Broadcom 570x and 575x

ohpossum

936 posts in this topic

i got it running now for a few seconds. i followed the instruction in this topic and in the other one with the hex edit method. my bcm5752 is recognized and has a mac adress assigned, but when i connect to the internet i get kernel panic after some seconds.

one wierd thing is that i have two networkcards in my networkpreferences both are called en1, en0 is my wireless lan. is that the problem, or is it it common that 2 networkcards are shown up?

my wireless card is a dell 1490 or 1390 cant remember, but it is not important, since wirless worked out of the box.

my wireless card is en0 and i have two eithernet cards with en1 now.....does anyone else got two cards in system profiler and network options? how can i remove one?

Havent posted in a while.

I think i killed my nic using one of the listed methods.

14e4 1600

i hexedited the driver. subbed 00

changed line 37550....

Now "Network Cable unplugged", in WINDOWS and OSX

There is no activity on the LAN port now. Did i kill it????

Anybody been here before, please help. Thanks

Dell D620

EDIT: I am a moron, I didnt look under my desk to the other end of the wire. I broke the clip off, and it fell out of the jack

Everything works. xcpt having a link on wireless and wired at the same time causes things to crash??

rstensho

caan you upload you kext for your 5752 14e4,1600. I have done everytiing and will not work.

TIA

rstensho

caan you upload you kext for your 5752 14e4,1600. I have done everytiing and will not work.

TIA

The post you replied to is over 2 years old! rstensho hasn't posted on these forums for over a year. Good luck with getting that kext. :):D:D

if somone can email me the file I can rehost.

drahcirt at gmail.com

Hi,

Please, me too! to orlandoagostinho at gmail dot com

Thanks a lot!

i used this two files

PCCard.10.5.2.Beta2.pkg.zip - http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=22978

AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext.zip - http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=25174

This is on Kalyway 10.5.1 update to 10.5.2

Installed PCCard.10.5.2.beta2 package by Eqaute first, reboot and Installed AppleBCM5751Ethernet by nobb1x using kext helper.

for more details please look - http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...72124&st=20

Hello, i have a big problem, as we all in this BCM 57xx thread.... So, i started with Tiger, and of course, no luck... (BTW, i've BCM 5789 169D) then (with tiger) i tried to plug in usb cable to my modem. And i can connect! woohoo! but after some time (up to 1 hour sometimes few minutes) internet disappear and i have to restart Tiger. Then i installed 10.5.2 (Kalyway's) and my ethernet

is showed as "green" (i think, that was kext dirty job) (you know, green dot at network diagnostics) but still those *** errors... (couldn't open communication device) still, i can connect through usb, but that's worst method EVER... :D (in this PC i can be connected through Windows so long (usb)) BTW, "the usb problem" was in macbook too.... it get disconected...

EDIT: i really don't know how, but now i'm writing under OSX through ETHERNET! Maybe that was the setmac? Whatever, i hope others will get it working too :) Thank you guys for sticking this thread... :)

I Have a Laptop Hp 6510b with a Broadcom PCI 14E4 / DEV 1693, no luck a t all , I managed to get MAC with zeroes and thats it... :)

Is there any hope to get this card working in the future, or is there something Ive been missing in the thread, that make it almost impossible to get it supported under Mac Os X ever??? If so what??

Are there any alternatives to it? Someone talked about using a USB to Ethernet Adapter... Any news or luck on this? Which Vendor should work?

Thanks to all. Hope we can make this work someday.

Osu.

Hi..

this is my first post here, i've been fighting my NIC card for like 3 days now.. and i can't make it work

i have followed several guides, mostly using AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext

and modify the id, but i get several errors, maybe i have been doing something wrong or trying the wrong kext..

My system is:

HP/Compaq nx6320

OSX XxX 10.4.11

Works everything except network

Ethernet BCM5788

vend ID: 14E4

dev ID: 169c

the error that i get is:

AppleBCM5701Ethernet: ffffffff 669955aa CheckNVRam -- nvram does not start with magic constant
AppleBCM5701Ethernet:		0		0 getAdapterInfo - init/sanity check of nvram failed
AppleBCM5701Ethernet:		0		0 start - getAdapterInfo failed, giving up
IOCommandGate::disable() called when not gated
Backtrace 0x3a4484 0x2a6df64a 0x3c9c6c 0x3c9d39 0x398f43 0x398743 0x399e8e
  Kernel loadable modules in backtrace (with dependencies):
	 com.apple.iokit.AppleBCM5701Ethernet(2.1.0d21)@0x2a6de000
		dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.2)@0x2484f000
		dependency: com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily(1.5.1)@0x29ed5000

if you need more information, just let me know, just want to know if someone can point me in the right direction.

I have Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD if i have to update my system (i the event that i have to do that)

Thanks everyone for reading this

Hi..

this is my first post here, i've been fighting my NIC card for like 3 days now.. and i can't make it work

i have followed several guides, mostly using AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext

and modify the id, but i get several errors, maybe i have been doing something wrong or trying the wrong kext..

My system is:

HP/Compaq nx6320

OSX XxX 10.4.11

Works everything except network

Ethernet BCM5788

vend ID: 14E4

dev ID: 169c

the error that i get is:

AppleBCM5701Ethernet: ffffffff 669955aa CheckNVRam -- nvram does not start with magic constant
AppleBCM5701Ethernet:		0		0 getAdapterInfo - init/sanity check of nvram failed
AppleBCM5701Ethernet:		0		0 start - getAdapterInfo failed, giving up

if you need more information, just let me know, just want to know if someone can point me in the right direction.

I have Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD if i have to update my system (i the event that i have to do that)

Thanks everyone for reading this

there is a solution to it already, pm me if you want to know.

Success!!!!!

Finally using this kext (AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext.zip - http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...t&id=25174)

and making the modification indicated about the ID of the card from 9616 to 9c16.

then deleted /System/Library/Extensions.*

then remake kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

then reboot..

now i'm at the point of ethernet card working but without MAC address

thanks everyone.

My system is

Laptop HP/Compaq NX6320

OSX 10.4.11 (Tiger)

kernel 8.10.1

the system boots with option "cpus=1"

ADI1981HD working with Azalia Driver

thanks again

And how's that working out for you?

i mean that i'm at the same point of working driver that other's with my card.

i have to write at a terminal the following command:

sudo ifconfig enX ether 00:11:22:33:44:55

and the it work, but it also work as MAC address 00:00:00:00:00:00.

the other problem that i have seen is that it can't get the DNS servers right, but i fixed thosa at preferences - network - ethernet

and then it worked right that moment.

Thanks everyone

Hi, guys, I will post up my solution and kext file in few days time as I want to make sure that it will work for others too, meanwhile ..I am installing on 14E4, 169c to see how it will work,

the Mac address still no working, but with no problem of getting online or downloading large file and or chatting on Voice, it absorbed the top speed of my network, in which sometimes even my Vista seems to have a bit of problem for that

for Mac address, it seems that the card's common know offset address for MAC somehow moved to different address, or possibly the interface has not been implemented for BSD,

Actually, not just OS X has problem, it freeze Linux system too, I think access to its ROM just simply won't work under Unix based system. so bad !!! you might argue it works under MS system, well ..because they interact with hardware in slightly different way. Emulator. for example ...

so, for those interesting on my solution, please allow few days time to test it, and will post on my solution(s)...

AT LEAST, NOW YOU KNOW THERE IS A SOLUTION FOR IT ! THIS IS IMPORTANT !!!

cheers to all

EternalEmpty

p.s. I am now using the card to go online and reply the post, feeling good.......

here it is

VEN_14E4 DEV_1693

after installing leopard using vanilla kernel now my internet is not working

before it was working when i used default sleep kernel

Acer Aspire 5720G

Dual boot-XP64 & leopard10.5.2

Intel Core 2 Duo Mobile

Intel GM965 Chipset

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2300

RAM:3GB

Intel HDA(Realtek ALC268 codec )

Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Wireless Card

Broadcom BCM5787M Gigabit Ethernet

Edit: I'm freaking retarded is pretty much what it boils down to. I, for whatever reason, thought the Precision 690 used the Broadcom 570x NIC, but it actually has the 575x (after searching for device id 1600 on pcidatabase.com). I'm currently putting that driver back to the way it was and going to attempt the same process on the 575x driver instead. I'll post later :(

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So after messing around with this network card for a couple of days I seem to have come to an end. I have a Dell Precision 690 with an onboard Broadcom 570x (device ID 1600). I found this post: http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3045 (very last post) which kind of gave me some encouragement. I followed those instructions, replacing the hex values with the corresponding value for my NIC's device ID (using Hex Fiend), added the device to the Info.plist and kextload'd it and to my amazement and joy OS X popped up saying a new network device had been detected and asked me to configure it. A few moments later it was telling me the NIC was active and gave me a DHCP address. I launched Safari and about 7/8 of the way through loading http://www.apple.com/startpage the system panicked(sp?). I thought maybe it was because I had loaded it manually and it was looking for a dependency so I rebooted and the system came right back up. I launched Safari again and experienced the exact same behavior. I'm 95% sure it's the NIC driver causing this because this only happened after I made those changes to the kext, and I used a hex editor to do it (as opposed to changing the source and recompiling). I'm going to try and disable the nvinjet kext and see if that does anything for me, but I'm pretty skeptical. Is there any practical way to debug these problems or is it like once you kernel panic you go back to the drawing board? I'm interested to see EternalEmpty's solution (and would like to compare notes *hint*hint* :unsure:). Thoughts? Ideas? Divine intervention?

Maik