Broadcom bcm43xx wireless driver [beta]

mcsmart

860 posts in this topic

Thanks again! Unfotunately i have NO dsdt and NO smbios! I use a mythical bios modded by Cartri! But however in system profiler i can see "mac pro 3.1" and...cpu and other components are perfectly recognized . As i told...until 10.6.7 pci card worked perfectly ! I think it's a problem regarding network or wireless or pcicard kexts...but i already try everything with no success ! I use snow server 10.6.8 with kernel and extensions @ 64bit!

Thanks again! Unfotunately i have NO dsdt and NO smbios! I use a mythical bios modded by Cartri! But however in system profiler i can see "mac pro 3.1" and...cpu and other components are perfectly recognized . As i told...until 10.6.7 pci card worked perfectly ! I think it's a problem regarding network or wireless or pcicard kexts...but i already try everything with no success ! I use snow server 10.6.8 with kernel and extensions @ 64bit!

dump dsdt from custom cartri bios then change Device (PCI) _ADR 0x01 to 0x00 (One to Zero)

time to flash latest bios and custom that dsdt properly.

i had issues with 10.6.8 try using imac10,1 or 11,1 smbios and chameleon2 rc5.

i tried a custom bios once and i went back to standard.

ahh server.. not my boat.

• 2 weeks later...

please don't write to search in google for the kext 4311..

it never exist for lion

nor lion original dvd is including it!

so.. if you are gentle to post.. good.

or correct the 1st post.. because there's a lot of Hp pavillion sold since 2 weeks.. which includes that kind of wifi!

and the 99% of threads are poiting into your!

thanks

Hi my friends ;)

Usb device web site: http://www.airties.com/product-details.asp...ers&dil=eng

USB\VID_0A5C&PID_BD13&REV_0001

USB\VID_0A5C&PID_BD13

http://www.pcidatabase.com/search.php?vend...r_search=Search

BCM4323 Intensi-fi® XLR Single-Chip 802.11n USB Solution

I installed the iAtkos S3 v2 on my computer. I have not changed a setting in any phase of installation. So I did the installation with the current settings. But usb wireless device does not work. Thank you in advance for your help. Best regards.

post-489445-1303848316_thumb.jpg

post-489445-1304001254_thumb.png

I have yours same adapters and problems!! can anyone help us??

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys... I had a look at the pages of this thread to get some hints on the installation of the Broadcom 4113 (I own an HP Pavilion dv6 (6170))

I tried to use the script bcm43xx_enabler but it doesn't work.

I mean: the script wants me to specify where "AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext" is located but I don't know!

In fact the directory /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns contains only:

• AirPortArtheros21.kext
  • AirPortArtheros40.kext
  • AirPortBrcm4331.kext
  • AppleAirPortBrcm43224.kext
  • IO80221NetBooter.kext

Is there someone who can help me?

Thank you very much!

Ran the script on Lion, patched successfully, restarted and still no wireless. I have a 43225 Wireless Card which I believe is compatible or at least was in Snow Leopard to my understanding.

Any help for Lion and the BCM43225

If no help with this card, whats the cheapest half height mini wireless n card compatible with lion?

Ran the script on Lion, patched successfully, restarted and still no wireless. I have a 43225 Wireless Card which I believe is compatible or at least was in Snow Leopard to my understanding.

Any help for Lion and the BCM43225

If no help with this card, whats the cheapest half height mini wireless n card compatible with lion?

excuse me.. how could you run the script if it searchs for the 4311kext under io80211.. and in lion it never exist?

excuse me.. how could you run the script if it searchs for the 4311kext under io80211.. and in lion it never exist?

Don't ask me how I did it but it did "work". At first it failed and told me to locate it manually and I did and it didn't complain or anything, I have read about how that file is missing however, so I guess the script ran but did nothing, which would explain why nothing has changed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have an Broadcom brcm4321 that used to show up as airport once the activation script was run. After updating to 10.7.2, it can no longer be activated no matter what I tried. System info still shows that it is there but I can't get to it.

Any idea why? Something has changed in 10.7.2 IO80211Family next that creates this odd behavior.

The bcm43xx_enabler script used to work on this card in 10.7.1, just to clarify.

Untitled.tiff

I have an Broadcom brcm4321 that used to show up as airport once the activation script was run. After updating to 10.7.2, it can no longer be activated no matter what I tried. System info still shows that it is there but I can't get to it.

Any idea why? Something has changed in 10.7.2 IO80211Family next that creates this odd behavior.

The bcm43xx_enabler script used to work on this card in 10.7.1, just to clarify.

Hi,

try this IO80211Family.kext.zip

Give it a try - maybe it helps :D

Dell 14z, broadcom 4315, 10.6.2, installed the broadcom package and ran the script, restarted a few times but it's not showing up at all. Any ideas?

smbios.plist and dsdt.aml . dsdt needs Device (PCI0) _UID ... replace _ADR with _UID.

also the location of where wireless is in ioreg.. can be changed in dsdt to say 4312 :D

smbios should not use MacBookPro4,1 try Macbook5,1 or MacBookPro6,1

i had this problem with 10.6.8 update. so it might not be the same issue.. 10.6.2

I apologize in advance for being a bit off-topic here, but I'm wondering if any of you guys know where I can find the latest BCM43xx driver for Win 7? I have a 2010 Mac Mini running v 5.100.198.22 (dated 4/6/11). Is there a newer driver to be had? I'm having a problem where it won't connect to a particular 5ghz network, but does connect to any 2.4ghz network. On OSX Lion it will connect to the 5ghz network, so I believe this is a driver issue.

I apologize in advance for being a bit off-topic here, but I'm wondering if any of you guys know where I can find the latest BCM43xx driver for Win 7? I have a 2010 Mac Mini running v 5.100.198.22 (dated 4/6/11). Is there a newer driver to be had? I'm having a problem where it won't connect to a particular 5ghz network, but does connect to any 2.4ghz network. On OSX Lion it will connect to the 5ghz network, so I believe this is a driver issue.

http://driverpacks.net/driverpacks/latest

install www.7-zip.org to extract files.