Radeon Xpress 200M

thedopefishlives

483 posts in this topic

That's basically the problem Vitasg! I'm counting on turning completely to the system, but there are some basic primary conditions such as DVd playback working properly!!! So Qe/ci must work...

Ofcourse in this case i'd rather buy a mac or buy new videocard! But what shall i say...'m quite stuborn concerning the video card, but i'm not intending to buy a mac though!

So i'm hoping to hear good news, to once and for all make a complete transition to the system. Finger crossed!!!

Hello Slice...i have tried the solution who i have posted...but it didn't ...have you any solution(vendor ID 5a62)?

No yet. Numerous trying with the best result of QE/CI enabled but ve-e-ery slooooow.

I have tons of information but no time to understand all of them and no good assistant.

No yet. Numerous trying with the best result of QE/CI enabled but ve-e-ery slooooow.

I have tons of information but no time to understand all of them and no good assistant.

In present

Now I am confuded. When you say it will work, do you mean that QE/CI is enabled for the x200?

In future

You can find lots of drivers all around this thread and other threads, but it's not the great beta experience you think you'll get. I'd consider this more like pre-alpha. it's not as if it's like, "Oooo, beta drivers! They work mostly, no real issues.. I can get QE/CI right now!" It's a headache and you might mess up your whole system... not to say that you didn't know that, but there are always people lurking around besides you who may be influenced by your post to beg for "beta" drivers, and even those people should know what to expect: Not much. I apologize if this paragraph was a waste of your time, paxxx.

I'm waiting until a final driver is out and working before I try anything. This leopard box has been running for several months now and no system failure. QE/CI at this point is only needed for a game or two, 3D modelling, iWork and Logic Studio Pro.

I use Ati x200m with 1280x200 resolution obtained with the installation of drivers callisto03fixed! I using Leopard for several months in this situation ......

But in order to move permanently to this system I, and many others who have my same problem ...... We must count on full support for the card, without QE / CI activated, many applications doesn't starts .......... !!!!!!

Do you know if he is someone there working to get QE / CI, or the project was abandoned?

How did you setup and install callisto03fixed because I have followed a couple of tutorials but I have never been able to increase resolution past 1024x768.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How did you setup and install callisto03fixed because I have followed a couple of tutorials but I have never been able to increase resolution past 1024x768.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

you have to edit the callistohal.kext to match your device ID it will tell you how to do it in the instructions

Oh man, im so joyful right now :D, i fianlly installed 10.5.2 on my aspire 5050 :D after DOZENS of trial and error.

And now this!? man im so joyful and hopeful :P, keep us updated please :] i cant wait for this!

oh and anybody wanna help me with callisto. i'm having problems understanding the instruction, can i add someone on msn messenger? and mayb can help me follow the instructions? please and thanks :]

MacOSX needs that Video driver contains classes IODisplay, IOFramebuffer, IOAccelerator and many others absent in Linux sources.

Where can I find the callisto03fixed file?? I can't find it anywhere... :huh:

Hi, I see in your machine specs are the same as mine, but when I load Callisto3fixe (putting my ID inside the kext) and reboot, I get the options for more resolutions but when I click on weither one of them (1280x1024,etc) the screen goes black and I cant get to anymore and I have to reboot, can you tell me how you installe it please? thanks! The only difference between your and mine is that I loaded Darwin 9.2.0 and you have 9.2.2 would that make a difference?

Can you include here your kext files already modified, it seems to have the same device ID's, mine is 0x5955 and 0x1002 vendor (so it should be 0x59551002).

Mine is a dv5224nr running leo4allv3 with :

128MB dedicated video ATI Radeon Xpress 200M

2.2Ghz Turion 64 ML-40

Memory: 1.25 GB DDR333

Yours:

Mac OS X 10.5.2 Leo4allv3 : Darwin Kernel 9.2.2

Laptop: HP Pavilion dv5135nr : 1.8Ghz AMD Turion 64 ML-34

Memory: 1024MB DDR333

Video: 128MB ATI Radeon Xpress 200M (0x5955)(1280x800 using Callisto_b003fixed, no QE/CI)

Sound: RealTek AC'97 (working)

Internet: Wireless - Broadcom 802.11 b/g (BCM4318)(working)

Ethernet - RealTek 8187 (working)

HDD: External 60GB Fujitsu

Firewire (working)

Keyboard (working... obviously)

Synaptics TouchPad (working)

Thanks so much with any help you can offer me.

EDIT: I used Callisto version 006 and it worked... now I have 1280x1024... nice!!

alien2xx