[HOW TO] ATI Radeon HD2600 Series for Hackintosh

exodus_xt

283 posts in this topic

ATI Radeon HD 2600 AGP Series 10.5.2 Testers needed

Ok so i fixed the AGP i still need the testers to confirm various things like bugs and how the installer goes

This is for ATI Radeon HD 2600 AGP with device id 9586 & 9587

ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro Device Id 9587

Download

ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT Device Id 9586

Download

AMD users might have minor bugs

Intel users should have less bugs

Report back

Thanks lastexile,

I have tried everthing, but now everthing is workink like a charm.

After installing I had to start in safe boot, repair and yes!!!!!!!!!!

Mine is 0x95871002 agp (ati sapphire 2600 pro )

grz Marco

Thanks lastexile,

I have tried everthing, but now everthing is workink like a charm.

After installing I had to start in safe boot, repair and yes!!!!!!!!!!

Mine is 0x95871002 agp (ati sapphire 2600 pro )

grz Marco

:(

I am very happy,

Before everthing works 1 time and after restart no Quartz supported.

Now boot after boot everthing supported : )

Iam using pentium 4 prescot 3Ghz , 2 gig Corsair. with Vista

lastExile, do you have the HD2600 Pro drivers for Tiger?

I need them because I can't get Leopard to work, it hangs on install.

Could you please sent me a link with the download if you have it?

i will see what i can do nothing 100%. im going to test them also but i know there was freeze problems on tiger

maybe i can fix them :)

Guest cavallo
I am writing this tutorial because I have received numberous PMs and no one seemed to have written much in clear details.This tutorial requires some knowledge of Mac OSX and it is NOT completely idiot proof :( I will not be providing any files, since they are not mine to give.If you want it to work, put in some effort :PAll Credits go to Netkas, for making this all possible!I will explain starting from a clean install, please read carefully.I used JaS 10.4.8 / 8.8.1 for SSe2 & SSe3, Updated to .9 & .10 respectively.At this stage, the Kernel has NOT been updated yet.Now download the latest Netkas package from IRC.(No, I will not send it to you sorry. It is not my file to give.)#RadeonHD on server irc.osx86.hu (refer to the topic)Upzip them all in the root of your OSX partition such as /2600XT/ which I will refer to from now on1, Updating the Kernelcopy the kernel and its respective kext over...do the following in terminal...sudo -scp -R /mach_kernel /oldcp -R /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext /backup/System.kextcp -R /2600XT/mach_kernel /cp -R /2600XT/Extenstions/System.kext /System/Library/Extensions/cp -R /2600XT/Extenstions/dsmos.kext /System/Library/Extensions/chown -R root:wheel /mach_kernelchmod -R 775 /mach_kernelchown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/System.kextchmod -R 775 /System/Library/Extensions/System.kextchown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/dsmos.kextchmod -R 775 /System/Library/Extensions/dsmos.kextreboot (you can actually type that in too)now you should have kernel 8.10.3 2, Installing ATI Drivers & NatitDownload the iMac Update from the Apple Website, use the search function.You will need Pacifist to install this package, this time Google is your friend.Mount the iMac Update DMG and open up Pacifist.In Pacifist, navigate your way to the Mounted Image and you will find a mpkg.Click on that and select the first lot of files which will show their path as/System/Library/Extensions/..............Anything else don't installNow, DONT restart your Hackintosh whatever you do.2a,Now back to the Netkas package you downloaded, you can skip this step if you are using 2600XT (Goto 2b)Inside Terminal:sudo -scp -R /2600XT/Extenstions/ATINDRV.kext /System/Library/Extensions/cp -R /2600XT/Extenstions/ATIRadeonX2000.kext /System/Library/Extensions/cp -R /2600XT/Extenstions/ATIRadeonX2000GA.plugin /System/Library/Extensions/cp -R /2600XT/Extenstions/ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle /System/Library/Extensions/cp -R /2600XT/Extenstions/ATIRadeonX2000VADriver.bundle /System/Library/Extensions/cp -R /2600XT/Extenstions/Natit.kext /System/Library/Extensions/run "chown" & "chmod" as described earlier but on the above listed files2b,Now time to copy the OpenGL.frameworkInside Terminal:sudo -s (if you have not already done this)cp -Rf /2600XT/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework /System/Library/Frameworks/(Note: It is important that you use -Rf)run "chown" & "chmod" as described earlier but on the above listed filereboot (Again, you can actually type this in)Congratulations! Your ATI Radeon HD2600 should now be working!F.A.Q.I have rebooted and my screen turns off after the grey Apple Screen.Currently, ONLY working with DVI2VGA Adapter.If help is in fact needed, please DO NOT PM me! :P Please visit the IRC.If I have you found I've missed something, please PM me corrections, I will gladly update.PS: ATI Radeon HD2900, please get yourself onto IRC. There is gold to find there. :D
Which imac update, what software graphic and what version 1.0 1.1sorry but there is lot imac updt also one for 2600 hd on march 28 2008thanks a lot
I am writing this tutorial because I have received numberous PMs and no one seemed to have written much in clear details.This tutorial requires some knowledge of Mac OSX and it is NOT completely idiot proof :P I will not be providing any files, since they are not mine to give.If you want it to work, put in some effort :PAll Credits go to Netkas, for making this all possible!I will explain starting from a clean install, please read carefully.I used JaS 10.4.8 / 8.8.1 for SSe2 & SSe3, Updated to .9 & .10 respectively.At this stage, the Kernel has NOT been updated yet.Now download the latest Netkas package from IRC.(No, I will not send it to you sorry. It is not my file to give.)#RadeonHD on server irc.osx86.hu (refer to the topic)Upzip them all in the root of your OSX partition such as /2600XT/ which I will refer to from now on1, Updating the Kernelcopy the kernel and its respective kext over...do the following in terminal...sudo -scp -R /mach_kernel /oldcp -R /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext /backup/System.kextcp -R /2600XT/mach_kernel /cp -R /2600XT/Extenstions/System.kext /System/Library/Extensions/cp -R /2600XT/Extenstions/dsmos.kext /System/Library/Extensions/chown -R root:wheel /mach_kernelchmod -R 775 /mach_kernelchown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/System.kextchmod -R 775 /System/Library/Extensions/System.kextchown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/dsmos.kextchmod -R 775 /System/Library/Extensions/dsmos.kextreboot (you can actually type that in too)now you should have kernel 8.10.3 2, Installing ATI Drivers & NatitDownload the iMac Update from the Apple Website, use the search function.You will need Pacifist to install this package, this time Google is your friend.Mount the iMac Update DMG and open up Pacifist.In Pacifist, navigate your way to the Mounted Image and you will find a mpkg.Click on that and select the first lot of files which will show their path as/System/Library/Extensions/..............Anything else don't installNow, DONT restart your Hackintosh whatever you do.2a,Now back to the Netkas package you downloaded, you can skip this step if you are using 2600XT (Goto 2b)Inside Terminal:sudo -scp -R /2600XT/Extenstions/ATINDRV.kext /System/Library/Extensions/cp -R /2600XT/Extenstions/ATIRadeonX2000.kext /System/Library/Extensions/cp -R /2600XT/Extenstions/ATIRadeonX2000GA.plugin /System/Library/Extensions/cp -R /2600XT/Extenstions/ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle /System/Library/Extensions/cp -R /2600XT/Extenstions/ATIRadeonX2000VADriver.bundle /System/Library/Extensions/cp -R /2600XT/Extenstions/Natit.kext /System/Library/Extensions/run "chown" & "chmod" as described earlier but on the above listed files2b,Now time to copy the OpenGL.frameworkInside Terminal:sudo -s (if you have not already done this)cp -Rf /2600XT/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework /System/Library/Frameworks/(Note: It is important that you use -Rf)run "chown" & "chmod" as described earlier but on the above listed filereboot (Again, you can actually type this in)Congratulations! Your ATI Radeon HD2600 should now be working!F.A.Q.I have rebooted and my screen turns off after the grey Apple Screen.Currently, ONLY working with DVI2VGA Adapter.If help is in fact needed, please DO NOT PM me! :P Please visit the IRC.If I have you found I've missed something, please PM me corrections, I will gladly update.PS: ATI Radeon HD2900, please get yourself onto IRC. There is gold to find there. :D
sorry i forget i have 10.5.2 installed and hd2600 pro reconiwed exactly as it is with 512 mb vram.but Quartz extreme is not enabled and Core are images are done by software not hardware.thanks for patience

Which imac update, what software graphic and what version 1.0 1.1sorry but there is lot imac updt also one for 2600 hd on march 28 2008thanks a lotsorry i forget i have 10.5.2 installed and hd2600 pro reconiwed exactly as it is with 512 mb vram.but Quartz extreme is not enabled and Core are images are done by software not hardware.thanks for patience

Join the #RadeonHD Channel on irc ;)

Guest cavallo
hello

thanks exodus_xt but only works if you have an intel installation

for amd if you have the 8.9.1 kernel

don't update the kernel and go to section 2

that's work fine for me with my 10.4.10 8.9.1 kernel

Bye

PS: thanks to exodus_xt for this tutorial

Thanks a lot but with 10.5.2 9.2.0 kernel how can i do?

bye

Hi all, I followed all the above instruction but after rebooting, the white screen with the apple logo appears (distorted res) and then the screen turns blue (a very nice and smooth blue though). All I can see is a mouse which i can control and it appears to be in the correct resolution (1650x1080). And also I think that OSX is running behind that blue screen 'cuz I notice when i moved the mouse to the corner that I set up to display all windows, the mouse changed into a hand with a finger pointing.

Any advice, guys?

Thanks

Here's my system:

Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 AMD EFI

AMD X2 3800+

Asus A8N-VM CSM

Visiontek HD 2600 Pro 512mb (dev id:9589)

HDD: Maxtor 200GB IDE (MBR partitioned)

audio: Soundmax (got it working with azalia package installer)

Lan: Nforce ethernet (not working, tried forcedeth and skge)

Well, i have the same probblem: I tried all drivers stated on #radeonhd in all variants but am still stuck with my SAPPHIRE 2600XT: All i tried lead into the blue screen. I installed graphics update and tried again with newest natit / triakis -> same old problem. I am confused to read that some people did not install the graphics update 1.0 and succeeded in the end?!? I tried as well in TIGER 10.4.8 (JAS). I would like to test under 10.4.10, but cant find the update from 10.4.8 to 10.4.10.

Implementation procedure of the kexts should be right, since the AppleVIAATA insertion has worked as well and brought no errors.

Maybe i should open a thread and put a rewarding note in the title "Who solves my problem gets 20 EUR" :-)))

I cant understand why these results of driver installations are so inconsistent. I tried as well with my x1600 AGP 512 MB , but had ONLY QE/CI WITHOUT changing resolution got done.

I will try with Leo4all in the next days and hope to get it work. But better would be TIGER since there are some incompatibilities under leo.

When reading the fast scrolling verbose boot up screen i can read that the 2600xt is initialized, but still there is the blue scren, system is running, but no GUI

I have read about a FW update for the 2600xt and will try this as well.

Link: http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/ati...wareupdate.html

Another big question is: Could be the PCIe version 1.0a could be the culprit for the problems having with the 2600xt? Would the version PCIe 2.0 run better? Or is that not important??

Anyone tried this already????

cheers

SPECs:

Zephyroth's 10.5.2 rev. 1

ASROCK 939DUAL-SATA2

2 GB Kingston DDR 400

SB live External 24bit USB

SATA+SATA II

Hey guys YOU ONLY NEED ONE KEXT

http://www.mediafire.com/?taajnazpvsm

Latest Natit.

Install with Kext helper.

WORKS WITH DVI

try it out...

I HAVE AN AMD SYSTEM WITH 4600+ AND A GIGABYTE MA69VM-S2 AM2, AND A SAPHIRE HD2600PRO,

MY SYSTEM WORKS PERFECTLY WITH QE/CI AND ROTATION WITH ONLY NATTIT.KEXT FROM NETKAS.

I USE IT ON MY LCD TV CONNECTED THROUGH A DVI TO HDMI AND A RESOLUTION 1920x1080.

I USE LEOPARD 10.5.2 AMD-EFI.Rev2

MY PROBLEM IS THAT WHENEVER I USE A PROGRAM THAT REQUIRE OPEN GL 2.0 OR 2.1 OR A GAME, THE PROGRAM CRASHES.

THE SAME HAPPENS WHEN I TRY TO BENCHMARK MY CARD WITH OPEN GL VIEWER.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

anyone got it working on the mobility h2600?

My laptop Asus F8Sa using ATI Mobility HD2600. At last I can enable hardware CI/QE functions via DVI–> external display after re-flash my laptop’s BIOS and upgrade ATIRadeonX2000 related kexts to 10.5.2 from Apple website and New Natit.kext (2008-02-26) from netkas.org. Only two problems remain :(1) No possible internal display (2) Failure of internal USB 2.0 Camera even with macam 0.9.1 installed.

P.S. Re-install with Leo4allv3 is more simple to get it working. My Asus F8Sa can enable hardware CI/QE functions both via DVI and VGA --> external display now, however previous two problems still exit up to now.

• 2 weeks later...

hi all,

i'm uploading my current working .kext files provided to me by LastExile (thanks a lot) to rapidshare as i'm posting now.

I'm using Tiger 10.4.10 and using kernel 8.10.3 and my VGA Card is GeCube 2600XT 256Mb DDR4.

OS running rock solid, minimum 12-14 days running movie encoding with iMovie and VisualHub, photoshop and flash editing, iGetter downloads, etc etc

i don't have the guts to upgrade the system to 10.4.11 ;)

i just finished download XxX 10.4.11 install disc rev 2, haven't tried it but love to have the latest patch and safari 3.1 update.

i'm very satisfied with my current config so i don't think i need to upgrade at the moment.

Thanks to lastExile for providing these files and explaining how to do it ;)

ATI Radeon HD 2600XT

• 2 weeks later...

Hey. Im another person looking for support for the mobility version of the card. I have a normal 2600HD working perfectly in my hack pro, it has been for ages I litlery just installed ATIRadeonX2000_Leopard.pkg and it worked fine. I have 2 of these systems, one is dual DVI, all running perfectly, the other is running on a 1080p TV through HDMI and that works brilliantly as well, you would be hard pushed to know those systems are not real mac's! ;). I presumed i would have the same luck with a laptop but i guess not. I have managed to get CI running on sortware but QE is not working at all. and only 1024x768@60

Does anyone know of a working fix for the mobility version of this card? If anyone needs testing I am perfectly able to do this, I have got pretty good with hackint0sh's now! Lol.

I tried leopard gfx update, the above package, the included kext's. I am using kalyway 10.5.2, I tried Kalyway 10.5.1, iAtkos 1.0 + 1.0r2, Leo4Allv3 and no other install works.

All ideas welcome!... ;) Lol

I have a normal 2600HD... the other is running on a 1080p TV through HDMI and that works brilliantly

You mean the HDMI output works under Leopard? Does the HDMI pass the Audio too?

I'm still waiting for my HD 3650 to be supported, but i wasn't even hoping to get HDMI working under Leopard! This is a good news!!!

Could you please tell me exact brand / model / name of this video card? Thank you!

ATI Radeon HD 3650 pkg installer is in the topic now working fine should work fine on any 10.5.x oh tho report back for bugs and feedback for all 3650 users and give netkas the thanks :D

So there seems to be a few people waiting for a ATI Mobility HD2600 internal display fix. The card only works with external monitor either DVI or VGA but no INTERNAL LCD yet!

Its seems to be a problem with the connectors, which is obviously taking quite long to fix.

lastExile and numerous others are looking into this issue.

Can we have an update lastExile or other?

Thanks.

Device ID: 0x9581