Radeon Xpress 200M

thedopefishlives

483 posts in this topic

To all Radeon 200M User on Leopard: QuartzExtreme and CoreImage HW is impossible in Leopard, OpenGL Driver (Bundle) is PowerPC only, so it wont work. You can rape the damn ATIRadeon9700.kext, but it wont give you OpenGL in Leopard. Simple...

I have Tiger...and i try to it....,alien, can you made an ATIRadeon9700.kext patched for this id :5a62

Thanks!

The ATISlice set the model to Unknow ATI because my ATIRadeon9700.kext doesn't have a god patch for my id!

Thanks Alien!

I have Tiger...and i try to it....,alien, can you made an ATIRadeon9700.kext patched for this id :5a62

Thanks!

The ATISlice set the model to Unknow ATI because my ATIRadeon9700.kext doesn't have a god patch for my id!

Thanks Alien!

Hi, this is very simple to change and you can do it very easely, just open the kext file:

If you are doing it from a MAC OSx, just right click on it and select "Show Package Contents", it will open a window, navigate inside and find the file called" info.plist", then open that file with any text editor, look for the line (see picture and just add your ID device number to it.

If you are doing it from a windows machine just browse to the file and change it, the kext will show as a directory under windows...

post-212749-1213989054_thumb.png

post-212749-1213989210_thumb.png

post-212749-1213989549_thumb.png

Good, I tried kext of Slice and recognizes the X200, but without QE / QI and unable to change the resolution.

You've tried the patch koverg, but Leopard freezer ... I also edited the ATIRadeon9700.kext without fortune ...

post-169936-1213994182_thumb.png

Greetings MacOff

PS sorry for my bad English

1. Use ATILead instead of ATISlice. It is replacement! The most interesting settings is F8,size.

when 0x00300000 you cat have QE/CI but slow. If greater - black screen.

2. About ATIRadeon9700.kext I already made a patch in the thread and say how to patch to another DevID using perl command. Search!

3. If your kext is PowerPC only - drop it to trash and look for other Intel version.

4. Anymore you can't get full speed QE/CI because there is NO SOLUTION YET.

Try to make binary patch for ATIRadeon9700.kext. :(

Extract file ATIRadeon9700.kext/Contents/MacOS/ATIRadeon9700 to any place you like.

Make the follow

perl -pi -e 's|\x66\x3d\x4e\x4a|\x66\x3d\x55\x59|g' ATIRadeon9700

perl -pi -e 's|\x66\x3d\x48\x4a|\x66\x3d\x55\x59|g' ATIRadeon9700

I assume DevID=5955 - last digits in the string in reverse order.

You need to do both commands!

In some versions of ATIRadeon9700 it is not work. In this case you need other commands

perl -pi -e 's|\x3d\x4e\x4a\x00|\x3d\x55\x59\x00|g' ATIRadeon9700

perl -pi -e 's|\x3d\x48\x4a\x00|\x3d\x55\x59\x00|g' ATIRadeon9700

Then replace original file with patched, repair permissions and try!

The bynary patch!I try!

Hello all!

I begin real investigation.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=113238

Hi Slice,

Thanks, I keep looking around and see if there is any progress on this on some other places on the net, nothing yet... it would be so nice to have QE/CI working on a 200m chipset.. I wish I had some knowledge on this so I can help out...

Excellent job, and thanks so much for the time you are putting trying to get this working...

• 2 weeks later...
who can make an ATIRAdeon9700.kext patched for my id "5a62"????For tiger!Thanks!

It is not a solution.

You need

1. Redirect framebuffer to shared memory. I think I shall make this.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=96664

2. Install correct PCIGart table. I don't know who can try this.

I need testers for framebuffer!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. Check out See2 Extreme by Tritton Technologies. It's a USB powered external graphics card, with drivers just released for os x 10.4 and above. I haven't used it, and I'm not sure of whether -- like Displaylink -- it's really a beta driver with limitations, but it looks promising as an alternative graphics solution with those of us with chipsets like the 200m.

http://www.trittontechnologies.com/products/TRIUV200.htm

Give it a whirl and report back on its performance. Slice -- could be something in the driver of use on your framebufffer project perhaps, no?

Okay, So i'm guessing that the 200m Chipset is really never going to work for Leopard, UNLESS, some one out there can actually, make it work??

Hopefully near future someone can get it to work... cross fingers

• 3 weeks later...