Mac OS X Leopard GM Final 9A581 Kernel Patch (INTEL/AMD/NO-HPET/NO-NX/SSE2)

59 posts in this topic

If you think that people who can even patch a DVD are going to start making there own kernels YOU ARE WRONG.LOL come Some People Cant even Follow Simple Guides to get OsX86 on there Own PC's.And Never Use Google.

HAHAH Good point I didn't even think of that LOL!! Looks like I'm the clown :)

I'm sorry for the dense question but if I understand correctly: When I get my retail copy of Leopard all I have to do is apply this patch and then I'll be able to install it on my hack? or do I have to get a different image for this to work?

k, I patched the kernel as per the included instructions and have the created hacked file.

Now what?

Do I need to inject it into a Leopard DVD DMG, if so, rename it, keep it named what it is, ????

FYI, you gotta edit the Could someone please post addition step by step directions.

I assume this patch/hack is to make a Leopard DVD install on non-Apple hardware.

If indeed it is, and it works, one might think that a tad more instructions might help, unless this is just for the super duper high end guru's, and not for us low end newbies that have crossed the line and become Apple newbies.

By the way, you gotta patch/modify the patcher.sh file to point to the path embedded in the file with user info, etc.

Sure a true hacker cracker might know, but let's share here...k?

I'm sorry for the dense question but if I understand correctly: When I get my retail copy of Leopard all I have to do is apply this patch and then I'll be able to install it on my hack? or do I have to get a different image for this to work?

I have the same question; Is this really all there is to it :rolleyes:? BrazilMac's method for example is much more involved, but no SSE2 support as yet - It involves its own (cut down in size too I might add) DVD too, not the retail :S.

EDIT: I think one way would be to use the BrazilMac DVD and replace the kernel with this one for SSE2 users, otherwise you could use it by default (Supporting SSE3)

Sup everyone -

I took this as replacing the kernel into the leopard iso that you make after following the Brazil Mac's guide. I am trying it now, and will post later if any progress.

I tried BrazilMac's guide without modifying any kernel, I got it to boot but it reboot the machine after trying to load something and stopped. Hopefully with this hacked kernel it will allow me to go further in the installation process.

Crossing fingers....X

EDIT: OMG, initial progress had shown...basically I am now able to boot into the installer, haven't installed yet because I'm preparing my partition now....but my lappy is a Dell 9300 SSE2, could this be real? Updates later....

Great! Anyone know when an actual packaged installer/DVD will be out for Intel, AMD, SSE2 & SSE3 cpus available for download (so all you have to do is burn and install?) I read later tonight somewhere, but does anyone know if this is true?

So I've already obtained a copy of Leopard, and I'm currently running Tiger on a partition on my Macintoshiba. I'd really like to upgrade to Leopard, but therein lies the problem. Everyone is installing Leopard on their hackintosh', and I've no doubt I would be able to do so myself, but thus far all the methods I've seen involve setting up yet another partition and installing leopard to it cleanly, rather than simply upgrading Tiger. If I were to patch my install dvd and then run it and attempt to install to the partition Tiger is on, would it upgrade, or would I end up with kernel screwageness?

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks!! :)

A clean install means facing the pain of backing up my files, re-installing Creative Suite 3, and ~groan~ kexts to get sound and ethernet running... maybe I'll just be patient.. meh. Thanks anywho...

In an unrelated note, I've been kind of curious as to whether or not Leopard came with support for the Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG... I know its a stretch, but the possiblity was enough to peak my interest since Apple is slowly moving toward support for more hardware and The 3945ABG is pretty standard issue. Anybody know?

Any success stories ... ? Btw, I got this from some other place, Thanks to the original poster...

HOW TO MAKE SL-DVD if you have DL image

You need:

1. Leopard dmg image (6.6Gb)

2. A blank DVD

3. 17 Gb of harddisk space

HowTo:

1. Mount Leopard DMG

2. Open Disc Utility

3. Click on New Image

4. Name the image as temp (save to desktop)

5. Put the type as sparse image

6. Put the size 8Gb, and click create

7. Mount "temp.sparse"

8. In disc utility, select the temp image and click the restore tab

9. Drag the mounted OS X Install DVD to the Source field

10. Drag the mounted temp to the Destination field

11. Click Restore and wait

12. Once that is done, open the temp mounted image

13. Remove the X11 Tools under Optional Installs

14. Use Finder's "Go to Folder" and type: /Volumes/dump/System

15. Go to Installation -> Packages

16. Remove anything that has Printer in it

17. Remove languages that you do not need

19. Return to Disc Utility

20. Click on New Image

21. Name the image as burn (save on desktop)

22. Put the type as sparse image

23. Put the size 4.7Gb, and click create

24. Select the burn image and click the Restore tab

25. Drag the mounted temp to the Source field

26. Drag the mounted burn to the Destination field

27. Click Restore and wait

28. Once done, burn it to DVD

I just checked this archive. I can confirm it doesnt have any Apple copyrighted materials.

That does not make it legal to post in the USA.

But if Apple find it objectionable, they will probably just ask the admins to remove the link.

Is this possible to install off an external drive (if the pc boots off usb devices). That way we don't have to burn the dvd and what not, or if the machine doesnt have a dvd drive.

Sure, but USB booting might be quirky.

Another way to go is to restore the Leopard install disk image to a hard drive partition.

I'm trying to patch kernel using my dualG5 but there seems to be something wrong with my sdelta3. It cannot be executed... any ideas?

Making sdelta3 runnable

Lipoing, if it errors, it could possibly be okay.

Patching mach_kernel.i386 into mach_kernel.hacked

patcher.sh: line 17: /Users/user/Desktop/581_AMD_Intel_SSE2_SSE3_Kernel_Patcher/sdelta3: cannot execute binary file

Removing mach_kernel.i386

-------------------------------------------------

Patched, the new file is called mach_kernel.hacked

To check the validity, here is the md5 of mach_kernel.hacked

MD5 (/Users/user/Desktop/581_AMD_Intel_SSE2_SSE3_Kernel_Patcher/mach_kernel.hacked) = d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e

The md5 just printed should be e7b6a81058f10e3199b9e07b9d5f8464If not, then something went wrong, so try again.

Done!

it seems it doesn't work on PPC... can someone please send me patched kernel on easyviber (at) gmail.com?

so. SSE2 with SSE3 emulation? Does this mean that with my SSE3 Athlon 64, it will be emulating the SSE3 stuff?

haha I have this doubt also. if using this patched kernel on Athlon64 (which, has SSE3 natively), will the kernel force the SSE3 instruction to be processed by SSE3 emulation?

Thanks!