What song are you listening to RIGHT NOW ?

R2k.

755 posts in this topic

Bullet With Butterfly Wings - Smashing Pumpkins

"Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage".

NICE.

Ok, so i've just read through this whole thread, and have some thoughts to share:

1) There's a lot of music out there i've never heard of.

2) There must be some fellow old farts like me on this board.. I mean ZZ Top!? :)

3) I really liked the Red Hot Chillis early stuff, but I cannot beleive how much they've sold out these days. I dont rate anything after Blood Sugar (about half of Californication was alright, but....)

4) Ditto for Foo Fighters. First album was *excellent*. Their newest stuff sounds like Bon Jovi.

5) Good to see some Pumpkins fans - been meaning to give Zeitgeist a try... but I almost dont want to spoil things (Pumpkins fans will know where i'm coming from here).

6) Uh... i'm a music snob. My take on music (and this loses me a lot of friends btw) is that ANY type of music is good, so long as it *accomplishes something musically* and is written or created or performed by *genuine artists*. I cannot stand trashy pop dancy {censored} (unless im VERY pissed/stoned and on a dancefloor.. and even then......) or valueless, meaningless, faux-emotional garbage (climb any mountain / swim any ocean type mush) or 'pretend' rock like those {censored}s Nickelback (a magazine here in the UK had them featured on the front cover and had the audacity to write underneath 'Is this the second coming of Nirvana?' Eh..... NO, cos Nirvana had talent, meaning, depth, musical ability, and was largely an expression of genuine pain felt by the singer. Nickelback are mealy-mouthed {censored}s. Go figure.)

Ahem. I should probably point out that i'm quite drunk, also.

i concur...and im not drunk im hi ;) .

Listening right now : The next episode- DR. Dre