10.4.3 broadcom wireless effort

sportman

235 posts in this topic

I found a good deal on what I'm fairly positive is the card that works on ebay last night, item #6836304965

This morning he still has 10 avaiable...

Ron

Thanks, but i'm in search of a card for my desktop, so i need either PCI or USB. I've updated my post to reflect this.

Thanks, but i'm in search of a card for my desktop, so i need either PCI or USB. I've updated my post to reflect this.

you might just be out of luck, i dont know of any broadcom pci cards with the same chipset as the dell 1450, just find out what chipset is in the 1450 and then google for that chipset and pci. the drivers in 10.4.3 are not meant for USB i think, only pci/minipci

I found a good deal on what I'm fairly positive is the card that works on ebay last night, item #6836304965

This morning he still has 10 avaiable...

Ron

Just wanted to update that I recieved my card today and it works perfectly with the 1099 IO80211 kext...

Ron

Just a status report: I got a Belkin F5D7000 v2000 PCI card, which is not working since 10.4.1 (yes, I installed the modified AppleAirport2.kext, but no go!), and I followed this thread, got the IO80211Family.kext into my 8F1111, loaded the driver successfully, but not a sign of it's functioning... I found you guys are mostly using laptop, but I'm using my desktop. Anybody in the same shoes with me?

Just a status report: I got a Belkin F5D7000 v2000 PCI card, which is not working since 10.4.1 (yes, I installed the modified AppleAirport2.kext, but no go!), and I followed this thread, got the IO80211Family.kext into my 8F1111, loaded the driver successfully, but not a sign of it's functioning... I found you guys are mostly using laptop, but I'm using my desktop. Anybody in the same shoes with me?

I have the same problem. I use a desktop ASUS A8V Deluxe, AMD3200+, ATI 9800Pro, Belkin F5D7000v1. My wireless adapter is not working. I have tried all different ways and Kexts that have been suggested but none of them seem to get the thing to work.

Now just waiting to see someone having more succes. Meanwhile I operate dual boot with XP pro as primary OS.

I have the same problem. I use a desktop ASUS A8V Deluxe, AMD3200+, ATI 9800Pro, Belkin F5D7000v1. My wireless adapter is not working. I have tried all different ways and Kexts that have been suggested but none of them seem to get the thing to work.

Now just waiting to see someone having more succes. Meanwhile I operate dual boot with XP pro as primary OS.

version 3xxx of the Belkin PCI cards use RaLink chips instead of Broadcom. If your's is v3xxx, you may be in luck since RaLink has posted some primative unibin drivers.

If you've got an older Belkin card, it won't work since they were based on the 4306 Broadcom chipset, which isn't supported right now.

Hello, Please forgive a total noob here.

My machine is a T40, 1.5GHZ (Banias), 512MB Ram, 40gig ata drive, dvd/cd-rw, built-in Cisco 350 mPCI, built-in network.

I had 10.4.1 installed with 10.4.3 userland update, new AirPort2.kext. With this I was able to use either of the 2 PCMCIA cards I had, a WPC54G v1, and a Trendnet 401PCplus, both show up as Airport Wireless and come up with a device id of 4320 in the info pages. All worked very well.

I installed an 10.4.3 8f1111a v4.2 patched dvd on to another hard drive. Everything works correctly, including built-in nic. The only thing that doesn't work is the wireless pcmcia.

I have added the IO80211Family.kext, changed owner and permissions. They load find with kextload.

Both pcmcia cards are detected, but neither are detected as Aiport Wireless and don't show up in preferences.

Most of this topic is about the mpci cards (1450 in particular).

Any success with Broadcom pcmcia cards?

thanks for any info.

Download 10.4.4 extensions (search forum), extract and find IO80211Family.text/contents/plugins/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext/contents/info.plist

Edit from

<array>

<string>pci14e4,4311</string>

<string>pci14e4,4312</string>

<string>pci14e4,4324</string>

</array>

to

<array>

<string>pci14e4,4320</string>

</array>

save and drag IO80211Family.kext into /System/Library/Extensions/

In Terminal,

sudo -s

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

reboot

Open Network in System Preference after reboot, you should get surprise, good luck.

Hello All, Thanks for the info.

I can confirm that my T40 now has wireless working with my TendNet 401PCPlus pcmcia card.

Using the IO80211Family.kext from 10.4.4, I modified the broadcom plist to include 4320.

In addition to the previous instructions, I also had to delete:

/System/Library/Extensions/Extensions.kextcache

/System/Library/Extensions/Extensions.mkext

rebooted, and an Airport Wireless card was recognized.

Thanks All,

Happy Camper.

I bought the 1450 card working, only problem is, 10.4.3 doesnt support my onboard lan, so my airport is seen as a onboard lan, and i cant use the aiport config tool to connect to my router, it doesnt broadcast the ssid and it uses wpa (my room mate is a bit paranoid). I tried using istumbler to configure it, but i cant use wpa with it for some reason...weird.

I bought the 1450 card working, only problem is, 10.4.3 doesnt support my onboard lan, so my airport is seen as a onboard lan, and i cant use the aiport config tool to connect to my router, it doesnt broadcast the ssid and it uses wpa (my room mate is a bit paranoid). I tried using istumbler to configure it, but i cant use wpa with it for some reason...weird.

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?s=...indpost&p=40054

Cheesecake - You mentioned that the 10.4.4 kext supported the Truemobile 1300, though with the 4320 dev ID. I have a 1300 and have followed the instructions, airport extreme is now found, but I am unable to configure the airport or anything else. Any suggestions, do you think that it is because my 1300 wireless is based on the 4306 chipset? Thanks for any help.

Download 10.4.4 extensions (search forum), extract and find IO80211Family.text/contents/plugins/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext/contents/info.plist

Edit from

<array>

<string>pci14e4,4324</string>

</array>

to

<array>

<string>pci14e4,4320</string>

</array>

save and drag IO80211Family.kext into /System/Library/Extensions/

In Terminal,

sudo -s

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

reboot

Open Network in System Preference after reboot, you should get surprise, good luck.

I've got my 4318 card working with the same setting accept it is <string>pci14e4,4318</string> in stead of <string>pci14e4,4320</string>. OsX86 10.4.3.

Thanx for this great tip!

---------------------------------------

Tried to internet with the thing. It completely hangs. Gonna try some other things. It makes a connection though, so that's a good start.

Edited by keeshond

Does anyone with a 4320 or 4318 experience problems when coming out of "sleep" mode (doesn't really sleep, just spins down the hdd and processor)? When I try to resume from sleep mode, the card cannot find any access points. I think this is probably due to only partial ACPI support.

Is there a way to turn off and then turn on the cardbus service? Something akin to the "cardctl eject/insert" command in unix would be excellent, and it might be a useful workaround to restore wireless connectivity upon coming back from sleep mode.

I've got my 4318 card working with the same setting accept it is <string>pci14e4,4318</string> in stead of <string>pci14e4,4320</string>. OsX86 10.4.3.

Thanx for this great tip!

---------------------------------------

Tried to internet with the thing. It completely hangs. Gonna try some other things. It makes a connection though, so that's a good start.

Well, we ARE getting closer, but I'm probably having the same problem trying to actually USE Airport. After installing the IO80211Family.kext and rebooting, my PCI Belkin F5D7000 v2 (Broadcom 4320) shows up in the PCI section of ASP. See attached. However, any attempt to access or configure (including just looking at the Airport section of ASP) starts a process labeled "576 configd" in Activity Monitor which takes 99.8% of CPU.

The only way I've found out of this is to do a hard restart and go in to safe mode and delete the patched IO80211Family.kext. Has anyone actually gotten Airport working ? If so, what am I missing ?

Thanks

:(

G

Native 10.4.3/ 8F1111a/g, Intel D915GAG, P4 630 (3 GHz), 2GB DDR Ram, PCI Belkin F5D7000 v2 (Broadcom 4320)post-13072-1137609223_thumb.png

Well, we ARE getting closer, but I'm probably having the same problem trying to actually USE Airport. After installing the IO80211Family.kext and rebooting, my PCI Belkin F5D7000 v2 (Broadcom 4320) shows up in the PCI section of ASP. See attached. However, any attempt to access or configure (including just looking at the Airport section of ASP) starts a process labeled "576 configd" in Activity Monitor which takes 99.8% of CPU.

The only way I've found out of this is to do a hard restart and go in to safe mode and delete the patched IO80211Family.kext. Has anyone actually gotten Airport working ? If so, what am I missing ?

Thanks

:D

G

Native 10.4.3/ 8F1111a/g, Intel D915GAG, P4 630 (3 GHz), 2GB DDR Ram, PCI Belkin F5D7000 v2 (Broadcom 4320)post-13072-1137609223_thumb.png

guilliamo,

Your profile is showing up exactly the same as mine.

This is how I configured mine.

1. Click on the Airport sign on the menubar

2. Select "Airport On"

3. Click on the Airport sign again. then select " Open Internet Connect" on the menu

4. Select the Network you want to connect to on the dropdown menu. Its possible that it may have already defaulted to whats available.

5. After selecting the network you want it may ask for a password Key. I had mine set to 128 bit WEP. after entering this I gained access to the network.

I dont know if this is of any use to you but it worked for me.