Drugs!

What do you think about drugs?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about drugs?

• All drugs (including alcohol and cigarettes) should be illegal
    • All drugs (including Meth and Heroine) should be legal
    • We should study the issue scientifically, find out which drugs are extemely harmful and which drugs are small potatoes, and act on that
    • We should not make drugs legal, but we should decriminalize
    • Keep it the way it is now, let the "war" on drugs continue indefinately

45 posts in this topic

I'm just going to say only this on the matter: If you need narcotics to have a good time, you're a f*cking sad individual. Whatever happened to just having a clear mind? I used to smoke a bit of green moving up to K2 and it was the worst period of my life.

Also, you got enough bias on the poll answers there?

I'm just going to say only this on the matter: If you need narcotics to have a good time, you're a f*cking sad individual. Whatever happened to just having a clear mind? I used to smoke a bit of green moving up to K2 and it was the worst period of my life.

Also, you got enough bias on the poll answers there?

I don't know how I am biased on the poll answers...I'd really like to know.

Also, if you NEED drugs to have a good time then...quite frankly you shouldn't be doing them. I love having a clear mind, but sometimes its fun to be hazy :o

I'm just going to say only this on the matter: If you need narcotics to have a good time, you're a f*cking sad individual.

Well the thing is, people who need drugs mostly need them to not have a fcuking awful time.

Well the thing is, people who need drugs mostly need them to not have a fcuking awful time.

Well put Solaar! People who NEED to do drugs do them because it makes them feel just a little bit better. And Kill bot, unfortunately your questions are a little biased. You couldn't ask those questions in any type of professional sociological or psychological survey.

All drugs (including alcohol and cigarettes) should be illegal [ 3 ] bar_left.gifbar.gifbar_right.gif [12.50%] All drugs (including Meth and Heroine) should be legal [ 10 ] bar_left.gifbar.gifbar_right.gif [41.67%] We should study the issue scientifically, find out which drugs are extemely harmful and which drugs are small potatoes, and act on that [ 7 ] bar_left.gifbar.gifbar_right.gif [29.17%] We should not make drugs legal, but we should decriminalize [ 3 ] bar_left.gifbar.gifbar_right.gif [12.50%] Keep it the way it is now, let the "war" on drugs continue indefinately [ 1 ] bar_left.gifbar.gifbar_right.gif [4.17%]It's really about the middle and last question, also concidering how you switched tenses throughout and used the word we. These questions are not very clear. I see no problem with the first two questions, they are both simple, understandable and general. They still aren't too definitive about their subject matter, but they are clear and unbiased. The middle question includes the term 'small potatoes' which is of course a slang term and is not easily understandable or clear to a diverse range of people. It also groups drugs as either extremely harmful or almost not at all when there is in fact a vast middle ground. It's here that you also start using the word 'we' a change in the very type of questions you first asked.

The last question is the most biased though, it is seeping with sarcasm especially because you quoted war and you ask that we keep it the way it is now which is an impossibility. It will never stay as it is now, new laws and regulations will be made, they're made everyday and the situation is always changing, for better or for worse. If we kept it the way it was now and let the "war" on drugs continue indefinitely... well, maybe you can see the problem here... It's a question about nothing plausable; it makes it seem like nothing new is happening at all, when everything is changing everyday.

And that is how your questions are biased! Though I loved them, and I'm fascinated by them, they are unfortunately (especially cause I have a feeling that you'll argue this) biased. I wasn't gonna say anything about it because it's just a forum discussion and not a professional survey, but you asked. So there you go. :lol:

Well put Solaar! People who NEED to do drugs do them because it makes them feel just a little bit better. And Kill bot, unfortunately your questions are a little biased. You couldn't ask those questions in any type of professional sociological or psychological survey.

All drugs (including alcohol and cigarettes) should be illegal [ 3 ] bar_left.gifbar.gifbar_right.gif [12.50%] All drugs (including Meth and Heroine) should be legal [ 10 ] bar_left.gifbar.gifbar_right.gif [41.67%] We should study the issue scientifically, find out which drugs are extemely harmful and which drugs are small potatoes, and act on that [ 7 ] bar_left.gifbar.gifbar_right.gif [29.17%] We should not make drugs legal, but we should decriminalize [ 3 ] bar_left.gifbar.gifbar_right.gif [12.50%] Keep it the way it is now, let the "war" on drugs continue indefinately [ 1 ] bar_left.gifbar.gifbar_right.gif [4.17%]It's really about the middle and last question, also concidering how you switched tenses throughout and used the word we. These questions are not very clear. I see no problem with the first two questions, they are both simple, understandable and general. They still aren't too definitive about their subject matter, but they are clear and unbiased. The middle question includes the term 'small potatoes' which is of course a slang term and is not easily understandable or clear to a diverse range of people. It also groups drugs as either extremely harmful or almost not at all when there is in fact a vast middle ground. It's here that you also start using the word 'we' a change in the very type of questions you first asked.

The last question is the most biased though, it is seeping with sarcasm especially because you quoted war and you ask that we keep it the way it is now which is an impossibility. It will never stay as it is now, new laws and regulations will be made, they're made everyday and the situation is always changing, for better or for worse. If we kept it the way it was now and let the "war" on drugs continue indefinitely... well, maybe you can see the problem here... It's a question about nothing plausable; it makes it seem like nothing new is happening at all, when everything is changing everyday.

And that is how your questions are biased! Though I loved them, and I'm fascinated by them, they are unfortunately (especially cause I have a feeling that you'll argue this) biased. I wasn't gonna say anything about it because it's just a forum discussion and not a professional survey, but you asked. So there you go. :lol:

Yeah...you are right...but I'm not writing a sociology paper, I am talking on a Mac forum about things unrelated to macs hahaha If I was trying to be professional about it..it would have been done :(

I don't really see much bias in the poll question. Simplification maybe, but not bias. The poll represents a spectrum: Legalize everything, decriminalize most things, discover the balanced course, keep doing what we're doing, criminalize everything. Or: Anarchistic, Liberatory, Moderate, Nannyist, Totalitarianist. Seems like a legitimate spectrum to me.

Jeez what do I know gw, I only study sociology at a university. Even killbot respectfully admitted to the bias in the questions, though they aren't blatantly biased (and I think thats whats throwing you off), they would never ever be asked in any scientifically sanctioned survey study. You understood them and made a lot of complicated connections to them (I don't know why), but the point is that the strict definitions and operations of sociological and psychological bias are written down clearly and, lol, unbiasedly.

Please provide reasons instead of random spouting of words M'kay?

It is a joke... A line from a show. And forums are made specifically for random spouting of words.

M'kay?

Oh yeah. You would be hard pressed to find something serious come out of my mouth. :thumbsup_anim:

Honestly, I think we should focus more on making people responsible for thier actions, rather then letting/hoping/allowing/wanting the government to be the mother/father figure. I long for the days that personal responsibility is a valued trait, rather then the pass-the-buck ideal that so much of America (especially the youth) seems to have.

I hope I have not offended any youngsters on this site. I know there are plenty of responsible young adults in this world, but when working in academia and being around teenagers all day, all the time, the constant barage of excuses that I hear, rather then just owning up and accepting responsibility for themselves, it is easy to get a little jaded.

Oh yeah. You would be hard pressed to find something serious come out of my mouth. :pirate2:

Honestly, I think we should focus more on making people responsible for thier actions, rather then letting/hoping/allowing/wanting the government to be the mother/father figure. I long for the days that personal responsibility is a valued trait, rather then the pass-the-buck ideal that so much of America (especially the youth) seems to have.

I hope I have not offended any youngsters on this site. I know there are plenty of responsible young adults in this world, but when working in academia and being around teenagers all day, all the time, the constant barage of excuses that I hear, rather then just owning up and accepting responsibility for themselves, it is easy to get a little jaded.

I feel the same way (I'm a 20 year old though) Lack of responsibility and lack of respect seem to be a recurring quality in my generation...its even worse with younger people.

I'm not sure if it's all specifically America, or it's youth. I see just as many adults passing the buck as kids. I guess the point is that kids don't really do things that they don't learn from somewhere else... excuses have been apart of culture for adults and for kids ever since the 1900's. Though the youth take it to new levels, they learned the basics from their parents.

I am all for legalization of Cannabis ( Marijuana).

Truth is it is it is less harmfull than a 20 oz of Coke. It has many medical uses and quite frankly it does not hurt anyone to be illegal. If booz and ciggs can be legal, with nothing good about them but killing people and making people become addicts. Why not?

Their not one reason Cannabis should be illegal expect money, anyone can grow it and that scares companie's of support and government. One day we will be free. But intill then law abiding citzens wil be arrested for a plant. 800,000 people this year was arrested for this. And thats very sad indeed.

All the "War On drugs" is doing is giving criminals money from good people. Using poilice force time and money on what? Arresting people that smoke weed. It's just stupid and a waste of everyone time and money. Also from being illegal it makes people look bad and could ruin their life for something proven less harmful than ciggs or booz. The Government has been studying marijuana for over 30 years and spent billions to try to make it look bad. Truth is they could not find any good {censored} so they had to use scare tactics on the youth and adults.

I could go on and on. But i do not have time to give pages by pages on a matter people should know by now. Sigh.....

-MacX

all drugs except alcohol should be banned.

:)

lemme guess

"drugs are EVIL"

im right there with ya.... not really.

is there anything to support your idea (and ill play along, guess what, alcohol does more to your liver and more damage than some illegal drugs.... so, like, reasions??)

We're all stars now.... In the dope show!