9/11 isn't worth talking/thinking about

gwprod12

40 posts in this topic

If Americans are allowed to go on and on about 9/11, I'm allowed to go on and on about the Blitz, or the IRA attacks on Manchester, or 7/7 in London.

What's with the (as I see it) mass hysteria among Americans over terrorism?

Bxsci: Let me diagram the topic sentence for you.

9/11: The event in question.

Isn't: The opposite of is.

Worth: Intrinsic value

Talking: The act of making speech.

Thinking: The act of devoting mental faculties to something.

About: In reference to.

Quite literally (as I have reread my topic. see above), the topic says... 9/11 SHOULDN"T FRICKING BE DISCUSSED OR DWELLED ON!

This dovetails quite nicely with my previous statement that this thread is not about talking about 9/11. It's about talking about not talking about 9/11.

Therefore, any discussion of 9/11 itself is off topic.

gwprod12:

Can you actually say *why* 9/11 is meaningless to you? And even then, as I said before, everyone for themselfes should decide about it. There is no need to tell other people what they should think or do.

If nobody asked questions, then we would have a different history. There wouldn't be a "Gulf of Tonkin Incident" or an "Iran-Contra Affair". And that's why I think asking is important.

Well, I can say why it's meaningless to me, and I will do so.

Gavrillo Princip was an insignificant person in and of himself (you probably don't know who he was, as evidence), but he birthed WWI. If not for him, it might never have happened.

9/11 is utterly insignificant in the scheme of things. It's just an event which the ignorant and evil have twisted to their own purposes.

~3000 people died. BIG EFFING DEAL.

It was nothing like pearl harbor. Pearl Harbor crippled (or would have) our ability to wage war against our enemy. 9/11 killed a bunch of people who's job is the systematic rape of everyone but themselves (and their support staff).

It was nothing like Hiroshima. Hiroshima & Nagasaki killed ~200,000 people, most of them in as horrific a fashion as is possible.

It is nothing like the genocides going on all over the world.

It is nothing like the number of casualties in Iraq created by the US invasion there.

Even more american soldiers have died than did in 9/11. And yet people barely even care. But they wail and gnash their teeth over 9/11.

More people die every day from lack of food than did in 9/11. Show me those headlines.

I didn't give a rat's ass the day it happened. I didn't the day after, and I never have. And neither should you.

What I do give a rat's ass about is how (some) people have allowed this BS to manipulate them into ruining this country.

But. I never operated from the delusion that the US is the inevitable and endless empire. That our might would ever increase and never decrease. That we are unbeatable, inviolable and utterly safe from everything lesser nations & people could lob at us.

From the American perspective on terrorism, one would think it was invented on 9/11. The British know better, they've suffered from it. The Israelis know better, they've a history of committing terrorism and having terrorism inflicted on them. Etc and so forth.

As a final note... at this moment, the collective we can barely grasp why it is wrong to torture people. Sure, it's wrong and barbaric to waterboard an american or a buddhist monk. But waterboarding is merely a fun time to be had by all when it comes to our enemies. And you (yes you) are complicit.

I think you got me wrong. I never said that I think 9/11 is important because 3000 or so people died that day. From a biological view it doesn't matter if these 3000 live or not.

But that day was important (to me at least) on a political view. Alot of things have changed since that day.

And the bad thing is, that it hits the small citizens like you and me most. It doesn't hurt the politicians or companies. Liberties are taken away from the small people, in your country, but also in my country and many other countries.

Now what if 9/11 was only a lie...I don't know the answer, but nothing would change because they got too much power.

I'm not saying that I am a conspiracy theorist, but I don't believe everything that I'm being told by the media (not saying that you don't either). I also don't believe everything in these conspiracy movies. I just make up my own mind.

I'm not even mentioning the wars that happened after 9/11 this time, because you know about them. But I do want to mention that, in the end, it's all about money. It's not to bring democracy or any humanistic support.

It's quite simple with Iraq. You can find three things there: Sand, Oil and a good geostrategic position.

As a final note...you make up your own enemies. Not just since 9/11.

Yeah, I'm sure we could have won it without America's help.I like Russia's attitude. They are one of the few countries in the world with the courage to stand up to the lummocking great bully that is America. Shame my country can't do the same and give the USA the middle finger
My country (Chile) gave USA the middle finger in the war against irak. It opposed with no exception and no remorse. What happened? nothing. USA is still a "friend" of my country and we all get along....it's just that my country does not justify violence of any kind.
Yeah, I'm sure we could have won it without America's help.I like Russia's attitude. They are one of the few countries in the world with the courage to stand up to the lummocking great bully that is America. Shame my country can't do the same and give the USA the middle finger
My country (Chile) gave USA the middle finger in the war against irak. It opposed with no exception and no remorse. What happened? nothing. USA is still a "friend" of my country and we all get along....it's just that my country does not justify violence of any kind.

• 2 weeks later...