Santa Rosa/15-17" is here: 8600M GT!

Khid

20 posts in this topic

Damn...it's getting really hard to keep that second kidney...GAAAHHH...you only need at least one to survive...right?....RIGHT!?!

I know I want one soooo baddd.

Every issue I had with MBP is fixed- 7200 RPM HD available, new video card pwns. (guess I only had two issues, old proc speeds were find for me)

Hopefully, they will make an upgrade to the MacBooks to include the old Radeon x1600 or better.

I hardly doubt that would happen. While the 8600M GT is faster than the X1600, it does not have that great of a marginal gap of a difference in speed to be introduced on the Macbook. The Radeon X1300 or X1400 would be much more of a realistic bet......or even the X3000 integrated GMA would be alright, since this new integrated graphics from Intel is much more faster than the previous GMA 900/950.

On a side note....my dad's always been eyeing my current MBP.....this is my chance to give that to him, and get myself the new one! lol.

I know this happens all the time with any computer manufacturer (upgrades I mean) but to people like EFI, who purchased an MBP do you wish you had held onto your money untill June 5th? This is a pretty large update, and I know id be a little depressed If I had purchased a MBP a month or two ago.

On a side note....my dad's always been eyeing my current MBP.....this is my chance to give that to him, and get myself the new one! lol.

Edit- Didnt see EFI had posted the above. Awesome plan!

The Macbook won't get discreete graphics, thats MBP territory. There's a *very* good chance an upgrade to x3000 graphics will be coming along soon, but we'll see how much of a performance boost that will give. The moment anyone gets access to a new MBP grab any kexts that look relevant (or the entire Extensions folder if you're feeling brave) and PM me. I'll be looking as well- later this week I might have a chance to run down to the Apple Store (it's a 40min drive, bleh) and poke around on their display model.

I know this happens all the time with any computer manufacturer (upgrades I mean) but to people like EFI, who purchased an MBP do you wish you had held onto your money untill June 5th? This is a pretty large update, and I know id be a little depressed If I had purchased a MBP a month or two ago.

Edit- Didnt see EFI had posted the above. Awesome plan!

I love this update for the MBP. The exterior design is still by far the best out of any laptop currently by PC makers, so I cant really imagine how Apple could make it better. But I bought my Macbook Pro last (2006) November, and I still love it, but well....my dad really likes it as well, and I'm just a hairpin away from making him switch to a Mac....so this might be it....I could kill 2 birds with one stone, so to speak, lol. :angel:

I already saved up for this new Macbook Pro in February itself...so its just a matter of time before I buy it. Most likely (90% chance) this weekend itself. 15" model (matte screen) with 2.4Ghz C2D Santa Rosa with GeForce M 8600GT 256MB on 160Gb 7200rpm HD with 2Gb system ram (maybe Ill upgrade to 4Gb on my own in a while, as its not worth it to do it through Apple).

nice LED :DDD

To: mods or news team: post this on the front page!

yea, it seems that this site has not been kept up in terms of front page news and updates since ownership changed, this would have been posted in an instance before the new owners came and now i doubt it ever will be posted.

-2.2GHz or 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Santa Rosa

-NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT

-up to 4GB RAM

-New LED display

that are some bad ass improvements, I'm glad that I haven't already bought one. I will buy it in late August in the US Refurb store. How much will the 2500$ one will cost then in the refurb store, 1700$?

I already saved up for this new Macbook Pro in February itself...so its just a matter of time before I buy it. Most likely (90% chance) this weekend itself. 15" model (matte screen) with 2.4Ghz C2D Santa Rosa with GeForce M 8600GT 256MB on 160Gb 7200rpm HD with 2Gb system ram (maybe Ill upgrade to 4Gb on my own in a while, as its not worth it to do it through Apple).

Thats exactly how Id spec mine.. I have no need for 4 GB RAM so Id be more than content with two.. Arg I just wish I could afford it.. lol its a shame you cant dl money on the green demon