[HOW TO] ATI Radeon HD2600 Series for Hackintosh

exodus_xt

283 posts in this topic

chival4ry, The SAME here

All menus are white, text only appear briefly when I click mouse outside the menu to dispose it ...

Anyone knows a fix to this ?

System :

AMD Opteron 146 2G

HD 2600 PRO 256M DDRII

10.5.1 + pc_efi_v5.2

And if I install the patch on 10.5.0, menus are OK, resolution can change, but no QE/CI

Hi, all.

After installing radeon_hd_2600_2900.zip on 10.5.1-no_pc_efi, QE & CI works fine, but all the menus are "white".

How about you ?

chival4ry, The SAME here

All menus are white, text only appear briefly when I click mouse outside the menu to dispose it ...

Anyone knows a fix to this ?

System :

AMD Opteron 146 2G

HD 2600 PRO 256M DDRII

10.5.1 + pc_efi_v5.2

And if I install the patch on 10.5.0, menus are OK, resolution can change, but no QE/CI

On ATI Radeon HD pro you need to also replace ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle from older version of Leopard thats why you have white

Hi, lastExile, when you say "ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle from older version of Leopard", which one do you mean exactly ?

I dont have white menu in 10.5.0, so I copied ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle from 10.5.0 which is version 16 to replace the version 18 bundle in 10.5.1, but it still end up with white menus...

I tried to replace all ATIRadeonX2000GA.plugin, ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle, ATIRadeonX2000VADriver.bundle using 1.5.16 from 9A581, still white menus

Do you mean older leopard version than 10.5.0(9A581)? If so can you PM me a link or the exact version or something ?

Thanks !

Hi, lastExile, when you say "ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle from older version of Leopard", which one do you mean exactly ?

I dont have white menu in 10.5.0, so I copied ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle from 10.5.0 which is version 16 to replace the version 18 bundle in 10.5.1, but it still end up with white menus...

I tried to replace all ATIRadeonX2000GA.plugin, ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle, ATIRadeonX2000VADriver.bundle using 1.5.16 from 9A581, still white menus

Do you mean older leopard version than 10.5.0(9A581)? If so can you PM me a link or the exact version or something ?

Thanks !

Check your pm :angel:

DVI isnt that far away progress is made everyday i cant say when but i could say soon :D

This is encouraging :(

I have 10.4.10 ChaosX86 working great! Want to get Leo working. I have both Toh and Brazil...when I run install DVD and get to the part where screen should go blue to begin installation, my screeen goes to a million different colored dots. I can tell the install is still running, but I can't see anything because of the display...

I am doing a clean install in both cases...anyone run across this? I would love to try to install 10.5 but can't install because of the display issue with 2600XT.

Any help/advice?

Thanks!

/mdg.

This is encouraging :D

I have 10.4.10 ChaosX86 working great! Want to get Leo working. I have both Toh and Brazil...when I run install DVD and get to the part where screen should go blue to begin installation, my screeen goes to a million different colored dots. I can tell the install is still running, but I can't see anything because of the display...

I am doing a clean install in both cases...anyone run across this? I would love to try to install 10.5 but can't install because of the display issue with 2600XT.

Any help/advice?

Thanks!

/mdg.

Its because the device id is already in the kext on leopard. Try loading it in safe mode

Its because the device id is already in the kext on leopard. Try loading it in safe mode

I need to install it first...before I can load in safe mode, don't I?

I can't install because after about 15 mins and all the text portion of install, when it goes into the GUI portion of the install, the screen goes all nuts and I can't see anything. Any suggestions? Has "anyone" installed 10.5.x Leo with a HD 2600 XT card? If so, how did you do it?

Thanks!!

/mdg.

spacer.gif

I've had the same problem here w sapphire hd2600xt on gigabyte p35-ds3p.

With ToH on startup <F8>, then at prompt -v -x

With this no problems at all during installation.

I've still hard problems getting the partition activated thou.

EDIT: thix is what mdg meant: -x means safe mode;

btw. thx for the supplied drivers!

I need to install it first...before I can load in safe mode, don't I?

I can't install because after about 15 mins and all the text portion of install, when it goes into the GUI portion of the install, the screen goes all nuts and I can't see anything. Any suggestions? Has "anyone" installed 10.5.x Leo with a HD 2600 XT card? If so, how did you do it?

Thanks!!

/mdg.

spacer.gif

I've had the same problem here w sapphire hd2600xt on gigabyte p35-ds3p.

With ToH on startup <F8>, then at prompt -v -x

With this no problems at all during installation.

I've still hard problems getting the partition activated thou.

EDIT: thix is what mdg meant: -x means safe mode;

btw. thx for the supplied drivers!

My bad for not saying how :censored2: hit F8 before Apple logo and darwin prompt should come up and type -v -x

Thank you.

In the meantime I managed this with ToH's script, a bootloader & Brazil's post installtion patch.

Booting is not a problem anymore.

Now I'm hunting for a working realtek 889a sound solution and leo drivers for my T60 Thinkpad w ati1400 :)

Still many threads to read...

• 3 weeks later...

I have an ATI HD2600xt and followed netkas's guide and got my card working in Tiger with QE/CI but no dual display. My system profiler shows "second monitor not connected" but I have a monitor connected and dual head works fine in Windows. So, Tiger knows I have a dual head card it just can't detect the other display.

Any solution for this?

with the help from lastExile and cycloneFr (sorry if mispelled), i successfully get radeon 2600xt to hv dual screen (but still need dvi-to-vga adapter).

i'm not sure if i can share this directly (if not, pls delete this post, sorry once again lastExile and CycloneFr). I uploaded to rapidshare included files are ATY_Triakis.kext and Natit.kext (given by CycloneFr). I changed and renamed the compressed file coz original compressed file has wierd name (LOL).

http://rapidshare.com/files/79200262/2600xt.zip