or whatever the Mac equivalent is, gets killed and restarted).

Any thoughts on these and how to fix these?

post-118805-1195536552_thumb.jpg

I got the same problem with about this mac.

I doesn t use a flat image but i create my DVD with the tutorial on osx86scene.

I install the 10.5.1 update with patching with don't panic tool and the kernel of toh on irc but still got the problem of about this mac.

The systemprofiler works with the fix http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2240.

I tried with or without EFI no change.

Anyway i use the AppleSMBios.kext of Shrinker ....

MacDaddyIrc could you please upload your AppleSMBios.kext you used and the kernel you use?

First, thanks for your help. I used MacDaddyIRC's and mus's instructions to install and modify the image using MacDrive, Vista (MacDrive won't run on XP 64 bit), and a 10.4.9 DVD image (for booting to a terminal). I did all the modifications that were described, including removing the NVIDIA stuff.On boot, I see that "Loading Darwin/x86" message, and then as soon as I see the Apple logo, I get the dreaded "You need to restart your computer" message. If I boot with "-v" (or "-v -legacy"), I get a kernel panic. I've attached a screen shot (well, really, a camera phone shot) of the panic, but I doubt you'll get much from it. Aside from the bad photo, I have a widescreen monitor, and part of the left side of the text gets cut off. What can I try next?Update: at first I didn't completely delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext; I just renamed it to BACKUP_AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, and I guess that's not enough, as somehow the kernel was reading it anyway (I guess the name isn't important) and threw a panic. Once I deleted it, I could boot! Thanks!Some things I noticed right away:
  • Ethernet/Internet doesn't work (Marvell Yukon onboard adapter)
  • Screen is stuck at 1024x768, even though I have a 1680x1050 flat screen. Maybe this is because I had to delete the NVIDIA stuff?
  • When I click Apple->About this Mac, the screen goes black and restarts the desktop (I guess X-Windows, or whatever the Mac equivalent is, gets killed and restarted).

Any thoughts on these and how to fix these?

NOTE :You might want to delete /System/Library/Extensions/appleIntelcpupowermanagement.kext if you still get kernel panic

it tells you what kext is the issue in the kernel panic you just have to read it :) EDIT opps dident read your full post sorry !

any way with your about this mac my first post has a fix

search the forum for your GPU card you will find the fix there

and your LAN try this tread

I got the same problem with about this mac.I doesn t use a flat image but i create my DVD with the tutorial on osx86scene.I install the 10.5.1 update with patching with don't panic tool and the kernel of toh on irc but still got the problem of about this mac.The systemprofiler works with the fix http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2240.I tried with or without EFI no change.Anyway i use the AppleSMBios.kext of Shrinker ....MacDaddyIrc could you please upload your AppleSMBios.kext you used and the kernel you use?

Im using the ones from THIS POST

YES !!!!!!!The AppleSMBios you give to me works great and now i can use About this mac.The kernel is 9.0.0 but i use mine of toh (9.1.0) with the 10.5.1 update.So now i got Leopard 10.5.1 and all seems to works...

yeah sorry dident read your full post above where you said how you did it

I will create a new topic for the 10.5.1 update on AMD.

I will post every thing on it.

In at least 10 minutes you will have all on it.

The previous explain was't clear and i prefer to put on a new topic to not disturb your topic.

Thanks, but I'm still having trouble with the 3 problems I reported before on my system: network, graphics, "About This Mac". I'll post what I know, and maybe it will help someone else, while somebody may be able to help me as well. My system specs are in my signature.

Password

I thought one big reason for this is that I couldn't seem to figure out the root/sudo password, so I couldn't set system permissions and the like. I didn't create a password when I created the account on first start-up after install, so it should be blank. For "sudo" I tried "", "pass word Blah Blah", "pass word", "Blah Blah", etc. etc., but those didn't work. Here is the fix: don't use a blank password for your account! ;) If you did, you can change it in your account details (System Preferences -> Accounts). Once you change it there, you can use that password with "sudo".

Network

This is the most important one to get working for me: if the Internet isn't accessible, the system's not useable. :D

My onboard adapter is a Marvell Yukon 88E8053 (Vendor: 11AB, Device: 4353), so my replacement string should be 435311ab). I followed the instructions that MacDaddyIRC had linked, replacing my string with the one there, and the network adapter still isn't available after reboot (just firewire and dial-up connections). Not sure what else to try.

Graphics

I have an integrated NVIDIA GeForce 6100 nForce 430 (that's what XP calls it, anyway. I believe Vista calls it a 6150SE). Following instructions here, I deleted the NV* stuff from the system, which solved my kernel panics on boot. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any info on the forum on how to get this card working properly.

About This Mac

I followed the instructions on fixing this, but still whenever I click (Apple) -> About This Mac, the screen goes black and the desktop restarts. Someone claimed this worked for them even without rebooting, but I tried both rebooting and not rebooting after fixing with no luck.

SATA

Also noticed that my SATA drive isn't being recognized, just the ATA (on which Leopard is installed) and an external USB drive are recognized. This isn't as nearly important as getting the network card working, but it woud certainly be nice to have.

I hope this helps someone and that someone can help me out too!

Thanks.

hi.... help me to boot......

i have patched your shrinker and

i have deleted (/System/Library/Extensions/appleIntelcpupowermanagement.kext) even though i am not able boot....

again that screen was stuck in this lines

Back Trace _terminated

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: unknown

Mac OS version:

not set

Kernel Version:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.0.0 Tue Oct ......; blablabla

all added through mac drive application.... i did't installed 10.4

my sys config is

amd 3200+ / asus a8n vm chipset MB / 1 gb RAm / 120 gb IDE (mac os) / 120 sata (xp)

help me to boot plz...plz....

....thanks lot ....

Do you try to only push [enter] ???

I know it's a stupid question but ..........

Not stupid at all; I appreciate the help. I did try that though (that's what I meant by ""). I'm confused as to why that wouldn't work, since that ("") was my password. Maybe you can't have a null password and be root/sudo, which makes sense.

Ok this update will allow you too boot in 64bit no more -legacy

Just place AppleSMBIOS.kext in /system/library/extensions fix permisions

And drop mach_kernel to the root of Leo and fix permisions

Enjoy :)

PatcheFiles

Hi MacDaddy...

Are you sure this lets you boot in 64bit mode? Coz I downloaded Geekbench and it wouldn't let me run the 64bit mode saying my architecture doesn't support it.

I'm using an AMD X2 4600+ and installed it using your method.

Alright I tried this two times. First time I was successful but I had a very very slow boot time and my S.M.A.R.T status was messed up.

Second time however went smoothly.

Read the post about "About This Mac" solution and that worked. System Profiler reads my memory (incorrectly but at least reads it) and Unknown for the CPU. Clock speed is right but not Bus Speed

audio works fine OOB.

No QE+CI how can I fix this?

Oh and 1 rather annoying thing: How can I have Downloads and Stack display a folder? they don't display folders rather the picture of the PDF file

1 other thing, I will try and get the information here but everytime I boot into Leopard I fix disk permissions and there is a long list of errors even though I fix all the time

Well, I no longer have a working 10.5 installation. :P I tried the procedures outlines here about 10 times each to fix networking and the profiler, and they never worked, so I decided to run Marvin's AMD Patcher to see if that would help. Well, I think it did help ... to kill my install. Maybe it was that and a combination of the other fixes? I don't know. Instead of booting now, I get a black screen and then my system reboots.

I've attached log files of errors I saw when trying to fix permissions, the AMD Patch log, and the Info.plist for Apple Yukon, in case someone can spot a problem that might be fixable.

Thanks.

AMD_Patch_log.txt

fix_permissions_errors.txt

AppleYukon_Info.plist.txt

I also don't have 10.5 anymore. It seems to buggy for AMD users ATMI deleted it from my hard drive, now I can't boot into Tiger without a install DVD.. go figure
Its not to buggy at all works perfect for me you just need to do a little research to get it running how you want and dosome kext edits if you have to my how to was only to get it to install nothing more.what works for me may not work for you difering specs thats why i never put any other howtos for hardware.
Well, I no longer have a working 10.5 installation. :) I tried the procedures outlines here about 10 times each to fix networking and the profiler, and they never worked, so I decided to run Marvin's AMD Patcher to see if that would help. Well, I think it did help ... to kill my install. Maybe it was that and a combination of the other fixes? I don't know. Instead of booting now, I get a black screen and then my system reboots.I've attached log files of errors I saw when trying to fix permissions, the AMD Patch log, and the Info.plist for Apple Yukon, in case someone can spot a problem that might be fixable.Thanks.
your better off staring from scratch fresh install with a root pass :). or you can wait for an install DVD and use that but thats not to say that will work out of the box more than likly you will have the same issues leo is still not perfect and toinstall it on a none apple or intell chip you pretty much get what you get. but good luck anyway

Network

This is the most important one to get working for me: if the Internet isn't accessible, the system's not useable. sad.gif

My onboard adapter is a Marvell Yukon 88E8053 (Vendor: 11AB, Device: 4353), so my replacement string should be 435311ab). I followed the instructions that MacDaddyIRC had linked, replacing my string with the one there, and the network adapter still isn't available after reboot (just firewire and dial-up connections). Not sure what else to try.

I've got that problem with the same adapter on Tiger. =[

I'm not knocking ur How To it was very good. I liked it for what it was.

I really had only 3 issues with it and that isn't bad (by it i mean the OS)

i dident think you were was just more or less saying try to reinstall it and see if a second attempt works that is if you want to

or you can wait for a DVD or try and patch your own. this is how i got Leo working the frist time but since then i have made my own DVD and use that now.