Nice Mac like cases?

28 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

I think any cases that try to look like a Mac Pro just end up looking like the cheap knockoffs they are. There are much better looking cases that don't try to copy it. I think Lian Li makes some nice simple, clean cases that are more "Mac like" than any that try to look like a Mac. Here are a couple:

PC-S80A

PC-101A

PC-B20A

dude, that case is probably A piece of sht

i think youare starting to stalk me like you did scart...

yes, the review says it is {censored}, but it is the closes looking thing to a mac pro i have found. what i really like about it is how air can flow from the front to the back of the case. it seems like it would be better for air cooling

hey sarahbau the only thing that your cases have in common with a macpro case is the kind of design, minimalism, but there are hundreds of towers out there that are minimal...so far soundless's and mine (I know it sounds selfish) are looking most like a mac pro case, I think. Although sarahbau's looks good but not like a already existing mac.

this is top of the tops case with some kind of "mac case" look .... i like very much

4yyqatd.jpg

I dunno looks cool, but not really "mac-like"

hey sarahbau the only thing that your cases have in common with a macpro case is the kind of design, minimalism, but there are hundreds of towers out there that are minimal...so far soundless's and mine (I know it sounds selfish) are looking most like a mac pro case, I think. Although sarahbau's looks good but not like a already existing mac.

Lian Li isnt "mac-like" just plain ownage!

"mac-like" to me means "doesn't look like a $3 piece of {censored}." lol. It doesn't have to look like a Mac to be Mac-like. If Apple comes out with a new design without handles, it doesn't mean it's not Mac-like, just like a case isn't Mac-like just because it does have handles.

Edit: To further expound upon my reasoning, look back at the computers and monitors Apple has made in the last 20 years. They don't necessarily look anything like other Apple models, but they are (almost) all Mac-like, not just because they are Macs, but because they follow certain design standards. The most Mac-like thing about my old AppleVision 750 monitor wasn't the look. It was the way the power button felt. That's something that most case manufacturers don't understand. "Mac-like" is an all-encompassing descriptor.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ramm

I-Ball is an Indian company, and those cases only seem to be available there (from what I've seen on the internet).

• 2 weeks later...

*bang* Hits the nail right on the head :D

Its indian and i dont think they ship anywhere coz you go and buy from vendor in india ;)

but i have seen loads of people post pics with same cases just search :blowup:

P.S.: Just found this

Here you have my setup, is working perfect!I build it 2 weeks ago, I bought everything at newegg.com______________________________________________________________________

______Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 Allendale 2.0GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E4400 - RetailItem #: N82E16819115014$139.00 GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - RetailItem #: N82E16813128012 $129.99 EVGA 256-P2-N615-TX GeForce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - RetailItem #: N82E16814130062 $109.99 CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X2048-6400C4 - RetailItem #: N82E16820145034 $159.00 Linkworld 431-06 C.2222 Black SECC/SGCC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 500W Power Supply - RetailItem #: N82E16811164061 $44.99 Pioneer 18X DVD±R DVD Burner Black E-IDE/ATAPI Model DVR-112D - OEMItem #: N82E16827129007$31.99Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250820AS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEMItem #: N82E16822148142 $67.99 _______________________________________________________________________________x

arcelo

:D hope this helps