[HOW TO] ATI Radeon HD2600 Series for Hackintosh

exodus_xt

283 posts in this topic

How about taking one for the team and writing up your own tutorial...???

Somewhat selfish, but thought I'd ask :)

if you wannt to have out of box suport for radeon HD2600 series, use this osx dvd: ChaOSX86, it is simple like that ;)

when you install osx just select Natit HD2600 kext

9715natit.jpg

Hi, I'm using a Toshiba laptop which has a mobile radoen HD 2600, no XT or Pro as suffix.

I've installed ToH version, and finally can boot with -x from HDD. If I boot directly, it's shows me a grey marl screen that can not show anything, but I can hear the audio from the speaker when first boot.

Is there anyone can tell me which kext should use for this GPU? The ID for this GPU is 0x95811002, I saw the ID in ToH's version's ATIRadoenX2000.kext, I think it's no need to add this ID to Info.plist file

Hi, I'm using a Toshiba laptop which has a mobile radoen HD 2600, no XT or Pro as suffix.

I've installed ToH version, and finally can boot with -x from HDD. If I boot directly, it's shows me a grey marl screen that can not show anything, but I can hear the audio from the speaker when first boot.

Is there anyone can tell me which kext should use for this GPU? The ID for this GPU is 0x95811002, I saw the ID in ToH's version's ATIRadoenX2000.kext, I think it's no need to add this ID to Info.plist file

yeh i'm in the same boat as this guy... i've got the same chip, same ven/dev id and same issue with the grey screen. Any help would be great!

Cheers.

after installing pkg (tiger) from irc, using -v boot able to see it successfully detected ATI Radeon 2600. but end up with an error :

com.apple.nibindd ..... 10 times and it's restarting itself

com.apple.kernelevenagent ....

com.apple.mDNSresponder ....

now it can't boot up

anything wrong with my installation process maybe?

I've d/l chaosx86 10.4.10 v5 dvd and select radeonhd by netkas still no success.

reading few post in this forum about running 1950xt or 1650xt in full ci and qe, manage to edit additional info on file and get black screen display (previously screen was turn off, no signal received by viewsonic lcd, even with dvi-to-vga adaptor) and after further modification w/ ATIRadeonX2000GA file and ATINDRV.kext, i manage to get scramble white screen w/ scramble lines.

I've done chown and chmod and repairpermissions but still no success.

so pls anyone w/ more info and detail tutorial help us here.

for additional info, jmicron installation in asus "p5b-vm do" now works with chaosx86 dvd v5 without the need of usb dvd rom.

I've successfully install chaosx86 10.4.10 v5 w/ usb dvd drive and surprisingly successful auto install radeonhd 2600xt.

in my previous post i wrote that installation can be done directly using SATA config to IDE and JMicron to Basic, but this doesn't detect the ATI 2600XT. So yesterday i've done another installation coz lastExile from irc has another way of installing the driver, and i give another try, and to my surprise i've done the installation using usb dvd drive, disable JMicron in bios, and immediately after install, a video of welcome in several languages flashing the screen running at 800x600 i think, after filling the details, i can change the resolution to 1680x1050 and viewsonic vg2030 profile is available as well.

all i can say, chaosx86 is working the best for me.

cheers

Just wanted to say that using this method, I was able to get my Radeon 2900XT 1GB working 100% including dual display and DVI output. This means full QE/CI/Rotation/Resolution, etc. The only thing that was needed was the ATY_Franklin.kext plugin from Leopard 9A527 in ATINDRV.kext. Apparently Apple took this out in the final build. As soon as I placed this file into my system, everything worked.

Mind sharing that information on how you got Full support :mellow:

I'm pretty sure that only the 2900XT is what uses the ATY_Franklin.kext which is not included in the final Leopard Build, but I could be wrong.

hi Black Knight,

Can you upload this kext to rapidshare?

I want to get my 2600XT works full with DVI.

Also, we would be very grateful if you share with us information about get working your card fully.

Tnx.

ATI RadeonHD 2600pro has now dual display working i have not tested if DVI works because i cant find the cable for it :)

What a bummer with no DVI...I have this card and can't wait to get DVI back again. I haven't used a VGA connection to a flat panel LCD in years and boy can I not wait to go back to DVI.

Eagerly avaiting some good news on HD 2600XT DVI support...

/mdg