Leopard AMD Flat Image

MacDaddyIRC

141 posts in this topic

I'd love to be able to patch the install image and make a DVD that should work and that I could reuse if needed ... but with all these side-patches and individual edits needed for each system, I wouldn't even know where to begin. :glare:

I'd love to be able to patch the install image and make a DVD that should work and that I could reuse if needed ... but with all these side-patches and individual edits needed for each system, I wouldn't even know where to begin. :glare:

a good place to start is > Here < thats more or less what i did with a couple of other things

hi.... help me to boot......

i have patched your shrinker and

i have deleted (/System/Library/Extensions/appleIntelcpupowermanagement.kext) even though i am not able boot....

again that screen was stuck in this lines

Back Trace _terminated

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: unknown

Mac OS version:

not set

Kernel Version:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.0.0 Tue Oct ......; blablabla

all added through mac drive application.... i did't installed 10.4

my sys config is

amd 3200+ / asus a8n vm chipset MB / 1 gb RAm / 120 gb IDE (mac os) / 120 sata (xp)

help me to boot plz...plz....

....thanks lot ....

Following this tuto http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2135

after you finish the install you have to do some things before booting.

I personnaly erase my Tiger partition with Leopard so i made all the mods with the Terminal of the DVD.

Post installation:

Now that you got leopard installed, we need to apply the finishing touches before we can use it. Get back into tiger and extract 9A581_HD from 9A581_amd.zip to your desktop. Before we run the scripts, we need to rename your leopard hard drive to “LEOPARD” because that’s what the patchers will be looking for. Just select the drive on your desktop and press enter, type in LEOPARD and press enter again to save. Now open Terminal and cd to ~/Desktop/9A581_HD. Then do sudo –s again to get root. Then type

CODE: SELECT ALL

./replace.sh

to once again replace the files. Then

./patcher cupid.txt

to update the CPUIDs. Once you do that, we need to copy the kernel and extensions over. Pop back into terminal and cd to /Volumes/LEOPARD. Then type this command to delete the old kernel (use sudo if you’re not root still):

rm –rf mach*

Now just open the leopard hard drive in finder and copy mach_kernel from Shrinker/files to the root of the leopard drive. Now we need to copy all of the extensions from the DVD to the installation. In terminal, cd to /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions then run this command to delete all of them(use sudo if you’re not already root):

rm –rf *

Now go to the DVD (or hard drive if you used that method) and go to the Extenions folder (Located in System/Library/Extensions. If you don’t see the system folder on the dvd, use the go command in finder to get there) and copy all the extensions to the leopard installation’s extensions folder (LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions). Now go back to terminal so we can apply the permissions on the files we replaced. First cd to /Volumes/LEOPARD and run this command(use sudo if not already root):

chmod –R 755 mach_kernel && chown –R root:wheel mach_kernel

Now cd to /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions and run this command (use sudo if not already root):

chmod –R 755 * && chown –R root:wheel *

Now we’re done! Reboot into leopard using –v again and cross your fingers! After you get to the desktop, it might be a good idea to repair permissions. However, you may not be able to until you copy BaseSystem.pkg from your DVD to /Library/Receipts. Once you do that you should be able to repair permissions just fine.

Following this tuto http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2135

after you finish the install you have to do some things before booting.

I personnaly erase my Tiger partition with Leopard so i made all the mods with the Terminal of the DVD.

Aren't those instructions for when you have the DVD? This thread is for people starting with the Leopard Flat Image. If I start with the flat image, do I still have to delete the _entire_ extensions content? Seems like overkill to me, plus I do not have that DVD...

One question: Does one of you guys know how to keep your PC from rebooting, or whether there is some log file? I followed this tutorial, I can boot with "-v", I can see several extensions loading, and then the computer reboots. It does show some output right before the reboot, but it's over too quick for me to read. So I cannot figure out what is wrong!

EDIT: Perhaps something like system.log in /var/log? Jeez, I find this now when I cannot check anymore! Will post back tonight!

Extensions that I am using:

All extensions of the flat image, except:

- NV*

- appleIntelcpupowermanagement.kext

- GeForce

Added extension:

- nForce4Sata

- AppleSMBIOS.kext

Kernel: MacDaddy's 64-bit kernel

I have a MSI K8 Platinum, 939 AMD 3200+, GeForce 7300GS setup.

Thanks!

How you add that nForce4Sata extension. Is there also one available for ATI X800 video card, or I simply install the official driver from ATI website. BTW, how about WiFi based on Ralink rt2500, or it is there is 10.5 already.

How you add that nForce4Sata extension. Is there also one available for ATI X800 video card, or I simply install the official driver from ATI website. BTW, how about WiFi based on Ralink rt2500, or it is there is 10.5 already.

Search the forum plenty of posts about this for your Sata and Graphics card

Hey Max33,

In the guide link you mentioned, does Leopard GM refer how to use you purchased copy of Leopard and patch it to install on AMD machine. I am hoping GM means general merchandise. I don't want to use someone elses image, I want to use the copy I bought. The tutorial look pretty slick.

Some commented that this did not belong in this thread, I deisagree. I have been reading these boards for over a week and have method overload. This is the first post I think I have seen that covered this for a AMD and place very nicely in a thread where people were having issues with particular instal method and suggesting another way.

MacDaddy, I found your post to be the most informative on getting leopard on AMD... that's why I keep coming back to it. Thank you for all of your time posting and helping explain this to us noobs.

Hey Max33,In the guide link you mentioned, does Leopard GM refer how to use you purchased copy of Leopard and patch it to install on AMD machine. I am hoping GM means general merchandise. I don't want to use someone elses image, I want to use the copy I bought. The tutorial look pretty slick.Some commented that this did not belong in this thread, I deisagree. I have been reading these boards for over a week and have method overload. This is the first post I think I have seen that covered this for a AMD and place very nicely in a thread where people were having issues with particular instal method and suggesting another way.MacDaddy, I found your post to be the most informative on getting leopard on AMD... that's why I keep coming back to it. Thank you for all of your time posting and helping explain this to us noobs.

thanks for the feed back makes it all worth wile im not one to work out how to install it then just come onto a forum a bost about it had to try and help even if it was only one person, i pretty much just posted what i did it worked for me first try so i though it will have to work for others. seems to have mixed results so far.

we are all noob's when it comes to OS X on non apple hard ware, trial and error thats all it is :)

i my self have only been installing osx for about a month i just read a lot of posts to get an idea of what works and what dont its the best way i think. i just wish i had more time to work on it i wold like to make a AMD install DVD and seed it for others but i dont have the time to work out all the kinks work comes first and takes up most my time.

thanks ... but about this step:2. Downloaded the AMDv2 patchWhere to find this? Is this the same as Marvin's AMD Patcher? Or is it something else?

check your pm a little help in there :)

hey guys is Topic is piece of {censored} coz i`m used is Way but i Delete all thing on my pc when i used

compmgmt.msc maybe i was`t understand How to use, but finally it success by this Topic

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=68934&st=0

bye

What?

Aside from some questionable content, I don't understand what you wrote, and the link you gave is broken.

allright i got every thing wroking except my video card... i got a 8800 gts 320 mb and i installed the 8800 drivers from here and it looks like it finds my card and all but no qe and i cant change rez.... i did notice that it wasnt recognising my monitor though....

hey guys is Topic is piece of {censored} coz i`m used is Way but i Delete all thing on my pc when i used

compmgmt.msc maybe i was`t understand How to use, but finally it success by this Topic

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=68934&st=0

bye

no maybe about it by the sounds of it. if you dont understand english this is not the topic for you. and if you deleted your windows install maybe OSX on none apple hardware is not for you.

Hey Max33,

In the guide link you mentioned, does Leopard GM refer how to use you purchased copy of Leopard and patch it to install on AMD machine. I am hoping GM means general merchandise. I don't want to use someone elses image, I want to use the copy I bought. The tutorial look pretty slick.

Some commented that this did not belong in this thread, I deisagree. I have been reading these boards for over a week and have method overload. This is the first post I think I have seen that covered this for a AMD and place very nicely in a thread where people were having issues with particular instal method and suggesting another way.

MacDaddy, I found your post to be the most informative on getting leopard on AMD... that's why I keep coming back to it. Thank you for all of your time posting and helping explain this to us noobs.

I Followed this tuto for creating my dvd : http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2135

Then i applied this for 10.5.1 : http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=72358

For EFI I apply pc_efi v5.2 and it's works ........

Alright I gave this another try.

Overall I found this to be a good informative thread. Plenty of hand holding for newbies and straight forward terminal commands. Still running into the same problems but fix the majority of them. (about this mac, -legacy boot)

The only thing I am now trying to figure out is the graphic card. Any pointers? XFX 7600GT 256

Overall I found this to be a good informative thread. Plenty of hand holding for newbies and straight forward terminal commands. Still running into the same problems but fix the majority of them. (about this mac, -legacy boot)

The only thing I am now trying to figure out is the graphic card. Any pointers? XFX 7600GT 256

I dont have a nVidia Graphics card so cant test this for you but take a look at this > NVinject <

it's supose to work from what i have read.

Look at http://rs245.rapidshare.com/files/69216300/leonvidia.zip

Thanks for that but I tried that route already and while I can switch resolutions, there is no gain in using this for me at least

still no QE+Ci

Tell us more about your install

Wich kernel,whick type of install ,which version 10.5.0 oir 10.5.1 ec.....

Ps :It's 23h30 in France i need to sleep see you tomorrow.

the files that max33 posted solved the problem

One more thing and it shouldn't be hard to fix.

the dock isn't showing a Documents folder nor a Downloads folder. What can I do to fix this?

Just drag the folders you want into the right hand side of the dock

I gave this a try, and it worked, but my Leopard drive only has a 15GB partition where the OS was installed when the dd batch file completed the image install. OSX will not allow me to use the free space, any attempt to partition will erase the entire drive. Can I install Leopard initially to use the entire drive, 160GB in my case? I deleted all volumes/partitions when I prepared the drive for install.

The new kernel and AppleSMBIOS.kext files to fix the -legacy requirement didn't work for me. It almost loads, gets to the blue screen just before the desktop, and it stops. I replaced the kernel and kext files, and everything works again, but I have to use the legacy switch.