Dock Themes for Download (For Retail Build)

djh816

43 posts in this topic

Here is a pack of themes I made for the leopard dock along with a bash script to update. Please add your submissions too in the thread (preferable format would be a zip of a folder with the images, named correctly, inside). The guide is included in my pack and it does include the original dock files to restore.

Note: Some themes may be found here as well. The ones listed here though are verified as working with my update script. Others in that topic may work but I cannot vouch for all of them.

Another Note: Tons more found here (read site for instructions and app)

How To Apply Themes:

All my script does is replace image files so if ever it does not work, you can just manually place the files back into /System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app/Contents/Resources. The script is set to copy everything in the current directory (in terminal) to this location. Therefor, to get the originals back or use your own images, just have them named correctly and have terminal's directory set to their's (this is done by just typing "cd " with a space after and then dragging in the folder in which the images are) and then typing "bash " (with a space) and dragging in my 'updatedock' script (Attached to topic below).

How To Change To 2D Dock (on bottom)

Open Terminal and paste in this code (change 'YES' to 'NO' to get 3D back):

defaults write com.apple.dock no-glass -boolean YES; killall Dock

Themes:

djh816's themes (5 theme pack with download link at bottom):

Black Glass:

4zdput4.png

Carbon:

4zsqs75.png

Caution:

53iatm8.png

Marble:

4xkzwwj.png

Seafoam:

6g8x2z6.png

(Backup Originals Also Included)

Download Link

lessew's themes:

Dark dock w/ green indicators:

62icrgy.png

Download Link

Wood dock w/ edges:

63t6el1.png

Download Link

Dark dock w/ edges:

4mb4idv.png

Download Link

asburyak's themes:

Woodgrain dock (with no reflections):

4zxuujr.png

Download Link

rathalos' themes:

Lightning separator:

6jgc93b.jpg

Download Link

Berzerker's themes:

No-Reflection Indicators (no preview):

Download Link

Robbiem's themes:

108 Dock Pack (no preview):

Download Link

EDIT: Fixed indicator images in backup (again. sorry x2). Keep them coming guys. I will continually update.

Update_Dock_Script.zip

Original_Dock_Picture_Backups.zip

I have two questions. Is there a guide for how to do this safely and is there anyway to bring back the old dock? Please answer and put the answer in the first post so people like me do not have to search for em... Sticky this... Love the docks djh

I have two questions. Is there a guide for how to do this safely and is there anyway to bring back the old dock? Please answer and put the answer in the first post so people like me do not have to search for em... Sticky this... Love the docks djh
guide is included and as stated above, it does include the files to restore. all my script does is replace image files so if ever it does not work, you can just manually place the files back into /System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app/Contents/Resources. The script is set to copy everything in the current directory (in terminal) to this location. Therefor, to get the originals back or use your own images, just have them named correctly and have terminal's directory set to that (this is done by just typing "cd " with a space after and then dragging in the folder in which the images are) and then typing "bash " (with a space) and dragging in my 'updatedock' script. Hope that answers :D. Thanks for the feedback on the docks too guys.

(also, still waiting for some other people to post a link/attachment to theirs so i can put in the original post. preferable format would be a folder with the images, preferably named correctly, with my update script included. this would be the easiest way for me to also get previews for the dock and be a uniformed way of applying a new theme)

added. thank you

Can someone please email me the seperator image again... i forgot about that in the backups and no longer have. email is djh816[at]gmail