10.4.10 install dvd... 5.08GB iso

Dragonshadow

32 posts in this topic

Ok, I got a Mac OS 10.4.10 Tiger X86 install dvd... iso, and I have absolutly no idea whatsoever how to dual boot it and my Vista home premium.

I have a secondary 160 gig IDE HDD, and want to know if someone can tell me how to install...

In depth.

I have SSE3, incase you were wondering.

Dual core pendium D 3.00 GHz :

MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, EM64T

Nvidia 7800GTX 256 MB PCI Express X16

Anything else needed, I will give :P

Thank you ahead of time, I am a complete noob.  And all I have found from searching is how to install 10.4.9 and update to 10.4.10

Plus I don't have a dual layer DVD so I need to know how to split the ISO.

Again, Thank you.

Duh, No money.

I'm 14 XD

But I'm in High School so don't mock me or I might :)

I asked my dad if he can get me one DL DVD... Good thing he is the director of the city's cable and internet O.o

And Snerler, it is OSX86

Mac OS X Tiger v10.4.10 x86

File name: h-mt10410x.iso

Duh, No money.

I'm 14 XD

But I'm in High School so don't mock me or I might :)

I asked my dad if he can get me one DL DVD... Good thing he is the director of the city's cable and internet O.o

And Snerler, it is OSX86

Mac OS X Tiger v10.4.10 x86

File name: h-mt10410x.iso

Errr, just so you know - I'm fourteen as well, fourteen year olds can get jobs using working permits or at least under the table. I have a paper route, and I make a good $40-$60 a week depending on the week and can and do buy plenty of my own toys, so that excuse doesn't exactly work.

o.K., sorry, but i just dont understand where the problem is to get ONE simple DualLayer DVD Writable for about 3 or 4 dollars???

I bet you have the 5.08 GB big HotISO 10.4.10 release? If you want to use this, you HAVE to buy one DVD-DL. If you cant buy that, youll have to search for other releases that are smaller.

Yeah dude, definately try the uphuck 1.3gb dvd it works nice. Either way.. If i were you I recommend installing it in vmware first. Give a run through.. See if you are going to like it. While it was very cool to install natively. I found osx86 missing alot of the functionality that I had with Windows. The performance though.. was truly awesome. But I use media center edition to feed videos, music and satellite tv to my projector so a native install of mac os x would not work for me. Also also love to play games like Halo for example and I couldnt do that with OSX86. So give it a shot in vmware.. see if you like it.

And oh.. Make sure your hardware is compatible with OSX86. Theres nothing more frustrating to finally install this nice piece of software and to find your sound or network are not compatible. Atleast in vmware you should be able to get sound and networking to function.

Excuse me, but I'm confused.

Does this HotISO 10.4.10 Image work on a Hackentosh, or just normal PPC/Intel Mac's?

I don't have any problems w/Bandwidth, Torrents or DL Discs, but I would like to know ahead of time if it would be worth the truble.

Thx...

Excuse me, but I'm confused.

Does this HotISO 10.4.10 Image work on a Hackentosh, or just normal PPC/Intel Mac's?

I don't have any problems w/Bandwidth, Torrents or DL Discs, but I would like to know ahead of time if it would be worth the truble.

Thx...

I'm not very familiar with this release, however, I'm downloading it as we speak. It's listed as OSX86 which indicates it would be for Hackintoshes. I'll try it out this week and report back in a separate thread. I think I read somewhere that it doesn't install 10.4.10 automatically, but the upgrades are on the disk. That may have been a different release though.