Build 9a527

steve22

127 posts in this topic

I am no technical savvy but I think he meant taking a bunch of apps from the application folder and dragging them all together to the dock and behave as a stack

I doesn't seem possible though. only folder can be stacks. you can put the applications you want in a folder and drag the latter to the dock to form a stack.

maybe someone else could shed more light on this

I am no technical savvy but I think he meant taking a bunch of apps from the application folder and dragging them all together to the dock and behave as a stackI doesn't seem possible though. only folder can be stacks. you can put the applications you want in a folder and drag the latter to the dock to form a stack.maybe someone else could shed more light on this
Thats exactly what he means. In former Builds you could take whatever file you wanted from whereever you wanted and collect them on a stack.Thats the behavior how it should work, but doesn't for at least one or two builds now.The actual behavior is lame. It's just a nicer looking folders-in-dock implementation.The former behavior added functionality, where the actual does not. I hope this is a bug and will be resolved.

@markus1982 that's exactly what I meant. they even show it in the instructional video on the leopard preview homepage. but it doesn't work anymore. creating selfchosen stacks without making a folder them was useful this now with the folders-only-stacks: doesn't help anyone. thanks for your helP!!

@markus1982 that's exactly what I meant. they even show it in the instructional video on the leopard preview homepage. but it doesn't work anymore. creating selfchosen stacks without making a folder them was useful this now with the folders-only-stacks: doesn't help anyone. thanks for your helP!!

True, the movie is on the homepage..but all of the old icons, wallpapers, and iLife '06 apps are too

True, the movie is on the homepage..but all of the old icons, wallpapers, and iLife '06 apps are too
Thats marketing material from the time of the wwdc-build. I think the site will be updated roughly a month before release. Maybe we'll get a countdown and 300+ items featurelist, similar to Tigers campaign.

Thats marketing material from the time of the wwdc-build. I think the site will be updated roughly a month before release. Maybe we'll get a countdown and 300+ items featurelist, similar to Tigers campaign.

that would be neat, but software update builds would be better tho :D

that would be neat, but software update builds would be better tho :D

agreed numberz! however, we're talking about Apple here..they'll do the same thing they always do, wait until the day of release, put up a sign saying they're maintaining the site AND THEN tell us what Leopard includes after most of us have been on it for about a month....*sigh* the one thing I don't like about Apple...

agreed numberz! however, we're talking about Apple here..they'll do the same thing they always do, wait until the day of release, put up a sign saying they're maintaining the site AND THEN tell us what Leopard includes after most of us have been on it for about a month....*sigh* the one thing I don't like about Apple...

i hope apple has a countdown to leopard on their homepage, or tells us when it is going to be released, instead of "october"

How's Quicksilver in this build? Does it have the same problem of showing its icon in the dock even when told not to? In fact, how are Dock reliant apps (like Adium). I heard in the last build they didn't change the icon at all (as in it couldn't be updated with status and the like)

Leopard uses a very slightly different type of dock app hiding than Tiger.

I believe in Tiger "NSUIElement" must be set to something (1 or 0), and in Leo, it's "LSUIElement."

You should be able to change this the "info.plist" file inside the app.

How's Quicksilver in this build? Does it have the same problem of showing its icon in the dock even when told not to? In fact, how are Dock reliant apps (like Adium). I heard in the last build they didn't change the icon at all (as in it couldn't be updated with status and the like)
Adium works fine.** Apart from having some image loading problems for whatever reason.Also, people who have been complaining about icons getting put behind the dock on Tiger's desktop? That happens no more!

9A527 is on it's way (to me, at least). Unfortunately, it is really not possible for me to do a clean install. The RNs say that A+I works, but your apps will not be copied. If I go this route, what folders (apart from the apps themselves) do I need to copy to get my settings back?

And yes, I know I will have to reinstall some things. But thats not a big deal.

Weird. <Scratches Head>. I can't get it to open the groups window and I get these errors in the console:

9/2/07 10:15:42 PM Unison[2993] *** Assertion failure in +[DownloadController sharedInstance], /Users/dave/Desktop/code/Unison/src/DownloadController.m:50 
9/2/07 10:15:42 PM Unison[2993] [DownloadController sharedInstance] called before nib instantiation 
9/2/07 10:16:17 PM Unison[3002] Invalid parameter not satisfying 'identifier != nil && [identifier length] > 0' 
9/2/07 10:16:17 PM Unison[3002] Exception raised during posting of notification.  Ignored.  exception: '*** -[NSCFDictionary setObject:forKey:]: attempt to insert nil key'  invoked observer method: '*** -[AppDelegate applicationWillFinishLaunching:]'  observer: 0x387010  notification name: 'NSApplicationWillFinishLaunchingNotification' 
9/2/07 10:16:17 PM Unison[3002] *** Assertion failure in +[DownloadController sharedInstance], /Users/dave/Desktop/code/Unison/src/DownloadController.m:50 
9/2/07 10:16:17 PM Unison[3002] Exception raised during posting of notification.  Ignored.  exception: '[DownloadController sharedInstance] called before nib instantiation'  invoked observer method: '*** -[AppDelegate applicationDidBecomeActive:]'  observer: 0x387010  notification name: 'NSApplicationDidBecomeActiveNotification' 
9/2/07 10:16:44 PM Unison[3002] *** -[NSCFDictionary setObject:forKey:]: attempt to insert nil key 
9/2/07 10:16:59 PM Unison[3002] *** -[NSCFDictionary setObject:forKey:]: attempt to insert nil key

hmm... Wonder who dave is...

/Users/dave/Desktop/code/Unison/src/DownloadController.m

In my first few minutes with 9A527, I've noticed something no one seems to have said anything about.

QuickTime's UI has been ever-so-slightly revamped!

Seriously, the metal on the sides are gone, resulting in a much cleaner view of the video. The buttons now match the Finder UI and...

That's all I can see right now. But my aluminum keyboard works at last! Hooray!

In my first few minutes with 9A527, I've noticed something no one seems to have said anything about.

QuickTime's UI has been ever-so-slightly revamped!

Seriously, the metal on the sides are gone, resulting in a much cleaner view of the video. The buttons now match the Finder UI and...

That's all I can see right now. But my aluminum keyboard works at last! Hooray!

I think the reason no one has commented on it yet (I believe this was also in earlier builds), is… Why the hell would anyone ever use QuickTime player anymore with QuickLook?

Seriously?

On a brighter note, the full screen DVD player interface is a champ. Absolutely 100% better than that old metallic remote.