Asus P5W DH Deluxe thread for 10.5.x Leo - 10.9.x Mavericks

G5rocks

1,494 posts in this topic

I have the same exact board, reset my bios EXACTLY as described above and tried to boot from CD. But everytime I switch over to start booting the Leopard install disk, it only gets part way and then I get the "You need to restart your computer..." System Error. Only thing I do with the hard disk is to format with GUID partition. Any ideas?

uhmmm sounds so strange, verify your DVD retail install, must be a dual layer DVD, not the recovery....

I have the same ASUS P5W DH motherboard but am currently using an older BIOS, installed using Kalyway 10.5.2 bootdisk + hacked 10.5.3 comboupdate + Genuine Apple 10.5.4 online update. The Kalyway 10.5.2 disk I used installed to a finished desktop in one go with most things working 100% for me. I might have to have a go with this ISO posted by macita at #409 and see if I can boot from it and get a retail vanilla install on another partition updated to 10.5.4 with the same level of stuff working [albeit with one or two extra kexts required from the Kalyway disk I suspect ...]

What I would now love to see is an all-in-one easy ISO boot image which contains an installer assistant to build the basic bootloaders and retail image onto any partition and then also a post-install assistant with the various tools required to add and fix all the other bits that most hackintoshes require after a retail vanilla install such as PC_EFI/Chameleon, DSMOS/Kernel/ACPI/AHCI/power/etc. tweaks and the various fixed driver kext install packages for those whose hardware slightly differs from real macs ... once I get comfortable using the 10.5 retail image I will be paying for more genuine copies of it methinks :blink:

Hi Bob, this DVD that u want sounds like a dream! :P

Kalyway 10.5.2 wrks like a charm in to asus p5wdh...just miss some kext like time machine fix (cant find volume for backup) ...

btw if u want to awake from sleep look in my bios setup in power management!

ISO IS THERE!

UPDATE 07/12/2008:

Added HDAenabler (thnx to Kabyl), IOAHCIfamily, IOnetworkingfamily, Chun-nan PS2/USB kexts for mause and keyboard, JMicronATA and more...

http://rapidshare.com/files/129023748/BURNME.iso.html

With this you can boot with a retail leopard dvd, thnx to GALAXY for his work "the ramdisk is dammn fast", thnx to the others for this fantastic bootloader ( def, kabyl, zef, bumby)

After the first update for e.g. from 10.5 to 10.5.4 (YES NOW U CAN!!) simply reboot.

After the 10.5.x update you will lost the QE on video card... reinstall it, be carefull to delete the old drivers before reintall, reinstall repair permission.

AUdio package installer for asus p5w dh deluxe : http://rapidshare.com/files/128111193/AUDIO.mpkg.zip.html

BIOS SETUP ver.2704

IN MAIN MENU:

-IDE in AHCI mode, ALPE and ASP Disabled

MENU ADVANCED, CPU CONFIGURATION

-MODIFY RATIO SUPPORT [DISABLED]

-MICROCODE UPDATION [ENABLED]

-MAX CPU VALUE LIMIT [ENABLED]

-EXECUTE DISABLED FUNCTION [ENABLED]

-ENHANCED C1 CONTROL [AUTO]

-VIRTUALIZATION TECHNOLY [ENABLED]

-INTEL SPEEDSTEP TECHNOLOGY [DISABLED]

MENU ADVANCED, CHIPSET MENU

-MEMORY REMAP FUTURE [ENABLED]

MENU POWER-SUSPEND MODE [s3 ONLY]

-RESPOST VIDEO ON S3 RESUME [YES]

-ACPI 2.0 SUPPORT [YES]

-ACPI APIC SUPPORT [YES]

MENU POWER, APM CONFIGURATION

Set the ps2 keyboard to awake from sleep with your pref button like space bar, CTRL esc etc... make your choice i used SPACE BAR

-Power on by ps2 mouse [ENABLED]

i have the Asus Striker II Formula MB i have mac installed 10.5.2 but its really crappy/buggy i was hopeing to get some guidence on how to make an iso for my board i know there are issues to get the ethernet and sata working but i have got an ide hdd and rtl8139 lan card. MB chipset is 780i and Sata controller is jemicorn so can u help me out by making an iso for me. :P . also would be gr8 if u can tell me what bios settings to use here is a link to the MB manual http://dlsvr04.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket...anual_E3611.zip or for other languages http://support.asus.com/download/download....%20II%20Formula

Anyone got the ASUS remote control thing to work on OSX? What about the variable/speedstep/quietCPU BIOS fan speed stuff?

I will try updating my BIOS to a later version and use the exact same BIOS settings to see if I can get my machine to run the fans slower and wake from sleep properly. I strongly suspect that in order for any system to properly hibernate (i.e. suspend to disk not just RAM) the graphics and disks might need to use good drivers as I have had interesting results on this motherboard when hibernating other operating systems with different graphics chipsets/drivers and RAID setups. If I have any success I will post a guide...

I am looking forward to trying to build a retail-booting ISO that contains all the correct drivers for as much hardware as possible and maybe add the excellent PCWiz OSx86Tools and Netkas' GFXUtil too with some PDF tutorials based on all the excellent info on these forums... then host on the bay and the demon for all to share :tomato:

Great tools links -

http://######.com/osx86tools/

http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,64.0.html

i have the Asus Striker II Formula MB i have mac installed 10.5.2 but its really crappy/buggy i was hopeing to get some guidence on how to make an iso for my board i know there are issues to get the ethernet and sata working but i have got an ide hdd and rtl8139 lan card. MB chipset is 780i and Sata controller is jemicorn so can u help me out by making an iso for me. ;) . also would be gr8 if u can tell me what bios settings to use here is a link to the MB manual http://dlsvr04.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket...anual_E3611.zip or for other languages http://support.asus.com/download/download....%20II%20Formula

i cant make miracles, i only know how to make an iso with the right kexts because i know what my motherboard needs... if u can find your kext i can make an iso...

Anyone got the ASUS remote control thing to work on OSX? What about the variable/speedstep/quietCPU BIOS fan speed stuff?

I will try updating my BIOS to a later version and use the exact same BIOS settings to see if I can get my machine to run the fans slower and wake from sleep properly. I strongly suspect that in order for any system to properly hibernate (i.e. suspend to disk not just RAM) the graphics and disks might need to use good drivers as I have had interesting results on this motherboard when hibernating other operating systems with different graphics chipsets/drivers and RAID setups. If I have any success I will post a guide...

I am looking forward to trying to build a retail-booting ISO that contains all the correct drivers for as much hardware as possible and maybe add the excellent PCWiz OSx86Tools and Netkas' GFXUtil too with some PDF tutorials based on all the excellent info on these forums... then host on the bay and the demon for all to share :)

Great tools links -

http://######.com/osx86tools/

http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,64.0.html

yeah would be nice.

Macita< I need your help, I have been reading for a couple days, because I have ASUS P5W DH Deluxe, I used Burme.iso from #409, retail leopard double layer, Bios 2704 follow your configuration and steps.

And get stuck in the screen, with the apple, Mac OS X, Use English for the main Language.

the cursor in the lest top corner of the screen. I can't move it, the same with the key board.

What I should do to get the mouse and key board to work to finish the installation.

please help

Macita< I need your help, I have been reading for a couple days, because I have ASUS P5W DH Deluxe, I used Burme.iso from #409, retail leopard double layer, Bios 2704 follow your configuration and steps.

And get stuck in the screen, with the apple, Mac OS X, Use English for the main Language.

the cursor in the lest top corner of the screen. I can't move it, the same with the key board.

What I should do to get the mouse and key board to work to finish the installation.

please help

usb or ps2?

Yes, you should use a USB keyboard and mouse (like real macs do...) or add the kexts for ps2 ones (which I believe the 10.5.4 update removes functions for or something). I also use the Apple bluetooth keyboard and a Microsoft bluetooth mouse (with a D-Link D-120 dongle) but only after I have the wired USB ones working first ...

Can anyone tell me why i can load osx using the iso for the p5w in this thread. But when i pack my own using galaxy i get the grey panic kernal when i try to do a new fresh install. but i can repack with my kexts on a disk after install with my rtl drivers and it works find with rtl support? Can i make one disk using galaxy with all my kexts on it or is it the rtl8187 kext that is causing the panic? Also if i load using the iso for the p5w and try to use the rtl installer it does not work???? Stumped

Thanks,

Nick

Hi marcita- thanx so lot for your brilliant iso. The only prob I had, was to get QE again. I deleted and reinstalled NVinject.kext for may 7600 GS but no QE. Than i found this tip http://nvinject.free.fr/forums/viewtopic.php?t=435. Now QE is back.

Coolio

Now see, if you have used EFI strings like I did for my 8800GT, you would have had QE the whole time. As long as nothing overwrites my com.apple.Boot.plist file, I'm golden.

Hello to all of you, I am currently having a problem with my energy saving mode and I hope someone can help me.

When I click on "Sleep" from the top-left apple icon menu, my computer is going to sleep without any problem. I push the power button on my case and Leopard is coming back without any problem.

But the thing is, if I go in Energy Saver in the System Preferences and try to put my computer to sleep in X minutes, it doesn't work, only my monitor is going to sleep. I also tried to schedule a sleep in 5 minutes and it doesn't work. Can someone tell why the system is not able to automatically going to sleep ?

I have a p5w dh deluxe with bios v2602 (not the latest since it only add support for more cpus) with the settings from the previous page of this thread (except repost video on s3 resume because it wasn't working for me) , 4 gb, q6600, x1900xtx. I first installed kalyway 10.5.1, then update with kalyway 10.5.2, kalyway 10.5.3 and apple original 10.5.4.

Before that, I also had a weird behaviour with the sleep mode by manually asking for it. When I was coming back from sleep my IDE HDDs (on jmicron controller) were unmounting themselves. But for now, I disabled the controller in the bios.

Any one have a hint? Thanks.

it seems that the SMBIOSResolver.kext and the DECRYPT.kext are speeding up the system..... verbose mode is on by default, im getting some nfos to rid from it!

i updated the iso with a new one (be carefull SMBIOSResolver wrks with original applesmbios from 10.5.2 and +)

is it to use after the retail install and update... i dont tested it for retail install, and i dunno if it will works, (original applesmbios 10.5.2 is not included on it) so use it post install+update

macita--

i too am getting gray "restart your computer" screen with the burnme.iso. I copied BIOS settings exactly and I have the correct retail DVD. Could there be other BIOS settings that are important too? I can't think what the difference would be for the people it works for and the people it doesn't.

macita--

i too am getting gray "restart your computer" screen with the burnme.iso. I copied BIOS settings exactly and I have the correct retail DVD. Could there be other BIOS settings that are important too? I can't think what the difference would be for the people it works for and the people it doesn't.

Did you try the first iso not the last one?

Now we can boot directly from hard disk.... thanks to kalyway!

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...0&start=340

Thanks for the answer. I already tried to kill all unnecessary process, without any results.

I have solved my problem. In Terminal I had to play with the pmset command. womp and ttyskeepawake were activated. I disabled it and it's now working. When I write pmset -g in terminal I now have this :

Active Profiles:

AC Power -1*

Currently in use:

sleep 3

displaysleep 1

powerbutton 1

hibernatefile /var/vw/sleepimage

hibernatemode 1

womp 0

disksleep 2

ttyskeepawake 0

This sounds like a bad setup in your BIOS.

PM me all your BIOS setup please, take pen and paper write down all, ill check it and compare with mine.

MAYBE I MISS ONE STEP FOR THE INSTALL!

OK SO FOR BOOT AND INSTALL LEO FOR THE FIRST TIME! (once that u install leopard you can set back to enable)

ON CPU CONFIGURATION:

put:

Max CPUID Value Limit: [DISABLED]

then set back to enable once you have reinstalled LEOPARD!

pls send me feedback if it wrks!

i dont remember if also the Speedstep must be disabled...so try the Max CPUID first ;)