ICH8 & ICH8R Patch for Intel P965 Mobo Jmicron

61 posts in this topic

I made these patch to allow 100% working the motherboard with the Southbridge Intel ICH8 or ICH8R

This patch was tested on a P5b deluxe (ICH8R)

And on a P5b (ICH8)

but i hope that works on all motherboard with these controllers.

PLEASE GIVE ME A FEEDBACK for a better version of the patch.

Follow the instruction in the pkg and than repair disk permissions with diskutility.

then reboot!

After that in p5b deluxe i can work with sata in IDE and AHCI mode

and recognize the Jmicron controller on the IDE/PATA port.

p.s. Sorry for my bad English, i'm italian! :thumbsup_anim:

-----------------------------

ICH8R Motherboards:

Asus:

P5B-E

P5B-E Plus

P5B Deluxe WiFi

P5B Deluxe

Abit:

AB9 Pro

Gigabyte:

GA-965P-DS4

GA-965P-DQ6

ICH8 Motherboards:

Asus:

P5B

P5B Premium Vista Edition

P5B-VM

Gigabyte:

GA-965GM-S2

GA-965P-S3 rev 1.0

GA-965P-DS3

GA- 965P - S3

Patch Downloads:

ICH8_Patch_Mstk_v_1.1.zip

ICH8R_Patch_Mstk_v_1.1.zip

Will try these out, I hope these enables all 4 ICH8 ports to work under AHCI.

edit: Looking into the package using Pacifist and noticed you included a mach_kernel with it. What kernel is it? I'm not installing it as I already have a perfectly working system...

Will try these out, I hope these enables all 4 ICH8 ports to work under AHCI.

edit: Looking into the package using Pacifist and noticed you included a mach_kernel with it. What kernel is it? I'm not installing it as I already have a perfectly working system...

sorry there was an error....

these are the original kext.

Drag and drop in /Extensions and repair the permissions.

ich8.zip

ich8r.zip

the patch was corrected to the version 1.1

now is without kernel and tested in more motherboards...is working 100%.

Go to first post.

Is at possible to make patches for ICH9, for the P35 motherboards?

i don't have a mobo with this chipset...and i can't try.

if you find a modd kext for this chipset you can give me and i'll do the patch.

p.s. for the ICH7 and ICH7-R i'm working.... :rolleyes:

if you want send me the modded kext for this chip...

how can i integrate this on 10.4.8 ISO? will this solve the "waiting for root" error when installing using PATA DVD?

TIA!

isn't possible...

you must use a jmicron pacth on demonoid or buy a usb to sata/pata

how can i integrate this on 10.4.8 ISO? will this solve the "waiting for root" error when installing using PATA DVD?

TIA!

i have create a GUIDE for P5B deluxe but is in italian...

but if you want you can see @ http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=49964

there is the solution for install osx on this mobo.

Hi mistico86,

I'm testing a new motherboard Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 an the ICH8 patch does not (damm I forgot the 'not', sorry) work for me, yet. What I was

looking at the that the patch kexts have the same device Ids for my new motherboard. Everthing matches. But whatever I try, there are no drives to find for OSX at the orange ports 3 and 4 that belong to ICH8 southbridge. Only Port 1 and 2 are working whatever is set in the Bios.

What really killing my nervers ist the fact that sometimes the Jmicron SATA ports (purple) cannot find

harddisks :-(. An SATA DVD Rom ist always found. I'm still examining an IRQ problem. Can sone of the Gigabyte GA-P965 users tell me, if the lower ICH8 ports do work?

My board's specs say that I have a (ICH8DH) southbridge. I tried your ICH8R patch first, but it didn't work. I then tried the ICH8 patch and that didn't work either. I did all the "chmod" stuff, "diskutil repairpermissions", and rebooted each time so I don't think I'm doing it wrong. Does my board need one that specifically supports ICH8DH? It's an Intel DG965WH board.

The ICH8DH will probably have a different device id.

You may need to change this in the info.plists of AppleAHCIPort.kext, AppleVIAATA.kext and IOATAFamily.kext. Then also in AppleAHCIPort.kext and AppleVIAATA.kext within the plugins folder of IOATAFamily.kext if they exist in there (I only got full support for ICH8 when including these inside IOATAFamily.kext plugins folder).

For ICH8DH I think the device_id is 2812.

My board's specs say that I have a (ICH8DH) southbridge. I tried your ICH8R patch first, but it didn't work. I then tried the ICH8 patch and that didn't work either. I did all the "chmod" stuff, "diskutil repairpermissions", and rebooted each time so I don't think I'm doing it wrong. Does my board need one that specifically supports ICH8DH? It's an Intel DG965WH board.

are different

The ICH8DH will probably have a different device id.

You may need to change this in the info.plists of AppleAHCIPort.kext, AppleVIAATA.kext and IOATAFamily.kext. Then also in AppleAHCIPort.kext and AppleVIAATA.kext within the plugins folder of IOATAFamily.kext if they exist in there (I only got full support for ICH8 when including these inside IOATAFamily.kext plugins folder).

For ICH8DH I think the device_id is 2812.

Let me first state that my problem is not being able to see/use my PATA devices in OS X. My SATA hard drives work fine in Native-IDE mode.

I confirmed the device ID with this document: ftp://download.intel.com/design/chipsets/...dt/31305709.pdf

I inserted "0x28128086" into the info.plist of both AppleAHCIPort.kext & AppleVIAATA.kext. I then opened IOATAFamily.kext and the only other thing I could edit in there was the info.plist of the AppleIntelATAPIIX.kext (which was in the plugins folder). Cleared kextcache, repaired permissions, and then rebooted. My PATA devices still don't show up.

Am I doing anything wrong here? Is there anyway someone can make a patch for ICH8DH? I've only seen patches/solutions for ICH8 & ICH8R.

Hi, Mistico:

I download the package install to my PC-X86 machine, when install Jmicron D3-4 SATA-IDE fix for 10.4.8,the system stop install and not response, press shutdown, restart again, choose Jas 10.4.8.ich8-ich8r.pkg and AzaliaAudio.pkg to install. Now, I can use my audio. Thank you, Mistico.

MB: Asus P5B Deluxe

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600

Ram: 4 GB DDRII

VGA: XFX7600GT

HD: SATAII x 4

DVDROM: LiXXX 20X, SATA and NEC Combo (IDE)

Ummm... I tried the ICH8R patch on my P5B Deluxe and attempted to follow the instructions post install, and terminal said operation cannot be completed or permitted or something and nothing changed... I still cant boot into OSX with IDE.

What am I doing wrong or what other solutions could I try?

I've got an Intel DG965OT that has ICH8DH controller, 6 port sata. I could not get it to work using this ICH8R patch, IDE nor SATA. Computer locks up shortly after "uuid ..." lines, I'm using 1049 kernel, same kernel works via vmware. Device id 0x2812 is for LPC ISA controller I think, SATA reports as 0x2821. I'll try applying p5b deluxe package followd by ich8r.zip, maybe that clears the issue. Anyone got this hardware to work or suggestions I could try?

Thanks