Broadcom 570x and 575x

ohpossum

936 posts in this topic

Alright, so after putting the 5701 driver back together I started using that same method to hack at the 575x driver. I wasn't able to find the exact hex values (but I wasn't really expecting to, being that it's a different file). I picked a device ID to replace (in this case 167d which was listed in the Info.plist). All in all there were 46 instances of this that I replaced with 1600. After saving the file I touch'd /System/Library/Extensions to rebuild the kext cache and rebooted. When it came back up there wasn't a device present in the Network preferences pane, but when I clicked the + it let me add one. Almost immediately after that it assigned itself a private IP address in the 169.254 range. Renewing the DHCP lease didn't seem to fix it, so I went digging through Console to see what I could see. Right off the bat I saw BCM5751Enet: Ethernet address 00:00:00:00:00 which isn't a good sign. I'm guessing I need to start there (and is probably the point where some other people are currently, but I just wanted to post my progress before leaving work for the day.

Maik

I thought the 575x driver IS the 5701 driver renamed post-hack. Are they the same size?

Well I did a du -sh on both files (AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleBCM5701Ethernet and the original AppleBCM5751Ethernet before edits) and I got this result:

328K AppleBCM5701Ethernet

140K AppleBCM5751Ethernet

And as I expected the modified AppleBCM5751Ethernet is the name size. So nope, they appear to be different files altogether.

After setting the MAC address manually I immediately got a DHCP address. I fired up Safari and it didn't immediately kernel panic, but instead the entire system slowed to a crawl and then became unusuable. I could move the mouse and wait 10-15 seconds and the cursor would move, but there was obviously a problem. So right now I'm going back to the graphics driver hypothesis. I will post updates shortly.

Update:

I moved NVinject.kext out so it wouldn't get loaded and, though I don't have any hardware acceleration, the networking issue had seemed to be sorted out. I fired up Safari and loaded Apple's start page just fine. I then went to news.google.com and it also loaded fine. After it sitting for a few seconds however, it kernel panicked again. I think I may try a reinstall and do just the network driver and see if I can rule anything else out.

UPDATE !!!

SCREEN SHOOT AND FILE MOVED TO

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=114605

Hi, guys

I have been working on testing BCM5787/BCM5787M whole day today, since it is one of the most buggy card for me, "14e4, 169D"

it's been a great day, I have use the driver to download IPHONE-SDK.dmg , / 1.25GB appx. ..resume 3 times as the server down or some sort, the max speed carry out up to 435KBS, and very stable, I hope this is a REAL hope for ALL 14E4, 169D card owners ... as I was so sick of a little thing is no working in the whole package.

too tired for me to do all the post today, I will post up the solution on Sunday , just leave msg to all those whom may waiting for the solution, if you have some more question, please also pm me, if I can help, I will try ...

cheers

EternalEmpty

ps. I have sucessfully installed IPHONE SDK on OSX 10.5.2 (when it required 10.5.3 or above)...

if anybody need to know how, or something ..I can open a new topic, but will try to do a little application to see what happen .happy.gif

UPDATE: kext and install tutorial for BCM57XX (partially) detail cards I have tested please see the list below

File name : BCM57XX.zip

contents tree:

BCM57XX

...... tutorial.txt

.......BCM57XX kext

.....AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext

.....IONetworkingFamily.kext

---------------------------------

Bibliography

-----------------------------------

EXTENSION ---> refers to "/system/library/extensions/"

--------------------------------

to install :

ATTENTION : This is a tutorial base on my test case, it may not working on all the machine, please use those driver on your own risk!!!

1, For safe reason, please backup your "EXTENSION " folder before start this tutorial

2, Unzip BCM57XX.zip to your desktop , you will see the contents of the BCM57XX folder have files listed as the "content tree" above

3, COPY both "AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext" ,"IONetworkingFamily.kext" to your "EXTENSION" folder , IMPORTANT, COPY BOTH FILES to EXTENSIONs, do no open the kext file or try to modify any contents,

4, A pop up windows for Authentication will pop up, just authenticate for it , YOU MUST DO THIS !!!

5, "Ignore" any warning about the above file that has been changed, coz the system will check for file changes and will tell you something like "unable to load/use " the file.. bla bla

6, DO the list of CMD lines as I listed below, line by line, do no copy/paste, because the chance of you will screw up the whole process by copy and paste are very high, unless you know what are you doing

------------- CMD under bash ------------------

sudo -s

(your password)

cd /System/Library/Extensions/

sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext

cd /System/Library/

sudo rm -rf Extensions.*

diskutil repairpermissions / (<-------- if after this step you didn't see your system repairing like 10% .....20%......, please redo again, before reboot)

sudo reboot

------------END OF CMD-----------------------

CROSS YOUR FINGERS AND YOUR LEGS AND reboot, AFTER REBOOT, IF you see a windows popup says " NETWORK DEVICES DETECTED " then you can start to dance, if unfuntunately, Sorry, try again and possible PM me

the MAC will still be zeros, but you will have no problem of getting online, for those people who connect to router, please configure your NETWORK details in the card option, and for those who use PPPoE , some of those ISP need to know your MAC, I am sorry .. but you still can try , under terminal

sudo ifconfig en0 ether XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX

X = 0~9 , A~F

Setting up your DNS is very important, very very important, so I recommend everybody set up with DNS address by type in.

-----------*POSSIBLE* SUPPORT DEVICES----------------------

16a6 possible

166a possible

1677 TESTED

1648 TESTED

165d possible

1696 TESTED

165e very likely

169d EXTREAM LOAD TESTING PASSED, as I have modified the network card hardware settings, I don't recommend other to do so, so I will only provide a very original kext

167d very likely

1693 TESTED

This driver is actually work for few models, please also make respect to those whom helping to make all the driver works for ALL Hackintosh,

AND when you use those drivers, please CREDIT all your pleasures to this whoever makes this modification and impovement easier for us, I strong recommend ALL Future OS X build include those drivers.

and you know who are you, guys .......

----------TEST SYSTEM SETTING---------------

Q6600,

INTEL 975X chip

4GB RAM

iatkos v2.0 partially updated to 10.5.4

----------END OF THE REPORT--------------

ANY QUESTION, PM ME!

FOR MORE INFO FILE , PLEASE VISIT

-----------SPECIAL THANKS TO http://forum.insanelymac.com/ ------ to help us get together and help each other,

FINAILLYYYYY .......... feel free to leave your suggestion and opinions. ...so that we know you have use the file and our afford is worthwhile....

ETERNALEMPTY

----------- TO THOSE WHOM FEEL that the file may concern to you, please pm me or email to suggest your opinion, thanks very much,

this driver is not for any commercial purpose, please support mac by buy a mac (when time is right )..~_~...

So do you expect this to be a fix for all of the unsupported 575x Broadcom cards, or just yours? I hope you'll post what you did to get it work so the same method could be adapted to getting other cards to work.

it didn't work for me with BCM5787M dev id 14e4:1693

0 ResetAdapter - FTQ initialization failed

0 wakeUp - reset adapter failed

0 enable - failed

and so on, repeated 3 times

ty for the attempt :)

I made some time ago a kext partially working with the bcm5787M, its only fault was it lock-up the hack after receive/transmit some packets, does yours showed the same problems at the beginning? if yes how did you fix it?

EDIT------------

i got the system enabling the card only hacking the BCM5751:Enet::resetadapter function, as it is now, it don't know about the 1693, wonder how it can work for you, maybe i've made a wrong/quick hack but after the hack i got the exact results as with mine kext, so kpanic or lock after receiving few packets :thumbsup_anim:

the only difference i see with yours is that it get the ifconfig en0 ether xx:xx etc while mine don't

good luck :)

[sorry for bad english]

I can not open my kext by hexedit.Help me please (Can be because it is a folder?)

my Broadcom 5787 (14e4:1693) was defined,

Mac address is 00...

command: sudo ifconfig en0 ether XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX X = 0~9 , A~F - IS DON'T WORKING!

Mac address is 00... again

Help me

[sorry for bad english]I can not open my kext by hexedit.Help me please (Can be because it is a folder?)my Broadcom 5787 (14e4:1693) was defined,Mac address is 00...command: sudo ifconfig en0 ether XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX X = 0~9 , A~F - IS DON'T WORKING!Mac address is 00... againHelp me
your should not use any hex edit software to modify the kext or the content, you are risking make it won't work,( you always can download again,I know, but trust me, you don't want to do that, only if you know what are you doing ) sudo ifconfig en0 ether XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX ---> meant X = 0~9 , A~F for example 00:a1:b2:c3:e4:f5:d6MAC address is ZERO, that is fine, as long as you have the MAC 00:00:00~~~ it means your card will work, ( simile) just config your ISP DNS, ROUTER IP . you are good to go EternalEmpty
it didn't work for me with BCM5787M dev id 14e4:16930 ResetAdapter - FTQ initialization failed0 wakeUp - reset adapter failed0 enable - failedand so on, repeated 3 timesty for the attempt :D I made some time ago a kext partially working with the bcm5787M, its only fault was it lock-up the hack after receive/transmit some packets, does yours showed the same problems at the beginning? if yes how did you fix it? EDIT------------i got the system enabling the card only hacking the BCM5751:Enet::resetadapter function, as it is now, it don't know about the 1693, wonder how it can work for you, maybe i've made a wrong/quick hack but after the hack i got the exact results as with mine kext, so kpanic or lock after receiving few packets ;) the only difference i see with yours is that it get the ifconfig en0 ether xx:xx etc while mine don'tgood luck :)
POSSIBLE solution Remove your cache files, including the user cache, and after clear up all the cache, ( make sure you did), back up and remove those two file that didn't work for you in your EXTENSIONS folder, and copy those files from the zip to your EXTENSION folders , repair permission, again, standard thingy .... if your card is un-pluggable, shut down your machine, and take off power, unplug your network card, start your computer, and make sure the system run stops, then shut down again, and put the card back to your machine ,( kids are not recommend to do so at home by yourself ... ~_~ ) for onboard one, disable your network card in the bios after shut down, take off the power cable, and wait for 3 minute ..plug back the power cable, start your machine, until the run stops , shut down ... and enable your card ....in most of the time ..it works for those card with poor electrical engineer designs ..... try it good luck EternalEmpty

Hi, i tried it, but no joy, it doesn't even pick the card up... ll it picks up is to proof to myself that the drivers doesnt work. please help!i have managed to get a canyon wifi usb to work, but this detects as en0. it doesnt even pickup the network card, at all.

your should not use any hex edit software to modify the kext or the content, you are risking make it won't work,( you always can download again,I know, but trust me, you don't want to do that, only if you know what are you doing ) sudo ifconfig en0 ether XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX ---> meant X = 0~9 , A~F for example 00:a1:b2:c3:e4:f5:d6MAC address is ZERO, that is fine, as long as you have the MAC 00:00:00~~~ it means your card will work, ( simile) just config your ISP DNS, ROUTER IP . you are good to go EternalEmptyPOSSIBLE solution Remove your cache files, including the user cache, and after clear up all the cache, ( make sure you did), back up and remove those two file that didn't work for you in your EXTENSIONS folder, and copy those files from the zip to your EXTENSION folders , repair permission, again, standard thingy .... if your card is un-pluggable, shut down your machine, and take off power, unplug your network card, start your computer, and make sure the system run stops, then shut down again, and put the card back to your machine ,( kids are not recommend to do so at home by yourself ... ~_~ ) for onboard one, disable your network card in the bios after shut down, take off the power cable, and wait for 3 minute ..plug back the power cable, start your machine, until the run stops , shut down ... and enable your card ....in most of the time ..it works for those card with poor electrical engineer designs ..... try it good luck EternalEmpty

Hey there, I'm trying with my Broadcom 5787 (14e4:1693), followed a tutorial I get the card as en0, no MAC (all zeroes) .When I insert a cable (or if it's already inserted) the card does get an IP assigned by the router. Hoever, after opening Safari, I can only surf a little while (seconds, a minute maybe) and then the whole system crashes with that giant "power button icon" and I have to turn off the system..... hoe can this be fixed? :blink:

Hey there, I'm trying with my Broadcom 5787 (14e4:1693), followed a tutorial I get the card as en0, no MAC (all zeroes) .When I insert a cable (or if it's already inserted) the card does get an IP assigned by the router. Hoever, after opening Safari, I can only surf a little while (seconds, a minute maybe) and then the whole system crashes with that giant "power button icon" and I have to turn off the system..... hoe can this be fixed? :unsure:
go to the card's option (en0 or whatever), and go to check your duplex model , change it to half duplex, some router does push a lot packages before actually start to feed data from internet to your computer, it usually because of the made of router and also maybe some RJ45 wires are poorly connected.. and play around with it, I haven't got that card with me now, can't do anything here, but just play around with the options, more panic is going to come, for BCM users, we need more than luck, so ..good luck ...also, check your Router setting, disable the PnP function on your router, use Manually setup function to set up your card , DO NOT USE DHCPEternalEmpty
Hi, i tried it, but no joy, it doesn't even pick the card up... ll it picks up is to proof to myself that the drivers doesnt work. please help!i have managed to get a canyon wifi usb to work, but this detects as en0. it doesnt even pickup the network card, at all.
pick up is good, so ..can you see EN0, with mac address 00:00:00: ~~~ if you did, then that is about it, just go around the post, and read similar tutorial on it

Is that a technical procedure or a prayer meeting? Half-duplex, router PnP, poorly connected wires, play around, you need "more than luck", etc. etc. None of that is relevant when the problem is a defective device driver. Next he'll tell you to sacrifice a chicken on the next full moon and when that doesn't work he'll tell you the knife you used wasn't the right kind. It sounds like me buying a lottery ticket and hoping really hard that I win.

See my profile for a new alternative to all this madness. BCM57XX and BCM590X - all Tigon3 devices. There's more work to be done but I think it's a good start.

EE is spouting a lot of nonsense. Half-duplex, router PnP, poorly connected wires, play around, you need "more" than luck, etc. etc. etc. None of that is relevant when the problem is a defective device driver. None of it. Next he'll be telling you to sacrifice a chicken on the next full moon and when that doesn't work he'll tell you you used the wrong kind of knife.

See my profile for a new alternative to all this madness. BCM57XX and BCM590X - all Tigon3 devices. There's more work to be done but I think it's a good start.

what do you expect from me ? full time working on the driver without making for my own living ? come on, I am doing for fun, not for responsibility, and if you know more about it, why you still just "STARTING " at least I have make few works...

and I DIDN'T FORCE anybody to use those driver or my tutorial, if you don't like it, go away...

and just drop it, ok? I am not come here for a battle, if you simply just jealous I come before you, take the chance, make us all happy by make a non- breakable driver for all DEVICES, I will BE VERY HAPPY TO save a lot of nights try to figure out how to help myself too.

by the way. your name really defined you well by your jealousy little comment,

I WILL LEAVE YOU ALONE!!! NO TIME FOR {censored} TALK !!!

for people who interest on the driver, visit here

I'm not here for a battle either and if your method helps anyone I'm sure they are grateful. But it's all mumbo-jumbo. It sounds like the furthest thing possible away from a reliable solution. You're adjusting the controls and pushing every button on the control panel without having the slightest clue about what they do or how they affect the inner workings. Your free time would be better used to take an English class or two. At least you would gain something from that instead of wasting your time.

Acer Extensa 5220Broadcom 5758M (14e4-1693)distr Kalyway 10.5.1 (without vanilla)use AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext with kextinstall - Stupidly :)result:netboard is defined (but mac address 00:00:00:00:00:00)ping is available but i-net temporarily not working :D:):D :wallbash:Has forgotten:in file plist from AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext delete all strings, which not 14e4-1693 (<array>...<//array>)It has helped

Acer Extensa 5220Broadcom 5758M (14e4-1693)distr Kalyway 10.5.1 (without vanilla)use AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext with kextinstall - Stupidly :)result:netboard is defined (but mac address 00:00:00:00:00:00)ping is available but i-net temporarily not working B):):D :wallbash:Has forgotten:in file plist from AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext delete all strings, which not 14e4-1693 (<array>...<//array>)It has helped

Great!!! thanks for feedbacks

can you go online ? open web page?

remember to set your IP manually ,and DNS , Router IP , :D

nice... as long as it works ..who care how do you install it, MAC 00:00 for myself too ..but it works fine !!!

I've got a HP 6510b with a Broadcom BCM5787M Gigabit Ethernet Card.

I installed OSX86 with a kalyway 10.5.2 Disc and everything except for network seems to work fine with a few minor bugs.

Now I loaded the AppleBCM57x1 kext (I'm not sure abt the digit marked x it must be either a 5701 or 5751) and the network applet in system properties detected a new ethernet interface and configured it propertly. Then i continued using safari (Web Browsing worked fine and fast) and itunes for some time before the machine stopped responding. Now i;m not sure why this is happening and i want to investigate if this is due to compatibilty issues with either itunes or the sound kexts.

If anyone has a previous experience/BugFix of a similar incompatibilty please let me know. Meanwhile i'll check weather my mac is assigned allright, and try tweaking the settings

Great!!! thanks for feedbacks

can you go online ? open web page?

remember to set your IP manually ,and DNS , Router IP , ^_^

nice... as long as it works ..who care how do you install it, MAC 00:00 for myself too ..but it works fine !!!

EE, is yours functioning perfectly without any issues??? Was it the 5787M like mine?? If it is, can you post for me what you installed so I can try it? I tried setting everything by hand (IP, DNS, etc. ) but it still crashes after a few seconds of surfing.

Regards!

EE, is yours functioning perfectly without any issues??? Was it the 5787M like mine?? If it is, can you post for me what you installed so I can try it? I tried setting everything by hand (IP, DNS, etc. ) but it still crashes after a few seconds of surfing.

Regards!

can you have a look on the screen shoot here?\

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...rt=#entry811553

can you have a look on the screen shoot here?\

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...rt=#entry811553

Yes, I see the screenshot. I will try to do everything again. One question: the IONetworkingFamily.kext did you DELETE the original and places the one in the zip, or did you copy the one in the zip INTO the existing one?

Also, did you do any other manual setting besides IP, Gateway, DNS ?

Thanks!

Yes, I see the screenshot. I will try to do everything again. One question: the IONetworkingFamily.kext did you DELETE the original and places the one in the zip, or did you copy the one in the zip INTO the existing one?

Also, did you do any other manual setting besides IP, Gateway, DNS ?

Thanks!

I do backup first , and then delete or replace, repairpermission

I set all the IP /dns and gateway manually

for more detail ..please refer to to another topic :WORKING driver for BCM57XX

• 3 weeks later...