Broadcom 570x and 575x

ohpossum

936 posts in this topic

Hi

i have BCM 5752 (14e4 1600) and with modding the .kext i can get my card recognized but with MAC all 0-s. I can set the correct MAC address and it even WORKS, unfortunately only for some seconds (or bytes).

Funnily it works for a long time (maybe even indefenetely) when using telnet or similar, when browsing internet or fetching mail it hangs within few secs.

The situation has been the same for Tiger as well Leopard. Now in Leo i have to load the BCM.kext manually.

Thanks Nisa-itI have the bcm5755 on a Dell D830 and had to add the device add to your info.plist and works 100%14e4:1673added it above your 14e4:1677 id.I am confused I see the next id below the 1677 as 1648? should that be in a numerical order or it really does not matter?Nisa-it bcm5755M 14e4:1673 Id works 100% on Dell Latitide D830.Just added the id above your 14e4:1677.I noticed just below that id you have 14e4:1648 isn't that out of numerical order or does that matter?Nisa-it bcm5755M 14e4:1673 Id works 100% on Dell Latitide D830.Just added the id above your 14e4:1677.I noticed just below that id you have 14e4:1648 isn't that out of numerical order or does that matter?

Where is that second nisa-try file? I had several kexts and no one of them worked properly with the zero mac address problem. Could you put the exact link to that page or to that file in order to try it?

Dear guys, does this really support my 5753 (HP NC6400) on Leopard?

Now be online is a huuuuuuge problem for me on my newly-installed Leopard.

HP NC6400 has a 5753 and a 3945. Well..........now 3945 is a no end story. So I am really desperate!!!

Please HELP!!

Where is that second nisa-try file? I had several kexts and no one of them worked properly with the zero mac address problem. Could you put the exact link to that page or to that file in order to try it?

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...987&st=160#

Post 174 of this thread.

Trying it myself, but not expecting too much..

Ok, I'm seeing the same results as d3ll..

I've got the same NIC as he does, in a d630. I'll try one or two other things when I have a chance, but based on previous tests with a tiger install, not expecting to get very far.

i have the same prob as d3ll and equate..

AppleBCM5751Ethernet: 0 0 resetAdapter - FTQ initialization failed

AppleBCM5751Ethernet: 0 0 wakeUp - reset adapter failed

AppleBCM5751Ethernet: 0 0 enable - failed

i'm trying nisa's kexts on d630 (5750 14e4 1673).. i'm sad.. I feel that we're near to our dream.. :(

i have the same prob as d3ll and equate..

AppleBCM5751Ethernet: 0 0 resetAdapter - FTQ initialization failed

AppleBCM5751Ethernet: 0 0 wakeUp - reset adapter failed

AppleBCM5751Ethernet: 0 0 enable - failed

i'm trying nisa's kexts on d630 (5750 14e4 1673).. i'm sad.. I feel that we're near to our dream.. :thumbsup_anim:

That's exactly what I get. So close, but no cigar :hammer:

I'd try asking nisa-it for help, but he/she seems to have vanished.. Not been on here in quite a while.

We may have to wait for the driver that's being developed from the ground up :-/

Necronoid: did you see anything different? Which model do you have?

wiruzik and I have BCM 5755M's. I suspect d3ll does as well.

That's exactly what I get. So close, but no cigar :)

I'd try asking nisa-it for help, but he/she seems to have vanished.. Not been on here in quite a while.

We may have to wait for the driver that's being developed from the ground up :-/

Necronoid: did you see anything different? Which model do you have?

wiruzik and I have BCM 5755M's. I suspect d3ll does as well.

the kextload AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext command gives the following error:

MCXD.initializeDirectoryServices: Unable to get the ethernet address

Jan 7 15:27:57 necronoids-computer /System/Library/CoreServices/mcxd.app/Contents/MacOS/mcxd: MCXD.initializeDirectoryServices: Unable to get the ethernet address

I don't have physical network interface either. I revert back to the old one at least I had dhcp working.

I have a dell d610 with bcm 5751/di 1677

Hello NecronoiD,I have read somwhere in the forum, that you can add the real mac setting is the first init script.It will change your zeros to your values.regards,bozon42

The interface configuration command ifconfig available in most unix (including macosx bsd) have the ability to change mac address on the fly using the ifconfig interface new:mac:address: Later you can add that command to a custom boot script if you want to.

The problem is that the kext available can't read the real mac address and thats why we all have zero mac address. When you try to change that mac address, the system tries to bind the old mac address to the new mac address that is why all of us have a freeze problem when trying to do this.It would be great to have a new kext whith a prebinded mac address to bypass the network switches, independly if the prebinded mac address is the real or not.

I guess I should call myself lucky as it works for me on a Fujitsu-Siemens latop. Well, no MAC address but if I add it I'm fine....

....that's when I boot from the docking station !

I won't get the network to work if I boot without docking station. The ethernet is still recognised, but it does not go 'up'.

Adding the mac address and ifconfig en0 up works, but I can't ping my default gateway.

I also don't have a /var/run/resolv.conf

Has anyone seen the situation where the system does not configure the same device the same way depending if the laptop is on a docking station or not ?

As far I could see using a linux live cd, I have the same mac address with and without docking station....

After hours of failed attempts I am finally able to get on the internet from OS X. Using the AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext found on this thread, I believe Nama-it is the man to thank, but I might have miss spelled the name, sorry!

I have a BroadcomNetExtreme Gigabit Ethernet Device ID 167D from a IBM T43, this NIC was listed as one of the Broadcom 57xx that should work with this patch.

After installing the kext according to these instructions:

1. unpack AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext.zip

2. move AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext to /System/Library/Extensions/

3. open Terminal

4. sudo -s

5. chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/

6. cd /System/Library/Extensions/

7. chmod -R 755 AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext

8. reboot

Now, I initially did get an IP but internet did not work, my Mac was 00:00:00..etc.

I followed these get MAC instructions to get my internet to work:

sudo ifconfig en0 ether 00:13:72:18:XX:YY

(machine should get IP address if you connect cable)

# renew IP

sudo ipconfig set en0 BOOTP

sudo ipconfig set en0 DHCP

Now this works some of the time. When it works under network preferences it says I have an IP, shows my IP and the icon is green.

Most of the time it doesnt work. After my first restart my device was listed as inactive under ifconfig and could not get IP. Sometimes under network preferences It will say Network Cable Unplugged, even when its plugged in. Other times nothing shows up at all.

After many restars, I can get the adapter to show up again, it is listed as PCI Ethernet Slot ethernet. And after getting MAC everything is up and running.

Sometimes though under network preferences it says cable for PCI Ethernet Slot ethernet is connected, but your computer does not have an IP. This is strange because I do have an ip when i use ifconfig in terminal, and I can connect to the internet. Strange behavior to say the least.

Either way, my internet works okay for now. Hopefully there will be some improvements in the future.

I am running Jas 2.0 10.4.8 .

Which patched kext are u using? Most of us get a osx hang when we try to change the mac address
I am using Tinheads kext found on page 2 of this thread, here is the link to the .zip file containing the kext.http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=1185

Also, not sure it his makes any difference, but under Network Preferences my computer detects 2 Ethernet devices, one is listed as Ethernet and the other is PCI Ethernet Slot ethernet. The adapter labeled as Ethernet never works, although it does have a MAC... Furthermore PCI Ethernet Slot ethernet is listed as en1 and Ethernet is en0.Also, not sure it his makes any difference, but under Network Preferences my computer detects 2 Ethernet devices, one is listed as Ethernet and the other is PCI Ethernet Slot ethernet. The adapter labeled as Ethernet never works, although it does have a MAC... Furthermore PCI Ethernet Slot ethernet is listed as en1 and Ethernet is en0.