Installing Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso

macmagix

56 posts in this topic

Hi can anybody tell me how can i install Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso on a pc??

I don't know anything

thanks.(i hadn't found something with the search)

Better use an IDE HDD master and a DVD Drive slave.

It can be used on sATA also but better no for first try.

Disable S.M.A.R.T. from bios.

Neaded staff:

1. Mac OS X 10.4.(1-8) Install DVD (on a DVD+ or -R NO RW!)

2. A PC with a compatible DVD drive (to install OS X)

3. First of all be sure that OSX can run on your computer before attempting anything like a dual boot.

How to:

1. Get a prepatched OSX install image (look at torrent sites for that).

2. Burn the image to an empty dvd recordable (+R or -R NO RW)

Use your favorite burn program for this (Nero, Alcohol 120%, MagicISO, PowerISO e.t.c)

3. Insert the OSX install disk and reboot your computer.

4. Boot the DVD, when the grey Apple stops spinning, select Language for the installation.

5. On the top of the screen, click "Utilities" and then click "Disk Utility".

6. Disk Utility starts. Select your Hard Disk or Partition. Chose "erase" tab and set the Volume Format to "Mac OS extended (journaled)" and erase it.

7. Wait until the process finishes and then close Disk Utility.

8. Follow the installation steps on your screen, select the HD with the partition you made in step 6 and choose "Customize"(if have this option).

In the Installer window, select either the Intel or AMD. Choose more packages if they fit in your hardware.

9. After finishing the installation, wait for the computer to reboot, remove the install disk and enjoy your "Intel/AMD-Mac Os X (x86)" installation.

post-100410-1178822390_thumb.jpg

OH MY God is it so easy????when the first time i tryed to install it about 4-5 months ago ,i have read that i have to install darwin.Must i install them??? or it installs like the mac???

And how can i see that i have a compatitible hardware???

can i burn the iso image on toast ??

thanks

oracle.are you greek?? lol

find me on msn to give my ichat

silendedugu7 at hotmail.com

You can easyly upgrade it to 10.4.9 if you have intel raggedjagged.

Not even Repair Permissions required.

Could you explain this a little bit more? I also used the JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 DVD but with my Asus P5B I need to do a lot more than just upgrading 10.4.9....

Pes pws egine macmagix.

Oti boi8eia xreiastei eimai parwn kai sth dia8esh sou file mou.

Sthn Kriti eimai vasika alla poios xezei tis apostaseis, xairomai na xw enan patrioth sto project.

Kalws wrises file.

Erhnam.

If youy are based on Mac Os X [Jas AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso and you have Intel only prossesor, then you can use that update easyly.

DONT in any way use the update of the official site.

DONT use this update for SSE2 prossesor.

Erhnam.

If youy are based on Mac Os X [Jas AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso and you have Intel only prossesor, then you can use that update easyly.

DONT in any way use the update of the official site.

DONT use this update for SSE2 prossesor.

Okee thx. Can you give me the name of "that" update. Is it the JAS update with the 3 files?

this is the dvd im trying to install but when i get

to to the " install " screen , it's not showing anywhere

to chose to install it to .. can someone give me a clue

as to what to do ? any help would be appreciated ! :|

hey, trying to install the same image but I can't get past the third screen (from the image attached to an earlier post in this thread) it just freezes at the third screen and I'm forced to restart. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

I can install this fine, everything pretty much works

BUT all the dvds i tried think my computer doesn't have SSE3, even though everest and cpu-z lists SSE3 among SSE2, MMX and others in the instruction set.

So basically i cant install the SSE3 10.4.9 update, it should be running faster, and i guess a lot of apps don't work cause its SSE2

I have hyper threading turned off maybe that has something to do with it, i have no idea

If i try to install an SSE3 only cd, or do an SSE3 only update, booting hangs and refers to the kernel, the screen goes gray, then wipes, gets darker and darker, until its black with a looping error, i didn't get to writing it down.

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

Here's a pic of my error i found on another post, only on my comp, i dont see all that is above the last line because i didn't have it in verbose mode (-v). The line i see is the one at the bottom referring to the kernel.

EDIT: It boots fine after install in vmware.

post-63709-1179775334_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

Neaded staff:

3. First of all be sure that OSX can run on your computer before attempting anything like a dual boot.

How to:

Use your favorite burn program for this (Nero, Alcohol 120%, MagicISO, PowerISO e.t.c)

4. Boot the DVD, when the grey Apple stops spinning, select Language for the installation.

6. Disk Utility starts. Select your Hard Disk or Partition. Chose "erase" tab and set the Volume Format to "Mac OS extended (journaled)" and erase it.

8. Follow the installation steps on your screen, select the HD with the partition you made in step 6 and choose "Customize"(if have this option).

In the Installer window, select either the Intel or AMD. Choose more packages if they fit in your hardware.

9. After finishing the installation, wait for the computer to reboot, remove the install disk and enjoy your "Intel/AMD-Mac Os X (x86)" installation.

regarding #6, if you erase the partition, won't all of the info on that be wiped away? stupid question i know...i only ask b/c the .iso i have is on the partition i want to install the mac os on.

Better use an IDE HDD master and a DVD Drive slave.

It can be used on sATA also but better no for first try.

Disable S.M.A.R.T. from bios.

Neaded staff:

How to:

Hello Oracle.. nice to meet you Expert..

I need some help..

Today i do installation on an Intel Machine, in other word Hackintosh..

I was installed Mac OS X 10.4.9 in my SATA Harddisk..

After the installation finished and rebooting my SATA Harddisk can't be detected by BIOS..

What should I do?? I'm so confused.. ;) Please help me..

Thx 4 your help..

Hello Oracle.. nice to meet you Expert..

I need some help..

Today i do installation on an Intel Machine, in other word Hackintosh..

I was installed Mac OS X 10.4.9 in my SATA Harddisk..

After the installation finished and rebooting my SATA Harddisk can't be detected by BIOS..

What should I do?? I'm so confused.. :unsure: Please help me..

Thx 4 your help..

o yeah.. forgot to add more info..

and when i tried to reinstall mac by booting from the dvd again,

my SATA Harddisk doesn't appear there..

the one that is appear in the Disk Utility Tab is the DVD rom..

thx..

• 4 weeks later...

i try to instal jas mac os x 10.4.8 in my system

sys config

AMD X2 3200+

Asus M2NPV-MX

160GB SATA

Ps/2 Key , mouse

first i see the error in my keyboard and mouse not work ,

i disable usb in bios any try to install now both working

but sata hdd not visible in disk utilty screen so when to install please help and how to upgrade in 10.4.9 or 10.5.0

Hi, my Mac OS X 10.4.8 [AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3] with PPF1.iso DVD is not booting for instalation (CDROM set as primary and default in BIOS options). I can see the black screen when the count downs starts, when I hit enter it shows some texts and then it reboots to the same process, also tried hitting F8 and typing -s and -x or -v.

I´ve tried to install Leopard-AMD-10.5.1 DVD too with the same results.

COULD ANY BODY HELP ME PLEASE??

THX!

MSI k8t master2 far7

Dual AMD Opteron 246

Barracuda 160 gb S-ATA

GeForce 6200 APG 256