Broadcom bcm43xx wireless driver [beta]

mcsmart

860 posts in this topic

Hi,

try this IO80211Family.kext.zip

Give it a try - maybe it helps :)

WOW thanks!!!

My BCM4322 now working and I able to connect, I can now see the AirPort icon.

Using 10.7.2 with everyting up to date.

Tow issues:

1. My Wi-Fi laptop led stay off.. - It doesn't really bother me...

2. AirPort Utility don't working - it says: "AirPort Utility unable to find any AirPort wireless devices... bla bla"

It's weird no ? why the AirPort working and the AirPort Utility wont.. Anyone with answer?

Thanks

WOW thanks!!!

My BCM4322 now working and I able to connect, I can now see the AirPort icon.

Using 10.7.2 with everyting up to date.

Tow issues:

1. My Wi-Fi laptop led stay off.. - It doesn't really bother me...

2. AirPort Utility don't working - it says: "AirPort Utility unable to find any AirPort wireless devices... bla bla"

It's weird no ? why the AirPort working and the AirPort Utility wont.. Anyone with answer?

Thanks

it has to do with some airport monitor bundle

• 2 weeks later...

Need some kext guru!!!!

I have the famous BCM413 [14e4-4727] and i know that till now nobody made it works on lion.

I tried also to mod the BIOS but modded BIOS i found didn't flash (still don't understand why)

I saw the whitelist of HP DV6 series and there is almost no choice:

Support for the following WLAN formats:

● Broadcom 4313 802.11b/g/n 1×1 WiFi and 2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR Combo adapter (BT3.0+HS ready)

● Broadcom 4313 802.11b/g/n 1×1WiFi Adapter

● Ralink RT3090BC4 802.11b/g/n 1×1 WiFi and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR Combo Adapter (BT3.0+HS ready)

● Ralink 5390GN 802.11b/g/n 1×1 WiFi Adapter

I have everything (but card reader and WiFi) working perfectly (Even battery, volume slider, USB3, speedstep, sleep,

So somebody plssssss made BCM4313 works!!!

P.S. If anybody knows something about the last two cards in the previous list (by Ralink) in lion pls contact me

• Like 1

http://www.bios-mods...itelist-removal

whitelist sp55068.exe

i use AR5B91

or BCM94321MCP rebranded

Just bricked my laptop!!!! After deleting HP_TOOLS partition it flashed ok

Then i restarted and it was ok

Then i tried to enter the bios but when i exit.... NOTHING!!!! just a DEEP BLACK SCREEN

I read that it is possible to recover with an usb pen drive and an .fd file but i don't know how to find it

PLS HELP MEEEE!!!

dv6-6020el uses bios http://bizsupport1.a...EnvOID=4062#120

F.1B (31 Oct 2011) Operating System(s): Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit) File name: sp55068.exe (5.0 MB)

Recovery filenames are:

HEWLETT-PACKARD\BIOS\Current\01658.bin

take out batery and power and hard disk .. make fat32 usb with the file in said folder ExacT CapITalization

put usb in ..

(insyde efi bios recovery)

Hold down <windows> key + <B> OR <Fn> + <Esc>,

Plug In the Ac Power adapter, wait about 3-5 secs

Press the power button

Now release the buttons.

It takes about 2-3 minutes and notebook powers down itself.

(NOTE: In order to initiate this BIOS recovery, "Window Key + B" must be pressed during powering on the system. BIOS recovery can be manually forced by pressing and holding the 4 arrow keys and pressing the power button.)

might need usb floppy. but doubt it this should work in usb thumbdrive

Ok i did the following...

- Removed AC adapter

- Removed battery

- Removed Bios battery

Waited about 20 seconds

Plugged everything in again

Bios started but gave me checksum error

Then bios reboot and start ok

But everytime i enter the bios or everytime i reboot under Mac OS i have to repeat this procedure

Any idea?

Thank you very much

P.S. Mod is working right i plugged in Atheros wireless card and now i have wireless

no need to take out bios battery.. regular battery is what u need to remove to recover bios..

seems u recovered already..

ask in bios-mods about

F.1B (31 Oct 2011) Operating System(s): Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit) File name: sp55068.exe (5.0 MB)

the checksum error is likely a reset cause of dsdt needs to be fixed

does it do it when u restart or only shutdown? have u used a dsdt for it ?

flash original bios and take card out and test.

It's a problem that always occur when the machine loads bios, both when i turn off then when i restart.

Under W7 if i don't enter the Bios, it seems to work properly (i only made a pair of attempts but, when i restarted, machine loaded bios regularly), if i try to change something the checksum error appears again...

I also tried under W7 to flash original Bios and everything was ok (i entered the bios made some change and it restarted again as usual, but, obviously, i had to remove wifi card). I don't know what will happen if i flash bios at startup if something will change. Another thing i could try is to downgrade the bios to modded version of f.1A, but i don't know if it will work... What do you think about these solution? Could they be useful?

I had DSDT and i tried to remove it from the bootloader to see what happens, and nothing happened, everytime I had to remove both the batteries (if i only take out regular battery nothing happens), waiting 20-30 sec, etc...

I also tried the procedure described here ( http://www.tonymacx8...p?f=169&t=25614 ) and after i tried to load SL AppleRTC.kext with no results.

I have to say that in my DSDT i only changed the audio configuration and i thought it was useful for it but when i removed DSDT everything was working properly even audio...

I don't know what to do about it and in bios-mods i have a thread opened ( http://www.bios-mods...n-HP-dv6-6020el ) but nobody till know answered...

Anyway I will wait patiently for some help

Thanks

P.S. Attached there are the two version of the DSDT (before and after Bios modding (only extracted with DSDTSE and not modified)) I don't know if this could be helpful for you to understand my problem

DSDT.zip

Yes i read some topics about it, but i can't understand why in W7 i don't have this problem if i don't enter the bios... maybe you were right when you said that it's a DSDT problem...

OK i SOLVED insydeH2O modded bios restarting failure using ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext now pc reboot normally!!! :D Hope to help somebody whit this info!!!!

I have a mini PCI-e BCM4311, but in lion don't work?!? It is compatible with airport?!?!?

I replace IO80211Family with 10.6.7. The kext appleAirPortBrcm4311 is load, but it does not work!!

can you help me?

Ok find the dev ID (vendor+product ID) of your pci and then open IO80211Family, go in contents/plugins and look in the info file of the broadcom plugins in mine there are 2 broadcom plugins, open the info.plist of those kext and find the one that has inside device that more looks like your devID, then simply add your devID in the info.plist rebuild with kext wizard and reboot...

With mine atheros worked well...

Let me know if it works...

Bye

G.

Ok find the dev ID (vendor+product ID) of your pci and then open IO80211Family, go in contents/plugins and look in the info file of the broadcom plugins in mine there are 2 broadcom plugins, open the info.plist of those kext and find the one that has inside device that more looks like your devID, then simply add your devID in the info.plist rebuild with kext wizard and reboot...

With mine atheros worked well...

Let me know if it works...

Bye

G.

my dev ID is 14e4,4312 and in AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext is present, but don't work. The kext is loaded!!!!!

Any news?

my dev ID is 14e4,4312 and in AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext is present, but don't work. The kext is loaded!!!!!

Any news?

As i said, try in

IO80211Family/contents/plugins/Broadcom(SOMETHING)/info.plist i just added the ID of my device in there -> kext wizard -> reboot -> and wireless started to work. if not try to remove other extra kext you installed before... it have to work cause if i don't remember wrong your pci it's native

Any news?

i also have this same card with same dev id.........but it don't work.......i have tried so many methods........i have heard that it works for some people but not for everyone