Installing Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso

macmagix

56 posts in this topic

Id LOOOVE some help too..

There are so many damn versions of how to install osx86, I cant get one to work..

I am currently d/l'ing JaS and hoping this will work, but the instructions are not overly clear..

when I tried installing using an ISO with darwin, it said it was installing but then restarted into xp64 and didnt seem to do a thing..I need some help pleasssse

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone help me

I downloaded JaS amd sse2.sse3 but all I got was a ton of RAR files and no instructions..what do I do now?

I just finished installing this exact same DVD on to a machine with SATA drive, ACHI and sata native mode enabled, worked perfect. I have the ICH8R controller. But it maybe be different for you so be cautioned.

I just finished installing this dvd, and works great. followed the screenshot instructions and osx86 HCL. It installed very smooth on my Dell SX270 P4 2.8GHZ 2GB ram 40GB IDE Drive. Found everything. I like to say thanks everyone here insanely mac. My question is can you due any of the updates that download?

I am trying to install from this version on my Gateway MX7118 laptop computer. The install went smoothly, up until the end when it tried to reboot. On boot, it loads to the grey Apple screen, and freezes up.

I booted using the -v command, and find the last line of text when it stops is:

localhost /system/library/coreservices/loginwindow.app/contents/macos/loginwindow: Login window application started

At a glance, that doesn't seem to give any indication of a problem. Any idea what the issue could be?

Gateway MX7118 Laptop

ATI 200m chipset/video

AC97 / Conextant audio

AMD Athlon 64 3400+ CPU

Hi, I was going to make my own topic but this one seems appropriate as it has the exact title I was going to use.

I'm trying to install 10.4.8, using the same iso.

My cpu is SSE2 and SSE3 capable.

I've got it to boot from the dvd but once it opens darwin it fills the screen and then says something about a kernel panic and just hangs for hours. The first time it got a lot further and said nothing about panic, then I reset it. Is there any way to delete the temporary files created, if any, in order to revert to the first attempt?

I don't really have anything funny plugged in, just a cheap sound card and the USB HDD I'm going to install to.

Cheers in advance.

Here's a (blurry) screenshot of where my laptop freezes up on first boot after install. Oh, I reinstalled today without the 'titan' drivers, but I'm still stuck at the same place.

Obviously, I need a steadier hand with the camera. I'll try and get a better shot later to post, but hopefully there's enough here to get a suggestion or two.

post-179012-1201744808_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

HI I KNOW THAT YOU'RE HEARD THIS A MILLION TIMES BUT I'M GOING INSANE TO GET INSTALL MAC OS MY PC CONFIG IS:

AliveNF6G-VSTA

AMD +4600 Dual Core

HDD 160 serial ATA II

Nvidia GEFORCE 8500 GT

I have de Iso already burned on a DVD Mac os x86 10.4.9

please anyone tell me if it is my pc config the problem or for not has the right guide for doing it, i really want to install de 10.5 but i've already read that its better first install the tiger and then get and update.

• 3 weeks later...

I seem to be falling somewhere between the problems people have been posting. Everything seems to install fine but whenever I boot into the OSX drive (IDE) it says I need to restart the computer. I'm assuming that something hasn't finished installing. OSX is unable to do a soft reboot and I wonder if this is part of the problem. (When the installer attempted to restart the last line was MACH REBOOT or something to that effect. Again, I assume this is a command my hardware isn't recognizing and wonder if it is the root of the problem with finishing the installation.) I'm on an AMD64 box. Is there some sort of batch or ini file I should edit?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I've searched around but haven't found someone complaining of the same problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I have a problem with 10.4.8 install and I haven't seen any topics about the same problem.

Ok, the problem is, after customizing the installation and clickling install, the installer seems to be frozen, but the DVD and HD lights keep blinking, computer seems to be doing something, but nothing happens in the installer screen and the progress bar.

(if you look at the screenshots at http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=11528, picture number 12 is where I'm stuck at)

I left the computer and waited for the installer to finish, after about 12 hours I saw that only %7 of the installation was complete, it's obvious that somethings wrong, it proceeds too slowly but I dont know why, I tried different distros, same problem with all.

here's the specs of the computer I'm trying to install.

AMD sempron 3000+

1GB Ram

80GB Maxtor IDE HD (this is the one i'm trying to install) -- this is set to MASTER

80GB WD Sata HD (I disabled this one from the BIOS)

Samsung DVD drive -- set to SLAVE

300GB philips usb HD (this one is disabled too)

ATI radeon x300

p.s. I tried different master - slave combinations, nothing changed.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone, I have a problem with 10.4.8 install and I haven't seen any topics about the same problem.Ok, the problem is, after customizing the installation and clickling install, the installer seems to be frozen, but the DVD and HD lights keep blinking, computer seems to be doing something, but nothing happens in the installer screen and the progress bar. (if you look at the screenshots at http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=11528, picture number 12 is where I'm stuck at)I left the computer and waited for the installer to finish, after about 12 hours I saw that only %7 of the installation was complete, it's obvious that somethings wrong, it proceeds too slowly but I dont know why, I tried different distros, same problem with all. here's the specs of the computer I'm trying to install.AMD sempron 3000+1GB Ram80GB Maxtor IDE HD (this is the one i'm trying to install) -- this is set to MASTER80GB WD Sata HD (I disabled this one from the BIOS)Samsung DVD drive -- set to SLAVE300GB philips usb HD (this one is disabled too)ATI radeon x300p.s. I tried different master - slave combinations, nothing changed.
Probably there is something wrong with your media (DVD-R) where you burned the iso file. Try to burn the iso file again at lower speed. By the way, did you skip the disk check?
I seem to be falling somewhere between the problems people have been posting. Everything seems to install fine but whenever I boot into the OSX drive (IDE) it says I need to restart the computer. I'm assuming that something hasn't finished installing. OSX is unable to do a soft reboot and I wonder if this is part of the problem. (When the installer attempted to restart the last line was MACH REBOOT or something to that effect. Again, I assume this is a command my hardware isn't recognizing and wonder if it is the root of the problem with finishing the installation.) I'm on an AMD64 box. Is there some sort of batch or ini file I should edit?Any help will be greatly appreciated. I've searched around but haven't found someone complaining of the same problem.
I do have the same problem at the moment. Everything went smoothly in the installation but I'm stuck on the Apple Screen Logo, loads a few seconds and then system tells me that I need to restart my computer in four or five different languages. Someone please help.

• 4 months later...

Have been trying to install "Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso" . But get following error.

AppleIntelPIIXPATA: Secondary PCI IDE channel is disabled and then is says waiting for boot device then it will say something about not being able to mount my hard drive. After a while the setup screen comes up and I got to disk utilities and try to mount my harddrive manually but I get an error saying that it can't be mounted and there is no options I can do to my harddrive, can't try the first aid thing or anything. I have tried all of these versions with failure.

Attached the details of my system.

Please help.

Thanks a lot.

post-284190-1220776441_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey all.

Im using the same distro (10.4.8), but my "installation" stops at step 4, i.e.: the gray apple never stops spinning, and after 2 mins it shows a prohibition little icon in front of the apple. So i cant even get to the install screen.

Does anybody know what that means??

Im using a PentiumD processor, with SS2, SS3 and all that instructions, and IDE HD

ty

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is having an issue with the install. My AMD Athlon 64 /Asus a8s-x stops in the same spot. I have tried both IDE as well as SATA drives to do the install. I'm wondering if the DVD rom drive has to be IDE as well as the hard drive. In addition, does the DVD have to be set as master and the IDE drive to be set as a slave to that drive. Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated.