[HOW TO] ATI Radeon HD2600 Series for Hackintosh

exodus_xt

283 posts in this topic

I install triakis driver. Right after the grey screen with an apple there is a blue screen for second and the image is displayed on the external monitor (VGA) automatically. Video detected as ATI Radeon HD 2600, with hardware QE/CI support. Driver is working. but only on external monitor.

if not connected external monitor, on the screen black-grey lines.

Help me with internal (LCD) laptop display!

Hi,

I have the Gigabyte HD 2600 Pro 512 MB with ID 9589, passive Cooling.

Have installed at first Driver from Netkas, then LasExile's Patch for the white Menüs. And then Triakis Solution for DVI. All works great!

i have some curious things, when i watch videos: There are sometimes some lines in the screen, very short, they come and disappear.

And this appears the last 1 week: There Black Screens in the Videos, 1 second long the Videos. Can someone report the same things?

KS

My Config:

Kalyway 10.5.1 Leopard

Gigabyte GA P35-DS4

Gigabyte HD Radeon 2600 Pro with DVI

Hello,

i have the same probleme with my 2600xt passive cooling (MSI rx 2600xt) recordnised as 2600pro

i have sometimes a full black screen (1/2 sec), and my card is very very hot after 5-10 min !

It exist one solution for the probleme ?

(sorry for my english but i'm french)[/i]

Hello,

i have the same probleme with my 2600xt passive cooling (MSI rx 2600xt) recordnised as 2600pro

i have sometimes a full black screen (1/2 sec), and my card is very very hot after 5-10 min !

are you using 10.5.1 kexts or 10.5.2 ?

So we NEED to install first driver form netkas THEN triakis and then the patch? i only installed triakis and corrected the device id and still no joy

usig a radeon 2600 pro asus here

Fixed ;)

Hello,

Might be detected right in 10.5.2 since mac pro has a Radeon HD 2600 XT

I install radeon_hd_2600_2900 driver. The system was loaded well, but not detected display, 1024x768 and there is no ci / qe -_-

sorry for my english :D

Advise what driver to me to use and how to define my display?

are you using 10.5.1 kexts or 10.5.2 ?

i dont know ..., i use the triakis driver from netkas :(

"Triakis_2400_2600_2900_3800.zip"

Might be detected right in 10.5.2 since mac pro has a Radeon HD 2600 XT

yes, in the new macpro xeon, i wait the 10.5.2 update :P

I cross my fingers :) .

thanks a lot

If you have news please know ;)

-sorry for my english, but i'm french :/-

weird i have runing with lastexile help my 2600 pro, everything wprks perfect -including dvd player- except QE on the Second scree (CI is working perfect)

please any ideas?

hmmm very interesting

I installed the triakis driver for my hd2600xt 512MB and everything works perfect(with QE/CI, dvi) until i tried to launch toast 8, maya 2008, imovie8...none of them can be launched except imovie8 updated from apple. Anyone has similar experience? it seems something to do with QE/CI enabled programmes....

Hi, I have an ASUS EAH2600PRO (ATI Radeon HD 2600PRO @ 256MB , PCI-E), the graphics is working perfectly, I have both QE/CI, DVI and dual display is working too with some minor problems as can see, there are no problems running x264, xvid, dvds with VLC or QuickTime "without sound " :) or any other Leo/iLife '08 application.

What I did:

I downloaded and installed Triakis driver and OpenGL.Framework after update of Leo from ToH RC2 10.5 to 10.5.1,

"dont forget to add you DEV ID into info.plist in OpenGL.Framework"

Restarted and it's working perfectly

Hi, I have an ASUS EAH2600PRO (ATI Radeon HD 2600PRO @ 256MB , PCI-E), the graphics is working perfectly, I have both QE/CI, DVI and dual display is working too with some minor problems as can see, there are no problems running x264, xvid, dvds with VLC or QuickTime "without sound " :huh: or any other Leo/iLife '08 application.

What I did:

I downloaded and installed Triakis driver and OpenGL.Framework after update of Leo from ToH RC2 10.5 to 10.5.1,

"dont forget to add you DEV ID into info.plist in OpenGL.Framework"

Restarted and it's working perfectly

help? I have an ASUS EAH2600PRO, there are no problems running x264, xvid, dvds with VLC or QuickTime "without sound "

"dont forget to add you DEV ID into info.plist in OpenGL.Framework" - how?

another way : ;):):P

for me all is ok :

install first " Triakis_2400_2600_2900_3800.zip "

edit the info.plist inside /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000.kext

add your device Id for me : 0x95891002 (2600 pro...)

replace /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle by the one in the archive...

open the "Permission.command" file

type your password

after logout and restart...

it's ok !!!! (with dvi support... i have only a apple 20"lcd display...)

the only pb i have noticed : this graphic board is less powerful than my gforce 7600 GT...

2600_installer.zip