[HOW TO] ATI Radeon HD2600 Series for Hackintosh

exodus_xt

283 posts in this topic

sudo -s

chmod -R 755 /Volumes/osxdisk/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX200.kext

chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/osxdisk/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX200.kext

kextload -t /Volumes/osxdisk/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX200.kext

kextcache -k /system/library/extensions

Also, next time you reboot, be sure to boot with a "-f" from your darwin bootloader to ignore previously cached kexts and rebuild your kext caches.

This worked for me

Do I use the same kext that hasn't been working before? Currently whenever I boot it says that the ATIRadeon2000.kext, ATINDRV.kext, and natit.kext (or whatever they are called) could not be used. Note that I didn't try your instructions yet. I'll do it tomorrow.

Do I use the same kext that hasn't been working before? Currently whenever I boot it says that the ATIRadeon2000.kext, ATINDRV.kext, and natit.kext (or whatever they are called) could not be used. Note that I didn't try your instructions yet. I'll do it tomorrow.

I have same same device Id as you 9589 and was following your posts.

I installed Triakis drivers when they came out and didn't know how to add device id, I followed your post of dragging ATIRadeon2000.kext to desktop, edit info.plist drag back to System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX200.kext repair permission, reboot.

Didn't work

Replaced original ATIRadeon2000.kext

Tried Natit.kext from netkas.org and white menu fix from irc.osx86.hu #HDRadeon

used nano to add device id, repair permission, reboot.

Didn't work

saw something about cleaning out kext cache and rebuilding kext files on osx86 scene

kextcache -k /system/library/extensions

Also, next time you reboot, be sure to boot with a "-f" from your darwin bootloader to ignore previously cached kexts and rebuild your kext caches.

This worked for me.

I appear to get full CI/QE,rotation change resolution on fly and wake from sleep seems to work now, Toast now works, coverflow in iTunes

hope it works for you

Nope. Didn't work. I still get the 'ATIx2000.kext' and the 'ATIRNDRV.kext' cannot be used errors upon each boot.

EDIT: Well now nothing is working, I'm getting the same exact results as with 10.5.0!!! I don't know what to do!

What I did today was install the new netit.kext from netkas.org, repaired permissions, reboot, and bam nothing!

Just using the new Natit from a few posts up worked great for me! Thats all I needed to do to get my MSI card to work Works like a charm! Even the Apple DVI-TVOut adapter works perfectly. Thanks a ton, especially you netkas for the TV adapter hint

I have installed new ati 2400 HD PCI-e graphics card and when i try to boot it just show loading darwin and few secs it reboot itself. Even i try to reinstalled from DVD same thing shows darwin and reboots. any solution for this.. if i removed new graphic card and try to run with onboard sis mirage 1 graphic card it works perfectly....

how to install driver for 2600Pro on Kalyway 10.5.2 + Kernal 9.2 + Graphich Update???

i don't know how to start this! Please tell me Step By Step. This 1st time for install driver 2600Pro for me.

Thank you.

p.s. sorry for not good language.

Hello, I tried to install this on my 10.4.11 with 8.10.1 kernel with kext helper for like 7 times but it isn't working, my card is recognized but isn't supporting QE/CI. My Device ID is 0x95891002 (ATi club 3D Radeon HD2600 Pro).

Please tell me what I need to do, I do have copied all the extensions and added mij devid to the Info.plist for ATIX2000.kext.

I didn't installed a new kernel beacaude then it crashes all the time and I could copy OpenGL.framework because it was in use.

I wan tto get it work because I bought this card just for QE/CI.

Please help me by PM or in this topic.

me too..

trying to install his radeon hd2600xt 256MB gddr4

recognised by using triakis, natit, but no QE/CI, anyboy can help?

Up to now ATI HD2600 can work via DVI--> external display only and you need using New Natit (20080226 or 20080223 version) from netkas.org and Leopard Graphic Update 1.0 (from Leopard 10.5.2), because it need Natit activate ATY_Lamna.kext (in /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Contents/PlugIns/ ).

I get the same issue except for when I load the ATI kexts on the installer which will give me a grey screen. Anyone?

I've read whole of the topic but it seems that no one got a problem like mine. I was installing iATKOS 1.02 and my HD2600XT. The OS was installed but after booting and going through the Apple screen, it showed up mess black bricks and white background (NOT black screen). Could anyone help me, plz

I have been trying to get this to work but can't seem to. I am using the video card listed in my sig. I am using Kalyway 10.5.1 and partitioning the drive as a whole GUID. After installation I just get a white screen with the black bricks or if I use the ATI kexts I will get a grey screen after the Apple logo window. I can't update to 10.5.2 because I can't see anything and I don't understand how to apple any kexts. If I start in safe mode it dies at the Apple logo window. What should I do?

I have ATI HD2600XT. I use Kalyway 10.5.1.

I can't make to my X86 Mac goes to sleep. It works fine thought, but when I press the power button to wake it up, video goes crazy so I can't see nothing except color lines.

Can anybody suggest me some solution?

If you can boot into safe mode install this.

http://www.rapidshare.com/files/101678828/Archive.zip

There are 2 installers.

1 is Natit kext installer

2 is a 5 second delay boot plist(you probably don't need this)

The Natit kext is GUARANTEED to work.(Well it should, works on my Xpert Vision 2600xt 512m PCI-E)

Does this work for a 2600PRO? I heard sometimes they have the same...stuffs (can't find the proper wording).

How would I go about getting into safe mode? I read I have to press shift...not sure when to do that.

Okay, I got mine to work. I used Rovershack's guide after doing a clean GUID install. This time it went to the bricks screen upon boot and I was able to restart using -x to safe boot. Replacing the kext worked great but everytime I would run the 10.5.2 update I would have to reapply the kext again to get it to work correctly. I am getting a a 3 second blue screen in between the Apple logo screen before it fades into the 10.5.2 screen.to drumthrasher109, I don't know what s going wrong with your card but I would highly suggest you look into purchasing the one that I have in my sig. This is the one that many people have made work so far and it is only $92 from newegg.com.on startup options press f8 then type -x and return at thee prompt.

Does this work for a 2600PRO? I heard sometimes they have the same...stuffs (can't find the proper wording).How would I go about getting into safe mode? I read I have to press shift...not sure when to do that.

Hi !

Did anyone managed to install a Sapphire Radeon HD2600XT 256MB AGP ?

VendorID: 0x95861002

After several trys, i got always errors.

With Natit i can change screen resolution and so on but no QE/CI.

With With some files of this thread i get QE/CI but also white menues. After "fixing" this with a white menue fix, i get a totally blue screen or other errors ....

Can anyone help me?