Broadcom 570x and 575x

ohpossum

936 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I got a 5752M almost working in 10.5.2. I've posted a tutorial here. I'm having the same kernel panic issue as others but my MAC address, link status etc works flawlessly. Maybe my method can help solve the problems some of you are having. I did it on leopard kexts but it might work with other versions.

Good luck.

EDIT: By the way, this 5751 kext floating around is just a 5701 kext that somebody chopped up - it's not an official version from apple. In my method we are doing a similar thing but differently from the 5751 hack. So everyone using the 5751 kext might try it my way also.

I got a 5752M almost working in 10.5.2.

It's not almost working. There are a hundred parts to an ethernet driver. Your hack gets the "MAC address" and "initial connection" parts working. There are 98 other parts that you know nothing about that simply will not work correctly. The chips have significant differences that must be accounted for. You're wasting your time. End of story.

Is the BCM5787 driver moving anywhere guys? If an experience hacker would want me to be a test bed for whatever he could try to do for this driver I'll be very happy to help (I can connect to the net from my linux box and we could chat on silc/any chat client while I'm editing the driver and reporting back logs/dmesg/messages in real time, pm me or leave a note here please).

I understand this is not a small task and can only offer my time and hardware. I am, however, somewhat profficient in C (albeit no driver development only some moderate graphics coding for renderman renderers), bash, unix systems in general so you won't have a complete moron on the other side of the line if you decide to try and invest some time in this :hysterical: A lot of people would be very greatfull I'm sure.

Thanks

Hi every body , I love Leopard so much but i don't have enough money to buy new Mac machine :) . So i try to install the Kalyway 10.5.2 to my laptop DELL XPS M1710 . It's seem to be easy in install the OS and when i try to install the driver , i have a problem in Ethernet driver . After read all the post before this post i have try the solutions of HATER but it's working not partially . When i complete all needed as HATER say . I reboot and then when i type google.com in the Sarafi brower . It's okie , the logo of Google showing but it's only 5 second before the black screen showing with the alert that : " Hold on the POWER button to restart the .... " and it's freeze . So anyone can help me to solve this problem and have any body try to install the Broadcom 57xx Extreme Gigabit driver in the Kalyway 10.5.2 ... My Vendor ID is 14e4 and dev id is 1600 .

Good luck to every body -_- .. Thanks Tinhead and Hater so much for TUT ;)

Welcome to this forum. Unfortunately you have reached the end of road concerning this issue. So you are standing pretty much with everybody waiting for a solution to come out, but there's no one to fix the problem. And there's no one who seems willing to fix this neither.

5751M is working for me

Specs :

Dell XPS 710

Intel Core2 Duo E6600

Nforce 590i for Intel

4 Gigabyte

250 GB HDD

Sigmatel 9227 - Output works,Mic not

Broadcom 5751M - Works, and shuts down at very high traffic..but better then Kernel panics -_-

Help me to establish please the driver for Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet.

pci\ven_14e4&dev_169d

Acer Apire 5675WLHi

Intel Core Duo T2600

ATI Mobility Radeon x1600 256Mb

Realtek 883 HD Audio

Kalyway Leopard 10.5.2

If it is possible, explain to me step by step that I need to make...

Hi folks,

Just installed Leo4all 10.5.2, installation is successful, expect audio and network drivers.

Audio is Realtek HD audio

NETwork

Atheros Ar5007EG wireless

Broadcom Netlink ethernet.

can somebody please help me to find the above drivers.

FYI- i am on Acer 5315

lazydesi, I had all over again too problems with a sound , in Windows I have found in properties Audio HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0883

At installation of system I have chosen the driver for ALC883 and after that at me with a sound is not present problems.. All outputs and inputs work. I hope it can help you.

lazydesi your post is completely off topic. If you have a BCM57xx, fine, but it's not clear that you do. Please do NOT hijack this thread to discuss other drivers. Those problems do NOT belong in this thread.

spacesee, please take the discussion of sound cards and chips someplace else. The purpose of this thread is not to discuss sound problems.

Hi every body , I love Leopard so much but i don't have enough money to buy new Mac machine :thumbsdown_anim: . So i try to install the Kalyway 10.5.2 to my laptop DELL XPS M1710 . It's seem to be easy in install the OS and when i try to install the driver , i have a problem in Ethernet driver . After read all the post before this post i have try the solutions of HATER but it's working not partially . When i complete all needed as HATER say . I reboot and then when i type google.com in the Sarafi brower . It's okie , the logo of Google showing but it's only 5 second before the black screen showing with the alert that : " Hold on the POWER button to restart the .... " and it's freeze . So anyone can help me to solve this problem and have any body try to install the Broadcom 57xx Extreme Gigabit driver in the Kalyway 10.5.2 ... My Vendor ID is 14e4 and dev id is 1600 .

Good luck to every body :thumbsdown_anim: .. Thanks Tinhead and Hater so much for TUT :D

same problem here... need working Ethernet Driver for Broadcom 57xx Extreme Gigabit (Vendor ID is 14e4 and dev id is 1600).... rite now using Kalyway 10.5.2 in Dell Latitude D620....

thanks..

hey tinhead , i have Leopard 10.5.2 & i have broadcom 5789 it doesn't work :rolleyes: , i wanna to try this driver .... plz help me thx...hey tinhead , i have Leopard 10.5.2 & i have broadcom 5789 it doesn't work :D , i wanna to try this driver .... plz help me thx...hey tinhead , i have Leopard 10.5.2 & i have broadcom 5789 it doesn't work :P , i wanna to try this driver .... plz help me thx...hey tinhead , i have Leopard 10.5.2 & i have broadcom 5789 it doesn't work :( , i wanna to try this driver .... plz help me thx...hey tinhead , i have Leopard 10.5.2 & i have broadcom 5789 it doesn't work , i wanna to try this driver .... plz help me thx...hey tinhead , i have Leopard 10.5.2 & i have broadcom 5789 it doesn't work :( , i wanna to try this driver .... plz help me thx...hey tinhead , i have Leopard 10.5.2 & i have broadcom 5789 it doesn't work :( , i wanna to try this driver .... plz help me thx...

Hi folks,

Just installed Leo4all 10.5.2, installation is successful, expect audio and network drivers.

Audio is Realtek HD audio

NETwork

Atheros Ar5007EG wireless

Broadcom Netlink ethernet.

can somebody please help me to find the above drivers.

FYI- i am on Acer 5315

Lazydesi: I have the same model of laptop as you. Yeah, the networking sucks. Both the wired and wireless currently are unsupported. Also, if you want AUDIO to work, download and run the ALC268_Installer2 from THIS link: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32859

lazydesi your post is completely off topic. If you have a BCM57xx, fine, but it's not clear that you do. Please do NOT hijack this thread to discuss other drivers. Those problems do NOT belong in this thread.

BigPimpin: Well, his laptop does have a 5906M card, which has been talked about on and off in this thread. I am still trying to figure out how to get it to work, but, AFAIK, no one has. Has anyone yet figured out the 5906M?

Hi Guys,

I followed this suggestion and my Broadcom 57xx (ID 14e4, DEV 1677) works now very well, I can see also her mac address with ipconfig: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=102244

I didn't add any drivers but I only changed the files supplied with my Mac installation (Leo4All 10.5.2) into /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext/Contents:

- Info.plist where I add my network card parameters

- MacOS/AppleBCM5701Ethernet where I modified the information reported on link above

I hope this info can help you.

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

a lot a people are telling me that up to BCM5751 ( wich we have BCM5754 ) is not supported

I got my card recongnize by osx, but mac adress 00:00:00:00:00:00

and it will not work

but anyway , il go buy a nice wifi card instead