<key>Protocol Characteristics</key>

<dict>

<key>Physical Interconnect</key>

<string>SATA</string>

<key>Physical Interconnect Location</key>

<string>Internal</string>

</dict>

I must say "thnx to kalyway and iNDi" for this,

Boot works also in USB pen drive but just after the first install... so dont use it at first time.

WE miss to install the audio, but we can always put those kext who arent working out o f the box, inside the extra kext folder for keep the extensions folder like a real mac.

All is working fine, sleep, TM, and more...

Sweet, that would make it easy for me to ;)

then all i have to figure out is hot to get the 3870x2 to work in 10.5.3 and 10.5.4 i can only get it to work in 10.5.2, but even then, this install method would be a beloved setup :D

Dennis

22/07/2008

time to update this tread with all you need and make clear some things

ISO FOR USE TO INSTALL THE RETAIL LEOPARD DVD 10.5 + UPDATE YOUR LEO to 10.5.4 from internet using the apple software update tool without any problem:

http://www.mediafire.com/?gmwgcwrvjgg

PAY ATTENTION MAYBE YOU MUST PUT IN YOUR BIOS UNDER CPU CONFIGURATION THE MAX CPU VALUE LIMIT to [DISABLED] and then ENABLE it after the successfull Leopard install (under verify)

ISOS TO USE AS BOOTLOADER 132 AFTER THE 10.5.4 UPDATE:

07/12/2008:

Added HDAenabler (thnx to Kabyl), IOAHCIfamily, IOnetworkingfamily, Chun-nan PS2/USB kexts for mause and keyboard, JMicronATA and more...

http://rapidshare.com/files/129023748/BURNME.iso.html

22/07/2008

Another version with the SMBIOSResolver.kext (SDRAM memory bug but wrks fine in all) THNX to SUPERHAI (www.superhai.com), it works with original applesmbios FROM 10.5.2 and up

http://www.mediafire.com/?6j9wcsxszlz

With those isos you can install the retail leopard, run it and keep your extensions folder like the original macs computers, thnx to GALAXY for his work "the ramdisk is dammn fast", thnx to the others for this fantastic bootloader ( def, kabyl, zef, bumby and all the chameleon gang!)

After the first update for e.g. from 10.5 to 10.5.4 (YES NOW U CAN!!) simply reboot and use the other iso.

After the 10.5.x update you will lost the QE on video card... reinstall it, be carefull to delete the old drivers before reintall, reinstall repair permission.

AUdio package installer for asus p5w dh deluxe : http://rapidshare.com/files/128111193/AUDIO.mpkg.zip.html

BIOS SETUP ver.2704

IN MAIN MENU:

-IDE in AHCI mode, ALPE and ASP Disabled

MENU ADVANCED, CPU CONFIGURATION

-MODIFY RATIO SUPPORT [DISABLED]

-MICROCODE UPDATION [ENABLED]

-MAX CPU VALUE LIMIT [ENABLED]

-EXECUTE DISABLED FUNCTION [ENABLED]

-ENHANCED C1 CONTROL [AUTO]

-VIRTUALIZATION TECHNOLY [ENABLED]

-INTEL SPEEDSTEP TECHNOLOGY [DISABLED]

MENU ADVANCED, CHIPSET MENU

-MEMORY REMAP FUTURE [ENABLED]

MENU POWER-SUSPEND MODE [s3 ONLY]

-RESPOST VIDEO ON S3 RESUME [YES]

-ACPI 2.0 SUPPORT [YES]

-ACPI APIC SUPPORT [YES]

MENU POWER, APM CONFIGURATION

Set the ps2 keyboard to awake from sleep with your pref button like space bar, CTRL esc etc... make your choice i used SPACE BAR

-Power on by ps2 mouse [ENABLED]

22/07/2008 BOOT FROM HARD DISK!!

ONLY AFTER THE RETAIL INSTALL USING THE FIRST CD BOOTLOADER....

FROM KALYWAY:

Download link : Chameleon_DFE_for_Hard_Disk.zip --->http://tinyurl.com/6je4eh

1 - Copy the contents of your "Extra" folder to "Extra Contents" directory link !!!

2- then run Chameleon_DFE_for_Hard_Disk.pkg and install it to your hard disk !!!

your are done ! now no need to use dfe 132 cd to boot your hd !!

enjoy!!

by kalyway !

COPY FROM THE CDBOOT ONLY THE MKEXT FILE ON THE INITRD:IMG (mount it)

IT WORKS FINE

About the kexts, SMBIOSresolver has a bug, for a moment not show the right memory setup, Superhai will make the nfo.plist editable for put it the correct value.

Ethernet works out from the box, because is the same chipset of some mac motherboards!

Audio for a moment i added a nice package install for the RT 882 chipset

Video i cant add nothing because it dependend by your videocard installed, check this section video drivers, iv installed kvush for nvidia...

Ethernet works out from the box, because is the same chipset of some mac motherboards!

Audio for a moment i added a nice package install for the RT 882 chipset

Video i cant add nothing because it dependend by your videocard installed, check this section video drivers, iv installed kvush for nvidia...

macita,

Thanks for the links and all the info! I also have the same motherboard.

One question,

Do you have to install an EFI v.8 patch??

many thanks,

Miro

macita,

Thanks for the links and all the info! I also have the same motherboard.

One question,

Do you have to install an EFI v.8 patch??

many thanks,

Miro

No, efi v.8 patch no needs to be installed, is chameleon efi inside the bootloader, if u want, at the end of the upgrade from apple site u can install efi or chameleon for boot from hdd but you must to add all the kexts inside the initdr.img to the system/library/extensions...

The most easy and quickly way is install the chameleon packager that for me is quite better then EFI v.8

Remember that at next Apple update you must reinstall for sure audio and video ...if not efi nject.... the usual fixes post update :huh:

No, efi v.8 patch no needs to be installed, is chameleon efi inside the bootloader, if u want, at the end of the upgrade from apple site u can install efi or chameleon for boot from hdd but you must to add all the kexts inside the initdr.img to the system/library/extensions...

The most easy and quickly way is install the chameleon packager that for me is quite better then EFI v.8

Remember that at next Apple update you must reinstall for sure audio and video ...if not efi nject.... the usual fixes post update :)

macita,

Not sure what you mean. You are saying I don't have to install EFI v.8, just the bootloader 123 and then install Leopard retail? So I don't ever have to install EFI v.8, just the video and audio drivers after updating 10.5 to 10.5.4. Is this right???

Many thanks again,

Miro

Macita, thanks for maintaining this thread. Another happy P5W user here.

I'm interested in the Boot-132 + Chameleon business. I've read the news thread (linked above), the Karakeeha1 thread, and a few others on installation, Chameleon, and Boot-132. I've got a couple of questions.

Do I need Boot-132?

I explain. I have two harddrives, let's call them 'Old' and 'New'. On Old I already have a working Kaly installation running. I'm hoping to get a vanilla installation running on New. Could I do the following:

• boot Old
  • format New
  • install Chameleon on New
  • install vanilla Mac OS X on New
  • remove/install proper P5W kext
  • reboot

Shouldn't that work?

Kalyway dvd is one of the best distro for our motherboard it allowas you to run EFI and Vanilla on your motherboard.

Vanilla is the name of the original leopard Kernel, can be used if you have an intel motherboard chipsets and Intel core 2 processor, so i cant understand why u must to do this double installation. At the end you will have a clone system. And how to update it then?

is more simple run 132 bootloader with the needed kexts , install retail dvd, do update system, install all the fixes/kexts in the SYSYTEM/LIBRARY/EXTENSIONS (simply copy the kexts from initdr.img on the bootloader iso), install audio, video and what you wnat..reboot (with 132 bootloader) try if all is wrking, at last install chameleon....

Hello,

Macita, thank you for your contribution :wacko:.

Could you tell me what kexts you installed in your extensions.mkext file? How can i uncompact (and create) mkext? I tried to do that with mkextunpack but i didn't succeed.

Hello,

Macita, thank you for your contribution :D.

Could you tell me what kexts you installed in your extensions.mkext file? How can i uncompact (and create) mkext? I tried to do that with mkextunpack but i didn't succeed.

will be in the new one...

AppleSMBIOS, Enabler and Disabler, decrypter, IOAHCIfamily, AHCIport, IOATAfamily, JMicronATA, ps2 and usb kexts for mouse and keyboard, and some others

I 'V used a script for make the iso.

Macita, when I insert the retail disc it loads to the gray apple and then does a kernel panic, do you think this can be fixed with a BIOS update? I am currently on revision 2602 and the newest one is 2704. (Using your P5W ISO by the way)

Macita, when I insert the retail disc it loads to the gray apple and then does a kernel panic, do you think this can be fixed with a BIOS update? I am currently on revision 2602 and the newest one is 2704. (Using your P5W ISO by the way)

is a bad setup in to the BIOS, im sure it is!My BIOS SETUP CONFIGURATION using 2704 BIOS (what is important)

IN MAIN MENU:

-IDE in AHCI mode, ALPE and ASP Disabled

MENU ADVANCED, CPU CONFIGURATION

-MODIFY RATIO SUPPORT [DISABLED]

-MICROCODE UPDATION [ENABLED]

-MAX CPU VALUE LIMIT [ENABLED]

-EXECUTE DISABLED FUNCTION [ENABLED]

-ENHANCED C1 CONTROL [AUTO]

-VIRTUALIZATION TECHNOLY [ENABLED]

-INTEL SPEEDSTEP TECHNOLOGY [DISABLED]

MENU ADVANCED, CHIPSET MENU

-MEMORY REMAP FUTURE [ENABLED]

MENU POWER-SUSPEND MODE [s3 ONLY]

-RESPOST VIDEO ON S3 RESUME [YES]

-ACPI 2.0 SUPPORT [YES]

-ACPI APIC SUPPORT [YES]

MENU POWER, APM CONFIGURATION

Set the ps2 keyboard to awake from sleep with your pref button like space bar, CTRL esc etc... make your choice i used SPACE BAR

-Power on by ps2 mouse [ENABLED]

Is there a way to install a new Bootloader 132 without reinstall OS X and format whole HDD? Beacause I've just installed all applications and set it up. I don't wanna bother with that again....

Currently running 10.5.2 (Vanilla)

Thx! :)

is a bad setup in to the BIOS, im sure it is!My BIOS SETUP CONFIGURATION using 2704 BIOS (what is important)

I have the same exact board, reset my bios EXACTLY as described above and tried to boot from CD. But everytime I switch over to start booting the Leopard install disk, it only gets part way and then I get the "You need to restart your computer..." System Error. Only thing I do with the hard disk is to format with GUID partition. Any ideas?