Leopard AMD Flat Image

MacDaddyIRC

141 posts in this topic

This is what i did to get Leo working on my AMD system.

what you will need:

leopard flat image

Windows XP or Vista

working Tiger install

Note i did this part on Windows XP there is a post around that will help do this next part in vista step 1 2 and 3 that is:

1: downloaded the Leopard Flat Image With my bittorrent client unrared the leopard-x86.rar to the same dir

now there will be another foled named leopard-x86 now drag the dd --list.bat and dd.exe to the folder and the write leopard-x86-flat-img to disk*.bat << the one you need now the content of leopard-x86 should have all the files blow in it :

dd --list.bat

dd.exe

leopard-x86-flat-img

write leopard-x86-flat-img to disk1.bat << you may need one of the otheres depending on what drive you use!

2: Open the compmgmt.msc short cut and click on Disk Management slect the drive for Leo and remove any existing partitions on that disk by right clicking and selecting 'Delete Volume' and 'Delete Partition.

3:Run the write leopard-x86-flat-img to disk*.bat file and waitfor it to finish.

4:boot into Tiger now you should see the Leopard hard drive rename Leopard to LEOPARD reboot into Tiger again i had to do this

couse i had errors after renaming the leopard disk

5: Download AMD Decrypts and Shrinker.zip

Reuploaded: > Shrinker < > Decrypts <

extract 9A581_HD from 9A581_amd.zip to your desktop. Now open Terminal and cd to ~/Desktop/9A581_HD

Then do sudo –s type pass word Blah Blah

Then type ./replace.sh

Then ./patcher cpuid.txt

6: cd to /Volumes/LEOPARD

rm –rf mach*

Now just open the leopard hard drive in finder and copy mach_kernel from Shrinker/files to the root of the leopard drive.

in /Volumes/LEOPARD type chmod –R 755 mach_kernel && chown –R root:wheel mach_kernel

[uPDATE]

New AppleSMBIOS.kext and mach_kernel fixed the -legacy issue can boot with out it with these.

Just place AppleSMBIOS.kext in /system/library/extensions fix permisions

And drop mach_kernel to the root of Leo and fix permisions

> PatcheFiles <

> AMD_SSE2_Kernel <

[/uPDATE]

7: Reboot into leopard using –v and –legacy boot flags by pressing F8 befor the apple logo starts. ony use the -legacy if you did not use the newer mach_kernel

NOTE :You might want to delete /System/Library/Extensions/appleIntelcpupowermanagement.kext if you still get kernel panic

you can do this in Tiger

thats what i did and worked first time hope it works for you.

also to fix the System Profiler see this post

http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?...;hilit=Profiler

This is what my com.apple.boot.plist looks like

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-legacy</string>

<key>Boot Graphics</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>10</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Oh and i allso had to remove the NV*kext's thay gave me kernel panic as well dunno why dont have a nvidia Grapics card -_-

See Pics Below

EDIT: If you want the Time Machine Menu Icon Here is the how to:

Just unzip it and place "TimeMachine.menu" to "/System/Library/Core Services/Menu Extras",

then dubble-click on it to add it to your menu bar.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HFJZJB29

Thanks To cmaus@mac.com

post-140629-1194501568_thumb.jpg

post-140629-1194501695_thumb.jpg

post-140629-1194502432_thumb.jpg

Thank you !

Your How To works very well on an AMD Hackintosh ;)

No Probs hope it helps some of you befor the AMD ISO is released :)

Please post back if it worked for you or not. lets keep this topic ALIVE :P not manny AMD treads but a lot of AMD users

:P

well, i'm quite happy about getting Leopard to boot on my machine. but there are a few snags to be resolved still.

i used vista to write the flat image, for those who are wondering if it does work. vista serves the purpose.

the snags i mentioned are:

low hardisk performance

no CI or QE support

Leo is running on my nForce570 Sli board with a nVidia 7600GT, i'm using PATA because Sata is not supported.

If anyone knows a way to boost disk performance or enable CI/QE or both :( i would certainly apprecciate it.

Already tried NVInject and a modded pata kext that work on Tiger, but niether worked.

Thanks in advance! And THANK YOU very much for the guide.

If anyone knows a way to boost disk performance or enable CI/QE or both ;) i would certainly apprecciate it.
boost disk performance you mean its booting slow? if so boot with -v and look for errors or look at your logs.

enable CI/QE what graphics card do you have ?

thx for this nice howto..will this howto work on a sse2 AMD processor ?i have a working JAS 10.4.8 on my AMD64 3000+can i even think about running the great leopard ??thx
Sorry dude im not sure if SSE2 is suported you can try :D

boost disk performance you mean its booting slow? if so boot with -v and look for errors or look at your logs.

enable CI/QE what graphics card do you have ?

well, as i said i'm running Leopard on a nVidia GeForce 7600T.

and regarding disk performance, leo is not detecting Ultra DMA, so it's reading/writing performance sucks.

thanks...

well,Leopard starts but my mouse doesn't work, keyboard onlyI've got stuck on the Welcome Screen =)

Try changing some Bios settings.

works perfect with my PS2 mouse and keyboardin your BIOS there will be USB settings that should fix it if you use USB mouse

boost disk performance you mean its booting slow? if so boot with -v and look for errors or look at your logs.enable CI/QE what graphics card do you have ?well, as i said i'm running Leopard on a nVidia GeForce 7600T. and regarding disk performance, leo is not detecting Ultra DMA, so it's reading/writing performance sucks.thanks...

As for your Graphics card there are a lot of threads on this forum to help you.

not to sure about the HD question sorry

thx for this nice howto..

will this howto work on a sse2 AMD processor ?

i have a working JAS 10.4.8 on my AMD64 3000+

can i even think about running the great leopard ??

thx

Just wondering if you tried this yet, I have the same CPU and was hoping to run Leopard.

Ok this update will allow you too boot in 64bit no more -legacy

Just place AppleSMBIOS.kext in /system/library/extensions fix permisions

And drop mach_kernel to the root of Leo and fix permisions

Enjoy :D

PatcheFiles

64bit support awesome :P , thank you.

Just wondering if you tried this yet, I have the same CPU and was hoping to run Leopard.

thx for this nice howto..will this howto work on a sse2 AMD processor ?i have a working JAS 10.4.8 on my AMD64 3000+can i even think about running the great leopard ??thx

OkiDoki did a little investigation and seems this may work for you AMD_SSE2_Kernel

This is not tested !

Works for me like a charm thumbsup_anim.gif

My spec:

AMD Athlon 64 3000+@2.7

Ghz, ATI Radeon X800XL (no QE/CI for now)

1 GB RAM

18 GB PATA Disk (Leopard)

240 GB SATA Disk (Win)

Thanks alot MacDaddy wink_anim.gif

What motherboard/chipset are you using?

Same here, please create a mirror for Shinker Download.

I got Tubgirl 10.4.10 SATA drive on my Athlon64 system, and would like to try this methof out for 10.5 installation.

SATA (nForce4 Ultra chipset) = possible?

Hey I managed to get around this by using a different kernel and it actually worked! :0 I have Leopard installed and WORKING on my AMD Sempron <_<! I'll post a link to the kernel in a couple of minutes.

-- !!EDIT!! --

The kernel can be downloaded by logging onto their IRC server and looking at the two tinyurl download links.

The server is:

irc.osx86.hu Channel: #10.5

Use Colloquy for Mac or mIRC for Windows if you are a noob to IRC :(

The first download worked for me I followed the rest of the tutorial and ripped the mach_kernel from the download and low and behold it's working!

I'll post pics in a min :P Whoah! I can't believe it worked lol.