NEW UPDATE TO 9A500N

dyemaniac

116 posts in this topic

Yes. You should be seeing something that looks like that if you have 9A500n installed. To see what build you have installed, go to "About This Mac" in the apple menu and click "Version 10.5".

thanks for answer.

i have 9A500n installed. But time machine preferences still the same as 9A499 and i only have the preferences window. after that it crash. I have made a fresh install of 9A499 and upgrade to 9A500n. I don't understand how it is possible i don't have the good version of time machine ?

any idees ? i really need help on this one, if possible for sure (it's leopard ...)

thanks in advance

laurent

ps: sorry if i make mistake in english

well, dyemaniac cant turn on his computer, so, id wait 1 or 2 more updates
i reinstalled my os and everything works fine. The bug that i had also happens in tiger(its on apple.com/support website).
Hm it doesnt seem to pass verifying my disk, and disk utility says its fine, anyone know whats wrong, if it matters, I have boot camp installed and partitioned
Make sure that your update size for 9a500n is not 499mb. Make sure its over 500mb(mine was 505mb) and make sure that every update is checked and up to date
does this build work on the new imac??
yes
Is iMovie '08 working for anyone on 9A500n?
worked on my previous version of leopard 9a500n but i havent reinstalled it on new version of 9a500nBTW my iphoto '08 worked as well

Took half the day and reinstalled 9A499 and got it just how I wanted it. Adobe CS Suite, Studio MX 2004 and Office 2004 worked great some add-ons won't, but they are too mainstream for their developers to leave them out. Then I backed up the working install and did the 500n update. Again CarbonLibs won't work for Adobe CS, Studio MX (2004), and Office 2004 on a FW800 PPC. I'm wondering if they are obsoleting first generation Tiger apps or there is just strangeness on PPC's? Since I have read that some have these apps working on Intel machines.

Well back to restore 499 because anything 10.4.x will still not run on my machine and Apple hasn't called me back with an answer as to what could be the problem.

So . . . I will be watching for the next build to come out and since I saved the 500n updater in case the updater doesn't do them all and will do this all again and more hoping to regain usage of my main apps.

I'm really praying for the Apple all inclusive mail/calendar/address book/etc that was "leaked". That way I can dump Entourage. Fingers crossed.

We'll see.

. . . fb

Some people here must be really unlucky :( I've Got CS3, Aperture (1.5.4) and Final Cut Studio Working Fine
What exact procedure did you use?

Update your Tiger install (10.4.10?), erase and install? Archive and install? Did you use the Migration Assistant?

Did you reinstall any of your software?

And of course, what hardware configuration?

;)

I'm doing my 24" iMac now, and I hope I can get off scot free :D

Edit: Motion also working for you?

Edit 2: How is Rosetta games working for people? In particular Rise of Nations, which I couldn't get to work on 466.

Honestly, this build seems exactly the same as 9A499 except the build number and A2DP seems a bit more stable. Some people have claimed it's faster but it doesn't seem too much faster to me.

Everything that was broken before is still broken. I need to go back to Tiger :angel:

Can anyone do a diff between 9A499 and 9A500N to see what files where modified. I assume the package has this new xar format very difficult to read. This would be the simpliest way but of course, you need 2 systems.

TX.

just install xar and then open up the payload file you get from xar in pacifist.

hi all

time machine is not updated for me with 9A500n. i don't have the new ui in system preferences and it crash when i want to configure it. Has someone else the same problem ?

regards

yes wingchun, its an ongoing problem with some (most of us). Just wait until the next update

I'm running 9a499 and when I try to upgrade to 9a500n, it tells me that I'm not connected to the internet; I'm obviously connected to the internet because I was able to respond to this thread.

Hmmm....

Synopsis: Jesus hates me.

Edit: It appears as if Zeus has overpowered christianity and allowed me access to the software update. Praise the Olympian Gods!

QUOTE(54mbps @ Aug 22 2007, 03:59 PM)

Some people here must be really unlucky I've Got CS3, Aperture (1.5.4) and Final Cut Studio Working FineWhat exact procedure did you use?

Update your Tiger install (10.4.10?), erase and install? Archive and install? Did you use the Migration Assistant?

Did you reinstall any of your software?

And of course, what hardware configuration?

I'm doing my 24" iMac now, and I hope I can get off scot free

Edit: Motion also working for you?

Edit 2: How is Rosetta games working for people? In particular Rise of Nations, which I couldn't get to work on 466.

I archived and installed. The Apps themselves were installed in 10.4.1.0. I used this procedure on an iMac G5 with 1.5GB RAM. Motion doesn't work for me.

Are there any specific advantages of this build over 9A466? Is it worth a full backup and restore?

Also: Does photobooth work? (not important, but would be cool)