What song are you listening to RIGHT NOW ?

R2k.

755 posts in this topic

Bullet With Butterfly Wings - Smashing Pumpkins

"Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage".

NICE.

Ok, so i've just read through this whole thread, and have some thoughts to share:

1) There's a lot of music out there i've never heard of.

2) There must be some fellow old farts like me on this board.. I mean ZZ Top!? :censored2:

3) I really liked the Red Hot Chillis early stuff, but I cannot beleive how much they've sold out these days. I dont rate anything after Blood Sugar (about half of Californication was alright, but....)

4) Ditto for Foo Fighters. First album was *excellent*. Their newest stuff sounds like Bon Jovi.

5) Good to see some Pumpkins fans - been meaning to give Zeitgeist a try... but I almost dont want to spoil things (Pumpkins fans will know where i'm coming from here).

6) Uh... i'm a music snob. My take on music (and this loses me a lot of friends btw) is that ANY type of music is good, so long as it *accomplishes something musically* and is written or created or performed by *genuine artists*. I cannot stand trashy pop dancy {censored} (unless im VERY pissed/stoned and on a dancefloor.. and even then......) or valueless, meaningless, faux-emotional garbage (climb any mountain / swim any ocean type mush) or 'pretend' rock like those {censored} Nickelback (a magazine here in the UK had them featured on the front cover and had the audacity to write underneath 'Is this the second coming of Nirvana?' Eh..... NO, cos Nirvana had talent, meaning, depth, musical ability, and was largely an expression of genuine pain felt by the singer. Nickelback are mealy-mouthed {censored}. Go figure.)

Ahem. I should probably point out that i'm quite drunk, also.

ahaha the salmon dance good song!

The Difference Between Medicine And Poison Is In The Dose - Circa Survive

lol ya

The Terminal-Pendulum--Hold Your Colour

Next:

Shake Your Coconuts-Junior Senior--D-D-Dont Stop the Beat(lol)

i like it, not as much as others, but i like it

Ok ;) Thats the old skool stuff.

And BTW, Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana - Nevermind

And it appears this is the last album I own that hasnt been replaced by one ripped from OiNK

Picture_1.jpg

Well at least back in 2001 in OS 10.1 days I knew 160vbr was better than 128.

r362801173659671vl3.jpg

Giorgio Moroder - Knights in white satin

(it seems that this cover is actually reall scanned cover,you can see vinyl circle mark ... :) )

~R

Munky

ZZ TOP =D YAY!!! (went to the concert.... but im not old.... i just like em....)

& Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet With Butterfly Wings

kickass. hahah that song was my summers..... (like.... it was on ALOT)

ResX nice

and finally me....

What It Is - DJ Drama & Young Jeezy - I am the Street Dream

iamthestreetdreamvi0.jpg

(damn thats both stereotypical and horrible.... all at the same time!)

yes, i do like all of the above...... among with many others..... just as long as its not country, opera, or some/possibly most electronica (techno and stuff too.... you get the idea.)