Who is a maruta for upgrading 10.4.9 with ASUS P5W DH Deluxe?

52 posts in this topic

hmm im having trouble in WoW all the shades of the caracter are not right they give just black surface

and WoW realy looks great but it plays like if your an old man all animation is smooth but my speed is like 1/2 of normal :S realy strange

i decided to write a compleet install guide

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=48245

hmm im having trouble in WoW all the shades of the caracter are not right they give just black surface

and WoW realy looks great but it plays like if your an old man all animation is smooth but my speed is like 1/2 of normal :S realy strange

i decided to write a compleet install guide

Fantastic!!

Tester : mikey

Processor : Intel 805

MHz : 2,66GHz

Number of CPUs : 2

Operating System : Mac OS 10.4.9

Graphics Card : Ati x1900 XT

xbench mark 130 not bad :))

cinebenche

Rendering (Single CPU): 340 CB-CPU

Rendering (Multiple CPU): 630 CB-CPU

Multiprocessor Speedup: 1.85

Shading (CINEMA 4D) : 438 CB-GFX

Shading (OpenGL Software Lighting) : 1728 CB-GFX

Shading (OpenGL Hardware Lighting) : 3304 CB-GFX

OpenGL Speedup: 7.54

Just OC'd my e6700 to 3.25ghz... I'm not going to push it any more... even though I probably could.

CINEBENCH 9.5

Tester : migs

Processor : Intel e6700

MHz : 3.25ghz

Operating System : Mac OS 10.4.9

Graphics Card : NVidia 7900gs

Rendering (Single CPU): 539 CB-CPU

Rendering (Multiple CPU): 991 CB-CPU

Multiprocessor Speedup: 1.84

Shading (CINEMA 4D) : 7448 CB-GFX

Shading (OpenGL Software Lighting) : 2637 CB-GFX

Shading (OpenGL Hardware Lighting) : 6206 CB-GFX

OpenGL Speedup: 0.83

How in the he11 can you get that processor to 4ghz! My e6300 can get to 2.66ghz and it is still stable. I'm a novice at ocing so I'm taking it easy. Any ideas how I could get more out of my 1.86ghz e6300? Thanks!

That's actually quite a bit for the e6300... but usually it lands on a good powersupply, good motherboard (which you have), and good ram. If you ram can't overclock with your cpu, you're done for.

The 3.6ghz socket 775 intel released (forgot the model), was overclocking to 4.4ghz pretty easily. The e6600 and e6700 can reach 4ghz... not sure about the one candy has... (not sure which he has).

CINEBENCH 9.5

Tester : RitzCarltn

Processor : Hackint0shi

MHz : E6300

Operating System : 10.4.9(8.9.1;8P2137)

Graphics Card : ASUS Nvidia EN7600GT 256MB

Rendering (Single CPU): 309 CB-CPU

Rendering (Multiple CPU): 551 CB-CPU

Multiprocessor Speedup: 1.78

Shading (CINEMA 4D) : 374 CB-GFX

Shading (OpenGL Software Lighting) : 1535 CB-GFX

Shading (OpenGL Hardware Lighting) : 3800 CB-GFX

OpenGL Speedup: 10.15

I got an intel 805 dual core 2,66

it can run @4GHz problem is i got a bus lock and nead to change the ratio that someting i cant do in the bios :S

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/05/10/dual_41_ghz_cores/

for the E6300 go here 1,83 @ 3 Ghz it can be done usaly (will nead DDR2 800 and a nice cooler)

http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/01/18/ove...g-guide-part-1/

@ EMI

my

Shading (CINEMA 4D) : 438 CB-GFX

Shading (OpenGL Software Lighting) : 1728 CB-GFX

Shading (OpenGL Hardware Lighting) : 3304 CB-GFX

yours

Shading (CINEMA 4D) : 7448 CB-GFX

Shading (OpenGL Software Lighting) : 2637 CB-GFX

Shading (OpenGL Hardware Lighting) : 6206 CB-GFX

think something is realy wrong with my vid drivers because my X1900 XTX sould beat the pants of your 7900

I have had my board foor more than a year now it works great but still have some troubles.

every one has the cant read disk when you boot right?

Does any of you guys have a lagging Clock? realy strange i put it on auto update just to keap it in pace i have to open clock prefs so it corrects the time. realy strange .

I still have not found a way dat osx detects my cpu corectly thinks ist a 4 ghz model lol its only running on 2,66. think im going to upgrade to a core 2 duo next month. hope it will solve some of my problems.

Hmm and my x1900 XTX is not preforming right runs all reselutions has CI and QE but if you see my bench marks its not that great . have to do some research in whats going wrong with my open GL

I don't think you're card is hugely off...

http://www.3dfluff.com/mash/cinebench/top.php <--- look at what the mac pro got with the x1900xt. Though apple does underclock their ati cards, the ram speed is slower, and the core speed is slower.

The only thing I can think of for my graphics card being so quick is the e6700... (I do have a screenshot of the benchmark). I was very happy I beat my friend's ati x1900xt in his mac pro. Maybe cinebench is more optimized for NVidia vs ATI?

Anyways, about your other problems... I read your install guide for OS 10.4.9 on that thread you made. The first thing you said that I couldn't get to work was to USE the orange sata ports. I had to use red and black right off the bat. If you use red and black and set your sata mode to AHCI, you don't get the disk error when you start up.

You need to update your kernel for the lagging clock. There is a 10.4.9 kernel out there with HPET that will get rid of these clock and bus speed problems. I would start with that kernel update. Also are you using JCCool for your ati card? I know that is the optimal setup.

Well in the PC realm my x1900 xtx realy is way faster than your card 20 fps more but thats not why we are here ..

any way did a bios update to form 7 to 9 any go on irc to get the newest kernel

oke will edit the install guide first (stay away from orange)

i use a AtA HD and DVD drive so have no exp with them.

upgrading the cpu .... hmm i have bin looking at the xeon cpu's for 775 hmm wonder if they would fit.

problem is my WoW runs like a old fart. hade some artafacting, and some strange feature i can see the map coord grid (lines running over the world deviding it in squares :S)

Artefackting= all shades of caracters give a black square atound the caracter.

ooh and game runs on 3/4 speed like your afacted by a frost mage.

I in stalled windows to day , well it gets an error message when booting :P

but boots. the {censored} piece of software of cource destroyd my only change to boot osx doing a reinstall :( going to test 10.4.8 now. see if it has problems

• 2 weeks later...

I installed the JMicron patch and now I'm getting that damned Disk Insertion Error. I installed this patch hoping to finally be able to use my eSATA, but instead, its screws up my system. How can I fix this?

I fixed it. I just restored AppleAHCIPort.kext and AppleVIAATA.kext from my backup. I'm going to try installing 10.4.9 in a minute and just replace these files. Wish me luck!

Hi Ritz™ !

I also have a P5W DH, but till now can't seem to install uphuc on my rig ...

Can you tell me exactly what to select in OSX install after disk selection ?

should I only select the first item (intel SSE2/3) or do I have to add other things below this one ?

thanks

only sse2/sse3 you have you read the instal guide bye me?

why can you install what seem te be the trouble?

candykane, Please Update your Install guide using Uphuck 10.4.9 UB x86 DVD 1.2 ...

1.3 will be soon....

http://61.74.156.133/bbs/view.php?id=ritz&...=asc&no=650