650 and 680i chipset thread...

JaE-V

931 posts in this topic

btw i've got a sata dvd drive, will it give me problems? thanks!did anyone get both cores to work in tiger? could you guys list: 1. what's working for you, and 2. what's not working?

ask HojoojoH to forward you the pm i sent him and that'll get your sata devices working including sound! Leopard currently isnt working with both cores

i have an asus striker extreme with 680i chipset..i can't install leopard, because during the loading of the kext, the NVDAResman, make an error..Tiger is installed on my system, but i haven't do the update to 10.4.10...I have to do this before install leopard? tnx for your answers..bye

Glad to see this is working for you guy's, and if anyone gets there second core enabled in Leopard let me know.
So to clear this up, you loaded the Leo ToH dvd with the core disabled in the bios? And were there any special boot flags after that?
guys could you tell me which onboard hardware from teh evga 680i works on tiger? once i verify the ahrdware im ehaidng straight to teh pc store to buy an ide hdd and whatever else i may need.
you'll need an ide hardrive to install and i'd suggest a generic network card that doesnt require drivers for the network unless these guys know something i dont....you'll also need an ide dvd drive i'd assume to install, not sure
i have an asus striker extreme with 680i chipset..i can't install leopard, because during the loading of the kext, the NVDAResman, make an error..Tiger is installed on my system, but i haven't do the update to 10.4.10...I have to do this before install leopard? tnx for your answers..bye
the nvdaresman is a video issue, try the -x flag and read a few of my posts up.....and yea you should update to 10.4.10, its alittle faster, follow those instructions carefully on the first page...however you dont need to do this to run leo, all you need is a working tiger install to run the post-patch.sh after the install

and guys after running the nforce pkg to get your ide working if your drive isnt automatically mounted you have to manually do it in the disk utility

would a usb wireless adapter give me problems? im getting an edimax its supposedly compatible with mac
That one sounds good! Any mac compatible one should work! I've used the belkin one and it worked well! Check the genious bar for a compatibility list

what features do i have to choose when installing the jas 10.4.8 disc? after catching the tiger, i wan to hunt down teh leopard

you should only have to choose the intel kernel and thats it, everything else isnt needed...however if the azaila audio and nforce controllers are in there check those of course...what video card do yu have?

evga 8800 gts super clocked 640mb

nice me too...just got BFG tech lol but just make sure you dont check any video drivers and if it doesnt boot after the install just boot with -x and delete those NV files in the extensions folder....update to .4.10 run the mac.nub easy installer 1.0.1 *most recent* selecting -mac pro update-nforce/amd patch-and 640 meg. Reboot and you'll b set! Especially if you have a dvi monitor

So to clear this up, you loaded the Leo ToH dvd with the core disabled in the bios? And were there any special boot flags after that?you'll need an ide hardrive to install and i'd suggest a generic network card that doesnt require drivers for the network unless these guys know something i dont....you'll also need an ide dvd drive i'd assume to install, not surethe nvdaresman is a video issue, try the -x flag and read a few of my posts up.....and yea you should update to 10.4.10, its alittle faster, follow those instructions carefully on the first page...however you dont need to do this to run leo, all you need is a working tiger install to run the post-patch.sh after the install

just one time it has arrived at the installation page (i write cpu=0 -x) but when i went to terminal it didn't start!!!how i can install this damned system??

EDIT:now instead, also if i wrote cpu=0 -x, when i arrive at the "preparing installation" page, the progress bar doesn't go on...HELP ME!!

just one time it has arrived at the installation page (i write cpu=0 -x) but when i went to terminal it didn't start!!!how i can install this damned system??

EDIT:now instead, also if i wrote cpu=0 -x, when i arrive at the "preparing installation" page, the progress bar doesn't go on...HELP ME!!

will your 10.4.8 not boot if you dont choose cpu=0? It should. What version is this your trying? And calm down lol

try -x -v and see whats goin on

will your 10.4.8 not boot if you dont choose cpu=0? It should. What version is this your trying? And calm down lol

try -x -v and see whats goin on

the 10.4.8 boot without i write cpu=0,so i think all it's ok...the only thing that i had to do was,to delete the NVDAResman.kext to boot the system the first time

Ok i really need some help,

I need to install leopard but i guess ill start with 10.4.8 tiger on my 680i

My Config

Q6700

2Gb Ram

8800 GT (the new one)

Creative Xfi fatalyty

SATA hdd 300 GB will use this for tiger

This is for windows( and 500 GB raid , 250 GB x2)

SATA dvd burner

Now whats the best OSX tiger version i need to use for the above setup

What do i need to do to fresh install on my SATA drive including the commands.

How do i get 8800 Gt working.

Networking working?

This information would be very helpful.

I did go through the whole thread but couldnt figure out where to start.(Full name of the OSX dvd would be helpful in searching)

Thanks

K :(

the 10.4.8 boot without i write cpu=0,so i think all it's ok...the only thing that i had to do was,to delete the NVDAResman.kext to boot the system the first time
thats what i was saying do all along lol.....now update your installation and then run the man.nub latest installer 1.0.1
Ok i really need some help,I need to install leopard but i guess ill start with 10.4.8 tiger on my 680i My ConfigQ67002Gb Ram8800 GT (the new one)Creative Xfi fatalytySATA hdd 300 GB will use this for tigerThis is for windows( and 500 GB raid , 250 GB x2)SATA dvd burnerNow whats the best OSX tiger version i need to use for the above setupWhat do i need to do to fresh install on my SATA drive including the commands.How do i get 8800 Gt working.Networking working?This information would be very helpful.I did go through the whole thread but couldnt figure out where to start.(Full name of the OSX dvd would be helpful in searching)ThanksK :(
whats your motherboard? but the 10.4.8 JaS ppf1 ppf2 intel/amd is the one to start with! I dunno about that sata dvd burner tho you need ide

thats what i was saying do all along lol.....now update your installation and then run the man.nub latest installer 1.0.1

until 10.4.10?or it's also good the 10.4.9?

Due the ethernet doesn't work for me in 10.4.8, can i download and install this?10.4.10

until 10.4.10?or it's also good the 10.4.9?

dont understand your question but yes you have to update it from 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 then to 10.4.10...go all the way to ten becasue i'd say its around a 10% performance increase...follow the first page, if you wanna take the risk and try something else then your on your own there

dont understand your question but yes you have to update it from 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 then to 10.4.10...go all the way to ten becasue i'd say its around a 10% performance increase...follow the first page, if you wanna take the risk and try something else then your on your own there

I've said that, the ethernet doesn't work for me so, i have to manually download from an another computer and put the update on usb drive. it's good the update that i've linked?

I've said that, the ethernet doesn't work for me so, i have to manually download from an another computer and put the update on usb drive. it's good the update that i've linked?

ahhh i see, yes thats the one! lol sorry. search around, make a thread, u might b able to get your ethernet working

I've gotten Leo to install off the ToH DVD on my evga 680i LT. Had to disable a core, and also had to use an IDE Cdrom and HD. Had to get the modified kernel from Brazilmac for nforce boards and also used his kexts.

I upgraded from 10.4.9 which allowed me to bypass the welcome screen video thus letting me boot with the -x flag to bypass the video panics. Installing from scratch (no upgrade) would always get me stuck at the "Do you already own a Mac?" screen when using the -x flag. It would just loop.

Loaded the G80 Installer and rebooted. It booted fine without the -x flag however I had no QE. Then I basically hosed the install so I'm starting over.

On board sound worked just fine without me doing anything, however network would not. I couldn't even get a 3com 3c905-TX to work. I'll probably have to go buy another NIC.

to install tiger on my evga 680i, i used an ide dvd drive and ide hdd.

i used jas 10.4.8 install disk and only selected the intel patch.

to get it to boot into mac i had to enter via safe mode -s. and enter the following:

/sbin/mount -uw /

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext

reboot

and it loaded

I've gotten Leo to install off the ToH DVD on my evga 680i LT. Had to disable a core, and also had to use an IDE Cdrom and HD. Had to get the modified kernel from Brazilmac for nforce boards and also used his kexts.I upgraded from 10.4.9 which allowed me to bypass the welcome screen video thus letting me boot with the -x flag to bypass the video panics. Installing from scratch (no upgrade) would always get me stuck at the "Do you already own a Mac?" screen when using the -x flag. It would just loop.Loaded the G80 Installer and rebooted. It booted fine without the -x flag however I had no QE. Then I basically hosed the install so I'm starting over.On board sound worked just fine without me doing anything, however network would not. I couldn't even get a 3com 3c905-TX to work. I'll probably have to go buy another NIC.
wow onboard sound worked? great info, i gotta get my hands on this ToH image but the torrents taking weeks, still looking for rapidshare
to install tiger on my evga 680i, i used an ide dvd drive and ide hdd.i used jas 10.4.8 install disk and only selected the intel patch.to get it to boot into mac i had to enter via safe mode -s. and enter the following:/sbin/mount -uw /rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kextrebootand it loaded
Nice!
wow onboard sound worked? great info, i gotta get my hands on this ToH image but the torrents taking weeks, still looking for rapidshareNice!
And to correct myself guys, that nforce4pkg doesnt like 10.4.10 that well so use this kext for nforce sata controllers its much better! http://rapidshare.com/files/66859834/AppleNForceATA.kext.zipdrop it in your extensions folder and sudo kext load after uninstalling the older kex of course