Who is a maruta for upgrading 10.4.9 with ASUS P5W DH Deluxe?

52 posts in this topic

post-27666-1176551879_thumb.jpg

Who is a maruta for upgrading 10.4.9 with ASUS P5W DH Deluxe?

Several ppl already upgrade to 10.4.9 using Loki Upgtade successfully.

How about you?

Bios : 1901

Followings is compleet install guide. Thanks candykane,

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=48245

##Added.....

And I can not remember where is came from followings.

##################################################################

It’s also wise to have ddr2-667 or ddr2-800 so you wont need to run your memory at a rate slower than CPU. 667 is sweet enough if you want a 25% (fsb333) overclock, so you can keep a 1:1 FSB:RAM ratio, which is said to be smart. If you want a 50% OC (400fsb), ddr2-800 is the way to go.

I like having the bios updated. Some people are having problems with latest bios, so it’s up to you. My rig is running gewd at bios 1901 and a small OC (25%). asus update in windows is plain easy, just remember it won’t allow you to roll back to previous version if anything gets messed, for that you’ll need afudos.

Let’s get to the BIOS. First things first, disable what you don’t use:

1- On the Main bios screen, disable all unused IDE. Where you read “undetected� set them to ignore or uninstalled.

2- Go into Power > Hardware Monitor and disable everything Q-Fan and AI Quiet. While you’re at there, disable the monitoring of fans you dont have or use (where you see N/A or some strange values, set it to ignore – my bios was reading 111000rpm from a fan that doesnt exist).

You may also set all profiles to performance mode for extra safety (it’s probably not necessary, I’ve actually never touched these settings).

Make sure you fan is at it’s highest if it has an external control.

3- Now the Advanced tab, Onboard Devices Configuration, disable the Jmicron if you dont use the second (black) IDE connector.

4- At Advanced > CPU Configuration, set Ratio CMOS Setting to your cpu multiplier (8 for my 6400, as in 8x266=2.13ghz). Disable all these:

- Max CPUID Value Limit

- Execute Disable Function

- Intel Speedstep

5- Slip into Advanced > Chipset Configuration and turn off HyperPath3. Set PEG Link Mode to Normal.

You should turn on Configure DRAM timings by SPD if you want to go for high OC. If you’re going for fsb333 (25%OC), you can disable SPD and set your memory to the tightest (lowest) timings they can handle. Check your memory specs for these.

6- We’re getting there. Jump to Advanced>JumperFree Configuration. Set AI Overclocking to Manual. Now you’ll see all the OC settings.

FSB should be 266 for the 6000’s Conroe series.

Set your DRAM Frequency to 533. This will keep the 1:1 ratio mentioned above: (2x266):533.

Leave Performance Mode at Auto or Standard (I’m not sure what this setting does)

Set PCI Express Frequency to 100.

Set PCI Clock Synchronization Mode to 33.33.

Set Memory Voltage as in your memory specs.

Set MCH Voltage to 1.50V

Set ICH Voltage to 1.05

For FSB Termination Voltage, use 1.30 for a 25%OC(fsb333). You may need to set it to 1.40 if you’re going for higher clocks.

For VCore voltage, it’ll depend on your luck. Some chips dont need high voltages and some do. I overclocked my rig to fsb333 on 1.3vcore. Tomshardware’s forum guide suggested these values:

E6300=1.370V E6400=1.375V E6600=1.400V E6700=1.400V X6800=1.400V

There’s basically two ways of overclocking:

1- you rise the fsb and the voltage to high values from start and then tune it downwards until you lose stability

2- you rise the fsb and voltage in small steps checking stability and stop at the last stable settings when things get unstable.

What you want is high FSB and low voltages.

I would choose some vcore in the range 1.3000-1.3625 and pray I won’t need to go above this (for a 25% OC).

We have not yet touched the CPU Frequency (fsb) setting, so we’re not overclocked. Calm down, press F10 and let the bios save everything.

Get back to that same JumperFree Configuration after reboot.

Now set the CPU frequency to 333 (press +). You’ll see DRAM frequency changes accordingly (to 667). If you go for extreme clocks like fsb400, your memory would reach ddr2-800 at this ratio. Make sure you dont go into DRAM frequency that your memory cant handle. Also make sure you have the correct timings for that final frequency set at Chipset Configuration (as in our step 5 above) if you’re not using SPD.

Press F10 again, save and reboot.

Smile. You’re OCed.

Test system stability and temperature with wPrime and SpeedFan (if you’re in Vista, you have to tell wPrime to use 2 threads).

Make sure vcore voltage is not fluctuating. Make sure temps are in range.

If everything is ok, you can try higher Cpu frequency or lower voltages until you get satisfied with your CPU Clock/Voltage/Temperature.

If you mess things up, hold Insert while booting to reset bios settings or clean the cmos manually (check the board manual for this).

Good luck and have fun. Sorry if my English is not perfect. If I missed something or wrote bad advice, please let me know.

##################################################################

Uphuck 10.4.9 universal x86 install dvd v1.2 is really good for P5W DH DELUXE.

Really beautiful!!!

Everything is working except remote control.

Dope M.S.R.

1. What is your BIOS?

I used 1901, latest version.

2. Did you still use Taruga HDA fix or otherthings?

3. I update use 10.4.9 Loki Update. How about you?

In my case, sometimes system hangup and Blue Screen.

1. I have 1901

2. I have ALC882_AppleHDA_v0.4b.mpkg

3. Updated using Jas Update 10.4.9

On other post Kaspers offered me his kexts.

How can I get Kaspers kext?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I sucessfully upgraded from 10.4.7 to 10.4.9 using the JaS Update and everything works. I was reading that my graphics card is unsupported. I have an X1950Pro 512mb and the only thing I can get is correct res but no CI or QE. :unsure: I've decided to return my graphics card from Newegg and get a 7900GS for the same price!

Hi guys i got lucky to day I used the Koolal updater (available via demon) with the 10.4.9 , core 1049 (8.9.1) wel got the same results as befor a kernel trap bla bla bla ... and the systeem would reboot. So i whent to look deeper to day i found a post about a P 4 s478 system with the same trouble . It turned out to be the cpu ID limit ( bios setting)

so i whent in to the bios and turnt off "Max cpuID limit ". And yes it booted :o) Going to do some backuping now and some testing.

Few things that are wrong:

My P4 805 (dual core 2,66 GHz) gets to be a 4 GHz cpu :S ( yes it can do that but not with a 533 mhz bus setting so its wrong but can live with that.

i have to stay away from there ati drivers made by diabolic they crash my system at the (blue screen).hmm strange but oke

At start up i get an error popup about an unreadable drive its seems to come from the sata controller. maby becase there is no drive connected. but i click un mount and its gone :o)