650 and 680i chipset thread...

JaE-V

931 posts in this topic

can we make spdif work from the onboard sound?
not at all! only two channels in stereo mode, you might wanna search around for a Xfi mac edition card if you need thatHow's your install Claud?..

i've tried this:

1) install tiger and update to 10.4.10 and install the mac.nub drivers for 8x00 video cards.

2) use the ToH RC2 release to install Leopard, but the installation doesn't start...

3) now, i'm sad :(

i've tried this:

1) install tiger and update to 10.4.10 and install the mac.nub drivers for 8x00 video cards.

2) use the ToH RC2 release to install Leopard, but the installation doesn't start...

3) now, i'm sad :(

you installed over your 4.10 installation correct?....did you disable a core in your bios and run the post patch?

i can't install leopard, so i can run the post patch...however, to run the leopard installation, i have to write cpu=0 -x, because, whit the first command, i disable the core, and thene with the second the video card...but, how i can disable a core, in the asus striker extreme bios?

i can't install leopard, so i can run the post patch...however, to run the leopard installation, i have to write cpu=0 -x, because, whit the first command, i disable the core, and thene with the second the video card...but, how i can disable a core, in the asus striker extreme bios?
you sure there isnt a option in the bios?...when was the last time you updated your bios? And have you successfully completed the leo install?
yeah....striker extreme....hope it will work soon ???@insaniawith bios 1303 their is no option for enable/disable cores :mellow:
performance pretty good with your 8800? everytime i launch a game such as ut2004 it crashes lol...my bad luck?

you sure there isnt a option in the bios?...when was the last time you updated your bios? And have you successfully completed the leo install?performance pretty good with your 8800? everytime i launch a game such as ut2004 it crashes lol...my bad luck?

Thanks for the SATA kext

I was having really hit and miss preformance with the other one!

Just waiting on the NIC card in the next few days for my LAN

And working on the 6800GS pcie I have for video

EDIT: any reason why my ram is displayed as 333mhz, its running at 900 in windows/bios

Thanks for the SATA kextI was having really hit and miss preformance with the other one!Just waiting on the NIC card in the next few days for my LANAnd working on the 6800GS pcie I have for videoEDIT: any reason why my ram is displayed as 333mhz, its running at 900 in windows/bios
thats weird i have no idea! lol but thats like really slow i highly doubt its running at that speed...you'd know it..my ram is 667 but it shows 533 because they're mismatched. i however know that they're running at 667 because i have one overclocked in the bios
i dont know about games and mac ????im only using this for university :wacko: so QE/CI @ 1680x1050 is enough for me...sorry....
lol cool, i cant change my resolution til i get a new monitor...the 8800 drivers dont like vga monitors that much right now..if you change it, system crashes

yeah....

striker extreme....

hope it will work soon ???

@insania

with bios 1303 their is no option for enable/disable cores ;)

i have the 1305 bios, and there isn't the option to disable the core...now, i've lost all the hopes...

Hi there, I've had great success with uphucks 10.4.9 1.4i r3 build when installing from a SATA DVD drive, (on an Nforce 680i mobo). It's the only image i've found so far that actually boots from SATA and it even shows my SATA HDD in the disk partitioner. However I couldn't test whether it would install to it because i didn't have a free partition so I installed it to my PATA instead. :censored2:

I had the same problem with NVDAResman.kext that you guys had and i fixed it by deleting the kext. After it finally booted into OSX I found that the azalia audio driver worked but not much else. SATA doesn't work and I'm going to try to fix that by installing the applenforceata.kext. Wish me luck.

Oh and BTW i realise this is a discussion in the leopard section and I'm talking about tiger, sorry but the tiger forum is dead and this seems like the place to discuss the 680i chipset.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66GHz FSB 1333MHz

XFX NFORCE 680I SLI INTEL SOCKET 775 DDR2

2GB DDR2 RAM @ 800Mhz

2 x 7600GT in SLI config

80GB IDE HDD

SATA DVD Drive

Hi there, I've had great success with uphucks 10.4.9 1.4i r3 build when installing from a SATA DVD drive, (on an Nforce 680i mobo). It's the only image i've found so far that actually boots from SATA and it even shows my SATA HDD in the disk partitioner. However I couldn't test whether it would install to it because i didn't have a free partition so I installed it to my PATA instead. :censored2:

I had the same problem with NVDAResman.kext that you guys had and i fixed it by deleting the kext. After it finally booted into OSX I found that the azalia audio driver worked but not much else. SATA doesn't work and I'm going to try to fix that by installing the applenforceata.kext. Wish me luck.

Oh and BTW i realise this is a discussion in the leopard section and I'm talking about tiger, sorry but the tiger forum is dead and this seems like the place to discuss the 680i chipset.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66GHz FSB 1333MHz

XFX NFORCE 680I SLI INTEL SOCKET 775 DDR2

2GB DDR2 RAM @ 800Mhz

2 x 7600GT in SLI config

80GB IDE HDD

SATA DVD Drive

How did the sata work out, in the quick attempt I did before running off to work i check previous kexts to make sure there were no old ones there... Dropped the new on in and verifyed+repaired drive permissions. I also attemtped a kextload command but didnt do anything.

Maybe it will work once I boot it up again lol, well have to wait a few hours till I get home.

PS JaE-V I tryed a few techniques from the link you sent me and a few other them couldnt get permission... So I just did what I had tryed a few times before.

Well see

How did the sata work out, in the quick attempt I did before running off to work i check previous kexts to make sure there were no old ones there... Dropped the new on in and verifyed+repaired drive permissions. I also attemtped a kextload command but didnt do anything.

Maybe it will work once I boot it up again lol, well have to wait a few hours till I get home.

PS JaE-V I tryed a few techniques from the link you sent me and a few other them couldnt get permission... So I just did what I had tryed a few times before.

Well see

I tried copying it over and repairing the permissions but that didn't work, so i thought i missed deleting the previous .kext. In my feeble attempt to find and delete it i must have accidentally deleted something important and now i get a message at startup (in graphical mode i might add), that the azalia and natit .kexts "have not been installed properly". But somehow even though the natit drivers aren't working i still have graphical startup.

Anyway as a last-ditch attempt i tried installing the nforce4.pkg thats floating around the forum and it got SATA working again. But I still have the problems with audio and video so i'm going to reinstall OSX. Why not try the Nforce4 ATA .pkg if you can find it, sorry i can't remember where i got it from.

P.S. I'm not sure but the SATA driver that i got working seemed pretty slow, I have a 48x drive and when i tried ripping a cd it only ripped at 7.5x. Just a thought.

I tried copying it over and repairing the permissions but that didn't work, so i thought i missed deleting the previous .kext. In my feeble attempt to find and delete it i must have accidentally deleted something important and now i get a message at startup (in graphical mode i might add), that the azalia and natit .kexts "have not been installed properly". But somehow even though the natit drivers aren't working i still have graphical startup.

Anyway as a last-ditch attempt i tried installing the nforce4.pkg thats floating around the forum and it got SATA working again. But I still have the problems with audio and video so i'm going to reinstall OSX. Why not try the Nforce4 ATA .pkg if you can find it, sorry i can't remember where i got it from.

P.S. I'm not sure but the SATA driver that i got working seemed pretty slow, I have a 48x drive and when i tried ripping a cd it only ripped at 7.5x. Just a thought.

Mine is good, I used chmod and chown on the kexts that were displaying the install error.

Dont reboot just make sure they are there and do something like this

sudo *chmod/chown* -r /system/library/extensions/applenforceata.kext

*one per line*

I simple messed around with stuff similar to that unill doing "sudo kextload (-s or -r here i cant remember lol) /system/library/extensions/KEXTNAME.kext" made it start up

Confirming here that Leopard works on the 680i chipset! Will b back soon to help you guys after i get my 8800 installed:

picture1bm3.png

and to add, i definitely dont reccomend updating a previous tiger installation because you'll run into a lot of kext issues with video drivers lol....reinstalling here

Please!!!tell me all the passages to install leopard on 680i -_- i pray you!!!

GAH

even the new SATA kext comes up with a warning on the third reboot....

what commands am I doing wrong...

EDIT: Ok seems fine after I re did it.

I also installed a NIC Card, SMC 1211TX, installed nativly an runs great!

Still no luck with video though...

Leo still running 1 core?

jae-v do you get the diskarb issue under leopard?

has anybody tried the new bootloader with the 680i? i'll be glad to if somebody gave me instructions. thanks

Get alot of issues, and yes that is one of them...havent heard of a new bootloader yet