I am lonely

173 posts in this topic

I listen to Classical music all the time and read a lot of stuff in Wikipedia (ranging in topics from the Universe to the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World). Last year, a teacher asked how far is the Sun from the earth and nobody raised their hand except me. I answered 93 million miles and it was the correct answer.

I listen to Classical music all the time and read a lot of stuff in Wikipedia (ranging in topics from the Universe to the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World). Last year, a teacher asked how far is the Sun from the earth and nobody raised their hand except me. I answered 93 million miles and it was the correct answer.

I'll never stress enough what I wrote in post #63: start helping people and being nice to them, people of any age and both genders. Be tolerant, compassionate and open minded. With other words, start using your heart. You seem to use only your mind (which would make you a boring person). This advice comes from a counsellor (me) with decades of experience, especially with young people. I am Person-centered and Psychosynthesis oriented:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Person-centered_psychotherapy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychosynthesis

http://two.not2.org/psychosynthesis/

Yami, in all honesty, I'm not trying to a {censored} or anything but you sound like your depressed. Rather than ask that questions of the people here in this forum, try and talk to the guidance counselor or someone in a similar position that you would trust. They will be willing to help you. If you open up, they should do the same for you in return.

You sound like a smart person but just need a little 'nudge'. :D You'll get it figured out. And remember, your 15! There's plenty of life ahead of you. My 2 cents...don't do drugs or any stupid {censored} like that...find a really interesting hobby. You mentioned fishing...maybe expand upon that (like hunting or hiking to get to a better fishing spot).

Finally, kudos to you for knowing that answer in class! Let your friends watch VH1 and MTV...you'll probably be getting the scholarship! :D Good luck to you.

don't do drugs or any stupid {censored} like that..

I never did drugs and never will. I have good grades in school and haven't missed a single day yet this school year. I always like to read interesting topics and like to listen to nice relaxing music.

What on Earth has the music you listen to got to do with maintaining relationships? Sure, you might meet people at a gig, and you might even find that there's more chance you get on better with people who have similar musical taste to yourself, but I can't see how listening to classical music makes you any more or less of a socially-capable person.

Most of these suggestions are stupid. You don't need to take drugs or drink to fit in. The only reason you should do any of those things is because you want to and enjoy the effects. The same is true of almost anything in life.

Just be yourself, and one day you'll happen upon the right person for you. The chances are if you've never been in a relationship yet that you probably don't even know what kind of person you like; or necessarily even your orientation. Don't feel pressurised into having a relationship just because your peers are and you want to keep up. You'll only ever be miserable if you try and push your way into a relationship that isn't right for you.

I met my current girlfriend about 3 1/2 years ago and we've been living together for a year and a half now. We're both 19; so I hope I was lucky enough to find my 'right' person so young... I had a few relationships prior to that and all ended cordially and my exes are my good friends today. I know a lot of people (especially young people) who've got into relationships and really weren't 'right' for each-other at all. That usually ends fairly acrimoniously!

Azurael

Trouble is, he isn't just looking for a girlfriend. He feels lonely, and he feels lonely now. To be quite honest I am beginning to understand why nobody wants to be his friend.Who wants a friend with such a bloated ego? A "look at how perfect I am" kind of person?

I would like a girl who likes and/or does the stuff I like/do.
You want a clone of yourself. That is not called love, that is called narcissism (you like only yourself)

I've never heard him say that Alessandro17. And guys quit beating down that he goes to church. If that's is what he does then fine. Let him do it.

Yami: everyone (including me) has just about said something about "get a girl." But I have to agree with Azurael. Don't push it.

I've never heard him say that Alessandro17.

People don't come over to my house a lot, I am alone a lot, I don't go to malls to hang out with friends, I don't watch a lot of TV and I don't have a lot of parties. All I do is spend a lot of time on my MacBook, go to school and go to church. That's pretty much it. Any advice on what to change or do?

Sorry Alessandro I was talking about when you said

I am beginning to understand why nobody wants to be his friend.Who wants a friend with such a bloated ego? A "look at how perfect I am" kind of person?

I never really heard him say he had a bloated ego......sorta sounds like the opposite.

While people don't seem to agree that I have done a lot of help here, whatever. Dude, don't give up like that. That is just making you think that you are worse and worse until you don't even want to come out of your room. That is the worst thing you can say. When he said he wanted a girlfriend that is in to the same stuff as him, that means he wants to do stuff with someone. Learn to read in between the lines ;) Alessandro17, I don't think you are correct in that last post.

Okay, Yami I can see when someone is depressed, which it sounded like you were, but don't try to throw us a pity-party, honestly there are children starving in Africa. (Cliché? I think not! Not!)

I wasn't trying to beat him down I'm just saying his last post did have that sort of ring to it.

Yami, you're the one that is going to get yourself going. You seem quiet to me. I find that the good girls DIG that. Sure it seems like that the really loud and funny guys are the ones that get the good stuff, but a lot of the time those girls aren't good relationship material. Just be yourself around them.

Here, try this tomorrow: Find a girl that you know somewhat, and all I want you to do is ask them one question. Doesn't matter what it is just ask them a question. Ask them about something their shirt says. Ask them about a sport they play. Ask them if they have ________ for English or ________ for Math. Just try it.

Well if I have been implying that I am genuinely sorry Yami. I think you got some pretty sweet stuff going on. I mean how many teenage guys like listening to classical music, eating fruit for their snacks, and going to church. That's awesome.

Keep it real!

I would like a girl who likes and/or does the stuff I like/do.

i have noticed that relationships between people who have the same opinions, and like rto do the exact same things usualy turn out very boring and end quickly