When is Leopard Going to Leak?

MacVertigo

1,469 posts in this topic

yeah im starting to see stuff pop up on blogs about 9a466. people talking about their usage and such (bugs, excitables, etc). so if you're desperate, i would recommend opening like six new tabs of all of your favorite torrent sites run a search for either 9a466 or leopard wwdc and keep refreshing until a new torrent pops up. personally i'm just going to go to sleep and check again in the morning

I wonder if I should hold of on the install.. I need it to work.. since I use my mac at work!

This is what has been said about the build:

There's good and bad..

So far, the bad:

Bluetooth doesn't work, looks like there's no driver and blued constantly starts up and crashes.

I installed on battery, despite warnings, after using it for a while I guess it went flat but it suddenly shut the system down without any low battery warnings.

As with any new install spotlight indexing really kills the machine for a while, after installing developer tools the fan ran full for some time as a result

Microsoft Office X seems to have trouble, first time it just crashed before coming up. Second time it put up a window and then hangs.

NeoOffice also starts up but won't open a document or quit.

iChat has some problems with my buddy list from AOL, the same names appear several times for me.

The previous local build of python doesn't run:

"marxy:~ marksp$ python

-bash: /Users/marksp/ivms/bin/python: cannot execute binary file"

I guess it needs to be recompiled. Fair enough I guess.

My photos in iPhoto all look blurred for some reason in thumbnail size

All work: FireFox, BBEdit, TextMate, Komodo, Adium, OmniGraffle, GraphicConverter, iStumbler, SoundStudio, Yojimbo, Interarchy, MS RDC, Skype (as long as you don't try video),

I'm seeing some Font problems

The good,

Mail is really great, seems super fast

Spotlight much more responsive, no pauses as you type

Safari seems faster and now has that styled text editor as in FireFox (used in blogger for example)

New Finder, not as new as I had expected, seems solid and sensible.

Coverflow everywhere, yeah, whatever..

Quickview is useful I think, certainly seems fast.

Time Machine looks like it works really, really well.

I'll keep running it until I run into a show stopper, I guess NeoOffice and Word are a show stopper..

All in all, if this is the stability we we see four months before release , this is going to be a terrific version of MacOS X.

yeah - note that he did an upgrade install, which is not yet supported. who knows what state his OSX was in before he did it?

i'm reserving judgement till i can do a full, clean install on my own machine.

I just checked the green demon, and the bay, no luck. sure would be nice to have an oink invite.

I'm a fresh windows / pc convert, the last time I was this excited I was waiting for a Vista beta, what a let down that was, the whole adobe suite barely functioned, I hope this beta to be much nicer. I'm such a mac/apple evangelist these days.

ok, more mindless rambling and attempting to look busy at work, while really thinking about those stacks, ohhhhh , staaacks.